Stopped in the street.............

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Really ?, when ?

I'm never ceased to be amazed by the pronouncements by some slebs, and brand ambassadors that " I'm often stopped in the street and asked.......". Well I think they should be made to expand on that, I mean, who recognises these people for a start, and who in their right mind would start a conversation by asking for longer hems, more block heels, or larger sizes !!! ???

Katy Pemberton is notorious for saying this, well love, actually I would personally cross the street to avoid you . Just don't take us for idiots with the sales assistant psychological mindset.

Ridiculous..if it's a certain thing you're looking for eg, longer hems, block heels, larger sizes, you' d just look online and find something you like, or shop around. You wouldn't "bother" Next or Zara if you couldn't find something you liked, you'd just look elsewhere!

Are they that bad? I’ve never tried them, but she ( and her trusty sidekick,model Debbie)seem to think they are something to behold!

I've never been stopped in the street :giggle: but have been asked a couple of times, whilst in shops, what is the gorgeous perfume I'm wearing.....Chanel Coco Mademoiselle. It's the only one I wear.

It was women asking me, not men who had just walked into lamposts😉

I've never been stopped in the street :giggle: but have been asked a couple of times, whilst in shops, what is the gorgeous perfume I'm wearing.....Chanel Coco Mademoiselle. It's the only one I wear.

It was women asking me, not men who had just walked into lamposts😉
Oh I have been asked what perfume I was wearing but it was by a used car salesman so I am assuming he was just after a sale as it was only L'aimant 😄

Oh is it really? I didn't know that. My Mum used to wear it and I just like the smell. She used to use another Coty fragrance with a blue label but its name escapes me. Oh and she loved Lentheric Tweed, awful smell I always thought.
Coty L'aimant the poor mans Chanel no.5 good dupe

Oh is it really? I didn't know that. My Mum used to wear it and I just like the smell. She used to use another Coty fragrance with a blue label but its name escapes me. Oh and she loved Lentheric Tweed, awful smell I always thought.
Wasn’t it called Heaven Scent, the blue one? My Mum wore both of those too.

Wasn’t it called Heaven Scent, the blue one? My Mum wore both of those too.
According to Google the blue one was Imprévu, packaging looks familiar but not the name. Heaven Scent was Helena Rubenstein. I used to love Revlon Intimate until I was told that Indians used it to lay out their dead, not sure about that.

I love hearing about the simple days of perfume, late 70's -early 80's. I can't remember any perfume I used back then having no staying power. Perhaps it's because my skin was so much younger then and held fragrance better. Nobody wore crazy expensive stuff as a rule, yes you could get your Chanel's etc which were worn on very special occassions. Poshest my mum ever got was Rive Gauche, but generally used Just Musk or Aqua Manda. On a daily basis for most it was Charlie, Yardley Chique, Smitty, Babe, impulse body spray & various Avon creations for the young 'uns and of course L'aimant, Panache, L'air du temps for the slightly more discerning. Some of them though could've done with out such staying power...Tweed, Avon Timeless...euccch...but if you loved them they were jolly good value for money. People spend a small fortune on fragrance nowadays, and like I say, a lot of them don't last five minutes on the skin!

Latest posts

Back