Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LATI That sounds the same as mine. I have decided to run a manual progress sheet as well in case I stuff it up so if they moan they cannot see my progress I can email it!!! I am not sure I ticked all the right boxes when setting it up but I didn't get any error messages.

Alter. No more talk of hijacking this thread! You can raise whatever you like and if anyone did hijack it then it was I!!!! I sincerely hope you get seen or spoken to quickly and that all goes well. Good idea to have a bag packed as you feel so much better if you go in with some of your own bits, which will include Dew Hand Sanitiser I'm guessing,

Sazza. Thank you so much for your good wishes and all the best sorting out the difficulties with your Dad and getting him the help he needs.

@Mazza been following your journey and been meaning to send you my best wishes for a while but been caught up looking after my dad who landed in hospital after an accident. He has been home 2 weeks now but needs a lot of looking after and we have been having a battle getting the help he is supposed to get, so I have read your posts and often don't get a chance to reply. Please take care, am thinking of you xxx
Poor dad & poor you - the wheels don't move very fast at the best of times, & we're certainly not having those at the moment ❤

Managed to use the app and input my results! Whether or not that continues remains to be seen. I also managed to do the required amount of all the exercises except for standing up from a chair without using your hands. I mean to my absolute amazement I could do that but I felt I was putting too much weight through the injured foot to achieve it. I have only just gone from touch toe to semi weight bearing. This seemed more like superhuman strength required! So I only did a couple. I did explain why though.

'I also managed to do the required amount of all the exercises except for standing up from a chair without using your hands'.
Excellent! 👏There must be some who can't get up from a chair like that under normal circumstances so I wonder how they get on doing that exercise. I get migraines & some are totally debilitating; several years ago I had a massive one start just as I arrived at a colleague's Tupperware party. Her neighbour was a nurse & came to my rescue but was concerned that my face looked lopsided, I felt really awful but did manage to reply that as she'd never seen me before she didn't know that I always looked like that. She probably thought I was an ungrateful 🐄

Managed to use the app and input my results! Whether or not that continues remains to be seen. I also managed to do the required amount of all the exercises except for standing up from a chair without using your hands. I mean to my absolute amazement I could do that but I felt I was putting too much weight through the injured foot to achieve it. I have only just gone from touch toe to semi weight bearing. This seemed more like superhuman strength required! So I only did a couple. I did explain why though.

Ahh. The Superhuman Effort. I can identify with that. 'Only' a couple is a GREAT start so don't give up.

Sazza - I hope you get the help your dad needs soon. Trying to get help for older family members is a nightmare but you need to keep at it. The squeaky wheel gets oiled first!

Thanks for all your replies, everyone. As you can see, I'm still here. I'm still getting twinges but they're not as frequent as they were. I did get my bag sorted, though. Prepare for worst, hope for best is my motto these days.

'Thanks for all your replies, everyone. As you can see, I'm still here. I'm still getting twinges but they're not as frequent as they were. I did get my bag sorted, though. Prepare for worst, hope for best is my motto these days'.
Good motto alter. Hopefully fewer twinges means it's not your appendix. I get a stitch type pain on my right side & peppermint oil capsules sort it out.

Glad you're at least getting to the two-steps-forward-one-step-back stage, Mazza.

Now for a quick hijack again, if I may...

Has anyone had appendicitis or a low-level grumble? I have a sinking feeling I have trouble on the horizon.

I've had a sharp pain on/off just below my belly button and slightly to the right for the last couple of days and I'm getting worried as I'm shielding and I really don't want to go into hospital - ever! But especially not now.

I hope I'm imagining it but any experiences would be helpful.

Thanks, All.
Could it be IBS? I suffer from trapped wind and on really bad bouts I usually have to resort to a small whiskey and hot water bottle which seems to do the trick. Obviously not a daily remedy!

As it happens, I do have IBS and digestive problems linked to my neurological condition (I'm a barrel of laughs!), but I've never had twinges like these before.

I do use peppermint oil capsules, too. They work a lot better than prescribed stuff! I've resorted to the hot water bottle frequently (though I won't be using it in this weather!), but not tried the whiskey remedy - yet!

A new design of fashionable face masks - - Peppa Pig

Cartoon bacon masks 117705133_10224115.jpg

When confronted by all the crap and disdain and the "I'm so superior to you" attitude, you must fight back and stand up and just tell them you're not doing it. Eventually, someone in the medical industry does listen and

No!!!!! Just say now, thank you but no thanks can I have a second/third opinion. Do it now. Just say you don't think he's taking you seriously and you want another doctor. You can have one. I did.

CC
Note I've not read all the way down. A polite way of saying 'I want another doc/you're not taking me seriously' could be " I need a doctor that better suits my needs" ....or something?

I wish you lot would stop posting funny pics ! I’ve reached the age when I can laugh, cough, pee, Pooh and f@rt all at the same time, and often do !

Apols if I offend 😱

All without getting out of bed!

This is a true story - - - - - - >

I have a local Chinese takeaway, but their curry was so vile (it was sickly sweet) that I only ever bought one and that was about 5 years ago.

Recently, it has changed hands, so I asked about their curry. They gave me a small pot to try, together with a spoon.

Naturally, I dipped the spoon into the curry and brought it to my mouth, completely forgetting that I was wearing a Covid transparent visor!

They then had to give me some tissues to wipe all the curry sauce from the front of my visor.

But it tasted delicious, so I bought a curry beef.

As it happens, I do have IBS and digestive problems linked to my neurological condition (I'm a barrel of laughs!), but I've never had twinges like these before.

I do use peppermint oil capsules, too. They work a lot better than prescribed stuff! I've resorted to the hot water bottle frequently (though I won't be using it in this weather!), but not tried the whiskey remedy - yet!

Are you also having “twinges” in your upper left back and/or shoulder blade ?
I did, it was gallstones. Take care and don’t suffer too long before seeking medical advice. x

Alter Ego, please get your appendix checked out. When I was younger, I had a grumbling appendix for quite a while, doctor knew and did nothing about it. Anyway, out of the blue, I got really ill, feverish, came on quite suddenly and landed up rushed into hospital. Appendix had burst, they removed it but by then I had peritonitis, I was not well at all. I was in hossy for 2 weeks. So, please get it checked out, not that my doctor did anything about mine except telling me it was grumbling appendix, but these days they might treat it quicker.

Latest posts

Back