Strictly Come Dancing 2016

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sad, but I cannot wait for it to start. Bugger else on Saturday night.

Oh and Ireland are doing their own version they are calling it Dancing With The Stars same as the US does.

Guessing Ed or Lesley will be first out. But I keep an open mind until I see them all dance.

I was rather surprised, but in no way disappointed that Peter Simon wasn't included, perhaps he will be on something else that will suit his talents? Can't think what tho!

I love Strictly although it's not been the same for me since my dear Mum and Strictly buddy died. My most favourite bit is Zoe Balls 'It Takes Two', least favourite is this weeks Intro show which always seems very drawn out and awkwardly fake. Looking forward to this years pickings though. Good selection, quite looking forward to 'Balls', have a feeling Rutherford is going to be really flat footed, but will be glad to be proven wrong. Bet Claudia Fragapane, little gymnast will be delightful.

I do love Strictly - my world will revolve around it from now to Christmas.

Didn't like the red carpet show - too many screeching women and I can get all I need of those on Q. Hopefully when they actually have to work it might quieten them down.

Haven't watched it in years. They do seem to have some actual celebrities on their roster, unlike some other so-called sleb shows...

Much and all as I love it I could make quite a few changes.

Personally for me there are far too many sportspeople.

I think those who have done stage musicals must have an advantage although I know that nearly every young person on telly has been to stage school and as they are so young it is only 10 years max since they were there.

I hate the token oldie/fattie/fun figure who is only there until the younguns have got over the dances they are useless at.

Favouritism from the judges - Arleen Philips was guilty in the very worse menopausal cringing way to anything in tight trousers.

You just knew Anton would get Lesley, though she does look like she can actually move.

I love Rob Rinder, seen him sitting in the audience a number of times over a few seasons. He was giving it some wellie in the group dance. Louise Rednapp the dress she wore was pretty but, looked too long for the style in the group. To be honest I thought she was going to trip on the fringing a few times.

Will Young had no socks on! LOL I just kept noticing that.

Did not recognise Kevin's sister with the dyed ultra blond hair at first until her name was called.

You just knew Anton would get Lesley, though she does look like she can actually move.

I love Rob Rinder, seen him sitting in the audience a number of times over a few seasons. He was giving it some wellie in the group dance. Louise Rednapp the dress she wore was pretty but, looked too long for the style in the group. To be honest I thought she was going to trip on the fringing a few times.

Did not recognise Kevin's sister with the dyed ultra blond hair at first until her name was called.

Gawd is Anton still on the show? Didn't watch last night but had assumed he'd be out to pasture by now.

No, they need him for the older ladies and no doubt he lives in hope of either taking over from Len or get the presenting job one day.

See Ola was tweeting about a fix again with who got which partner.

Thought it would be nice to share a great website that has many thousands of Old Radio programmes for free download. Titles such as Round the Horne, Beyond our Ken, The Goon Shows, and so so many more! If like me you are of a certain age, and love those old radio shows, it's well worth a look. Yes, it is free. www.radioechoes.com

He was fab - not the best dancer but very entertaining. I was surprised by the long jumper bloke as I thought he would be rubbish but he was actually quite good.

They should all do the same dance though as it is hard to see how good someone doing the waltz is against someone doing a jive :)

Yes, I agree. Two dances say Waltz and a Latin and each one does it. Not sure I could watch one and half hours of nothing but waltz?

I thought the DJ guy would have loads of hip action but no. Daisy was lovely simple not farting about before starting.

What I did notice when the flashed up to the gallery, Lesley was not clapping and had a face like a slap ar*e while everyone else was applauding the other dancers.

No, they need him for the older ladies and no doubt he lives in hope of either taking over from Len or get the presenting job one day.

See Ola was tweeting about a fix again with who got which partner.

I think Ola and James have been very short sighted to burn their bridges so spectacularly, thus ensuring they will never be able to get involved in the show in any way, shape or form in the future, should the work dry up. They've been to the papers, she's written her "tell all" book, so now what? Last seen doing a cringeworthy gratuitous photoshoot "washing the car" in the Daily Mail and modelling for Ann Summers.. :-/

Judging by what Louise wore last night and at the launch, I'm wondering if she's not very body confident, which would be a shame as she's gorgeous. Normally those that start like that are happily shaking their stuff in a crop top and hot pants by the end of the series, if they last that long!

At first I thought Will Young had turned up to training dressed as a children's entertainer, and next thing I knew he was wearing lederhosen! :grin:

He was fab - not the best dancer but very entertaining. I was surprised by the long jumper bloke as I thought he would be rubbish but he was actually quite good.

They should all do the same dance though as it is hard to see how good someone doing the waltz is against someone doing a jive :)

They used to start with cha cha and waltz, but they mix it up a lot more now. Can see why they do it, to provide more varied entertainment, but I always think it's a shame to waste brilliant dances like the tango (my favourite!) and jive on week one, would always rather they wait until they've got a bit better.

Really enjoyed all of it, but thought Saturday was the stronger night. Can't believe what good performances there were for week one, there's so much potential this year. See that Zoe and Fatboy have split. I like Zoe on Takes Two, but fidelity always seems to have been a bit of an issue for her. Anyway, could talk about Strictly forever, so will shut up now! :mysmilie_11:

Yes, I spotted that. The newspapers of course running with his splat with Len, very much doubt that as Will is toucher than that hey he stood his own against Cowell. Len has said things like that to others over the years and its just Len. Will even shrugged it off on Saturday night.

Apparently he suffers from depression.

Whilst I have sympathy for anyone suffering I wonder why he thought he could accept the pressure for 3 months when he hasn't managed only 3 weeks.

Latest posts

Back