Strictly

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My mum was visiting, we were watching the footy and those adverts for erectile disfunction kept coming on. Mum concentrated on her knitting and Mr CC suddenly had a bout of long incontinence which involved going to the loo every time the ads came on. Ha ha ha ha. No need for it though. Put the ads on after midnight when everyone's gone to bed. If you need help with all that bodily stuff then the internet supplies the answers - or your GP if you can see one.

CC

This is a fun read from the Guardian about get contestant and their chances.

My mum was visiting, we were watching the footy and those adverts for erectile disfunction kept coming on. Mum concentrated on her knitting and Mr CC suddenly had a bout of long incontinence which involved going to the loo every time the ads came on. Ha ha ha ha. No need for it though. Put the ads on after midnight when everyone's gone to bed. If you need help with all that bodily stuff then the internet supplies the answers - or your GP if you can see one.

CC

Definitely. I used the NHS Incontinence Service (because I was having trouble peeing! I can't do anything the right way around) and discovered the wealth of information and help that they have. Also, many products are available on prescription including items to help with sore skin from incontinence.

The NHS is stripping so many essential services these days. Buying Tena and ignoring any problems will see this service disappear faster and become unavailable for many 'minor' problems.

Embarrassment costs a lot of money. My BIL had problems after his prostate cancer treatment. I suggested he saw the GP for a referral to the Incontinence service but he was horrified. He stayed at home as much as possible and spent a fortune on products bought on the internet. I found it incredible that a man who'd had extensive investigations and a difficult treatment course was too embarrassed to see people that see these problems every day. As far as getting items on prescription, he didn't want to cost the NHS. He's 78, has never used the NHS for much, worked from 14 to 71 and paid all his NI contributions. If anyone deserves help, he does.

I hope no one thinks I was making light of incontinence. I don't have it but some of my relatives have had procedures to stop it. It must be a bit of a nightmare never mind an inconvenience.

I agree with alter about people buying Tena and just putting up with it. There is free help available and those that need it should make use of it.

CC

This is a fun read from the Guardian about get contestant and their chances.

I'm not a Guardy reader but THAT is THE funniest article to read. It should be published in every mag promoting the show. Several favourite 'quotes', but loved this one about one of the contestants .........

"One of those in-house BBC bits of casting, where they just scrape up whoever’s waiting in reception. "

I'm not a Guardy reader but THAT is THE funniest article to read. It should be published in every mag promoting the show. Several favourite 'quotes', but loved this one about one of the contestants .........

"One of those in-house BBC bits of casting, where they just scrape up whoever’s waiting in reception. "
Michael Hogan is a good writer!

He often writes for Radio Times as well as Guardian and others - think he’s freelance.

Yes, Ellie Simmonds is doing it.

Tony Adams, the ex footballer

Richie Anderson has been a guest on It Takes Two Strictly show and a big fan, it seems.

Matt Goss, straight from his Vegas residency.

Will Mellor actor. He is horrified at getting his spray tan. But doing it as his mum is a massive fan of Strictly

Kim Marsh, ex Corrie and Hear Say. She is not liked by many.

Mollie Rainford is a presenter on CBBCS the children's channel.
Isn't Rio F doing it?

I've heard of Will Mellor. He was very good in No Offence and I liked him in 2 Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps. MaGt Goss was in Bros. Along with Ellie Simmonds they are the only ones I've ever heard of

Richie Anderson is also on the Zoe Ball Show.
He's really annoying. Getting loads of work atm .

Saw a news item that a Scottish council has employed a male as a period dignity officer.!!!

Scotland is losing the plot. The head of the Edinburgh Rape Crisis Centre is a man. Who wears a dress. Who would not have a clue how a rape victim feels.

Period dignity my arse! As a young teen, I would have been horribly embarrassed to be in the same room as a bloke talking about periods. WTF are they thinking?!

I feel that women are becoming irrelevant, whose feelings are secondary in the pursuit of diversity and inclusivity. BS !! We are still fighting to get same sex wards in hospitals and it seems a perpetual battle of penis v. vagina. Who would have imagined this ****** ridiculous state of affairs even 10 years ago !.

Sod the twitter mafia, we need to say what we think, and if its not liked then who cares ? The twitter mob can beat themselves into a pulp with rage, but it won't affect me I'm not on it. Shame also on the msm who report what is said on social media because it only adds fuel to the fire. The more who come off social media and make their feelings felt then perhaps the bigger the voice who won't be shouted down.

I am a member of a clothing brand`s facebook group and there are 3 members who were born male but now live as females I`ve no idea if any or all of them have had "the op" and frankly I don`t want to know.
They are fussed over by lots of the females on the group, it`s as if they are prize animals to be petted, admired and quite frankly bullshitted.
None of them look nice, they have feet and hands the size of planks, their legs don`t look at all feminine, their waist is the same width as their hips because they don`t have the female curve, their hair is false, their boobs are false and their makeup is OTT. To be honest they stick out like sore thumbs but for men who wish they didn`t have balls, they sure as hell have huge balls when it comes to them dressing as a woman for their daughter`s wedding alongside their ex wife, one runs a dance school and another is retired and they go about their everyday lives without a second thought.
They post pics of themselves wearing their latest purchases whether it be a frock, skirt or top and attend support groups with other like minded people which they post pics of and one flounced his underskirt and tottered off the group for a while because someone told him he was wearing too short clothes and he didn`t have the legs for it so he should stick to midis or maxis. There is no way any of them (at this moment) look like a woman, they look like men in drag, sorry but that`s the truth. I admire their guts, courage, self belief and the ability to stick 2 fingers up at the rest of us but that`s about it.

Don't these men who identify as women look at women and realise women don't dress like pantomime dames in real life??
What I find objectionable is transgender men wanting to use women's toilets and showers. Sorry but any pervert can don a dress and wig to gain access.

Latest posts

Back