Strictly

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Its that time again when we are drip fed the latest round of "who the hell is that ?" contestants on Strictly. Seeing as how they are chosen from various backgrounds ie politics, sport, childrens tv, cooks etc etc Isn't it surprising that someone from selly telly hasn't been picked to appear ?

I could imagine the likes of Flinty, Roberts, Annaliese, Kabler all falling over themselves to get chosen.

It’s a shopping channel not mainstream tv,nobody knows who they are🤔
The presenters on QVC are in 'show biz' of a kind. I am entertained by watching some of them. I like the satyrical comments made by many people on this forum. Brissels, especially, who could well write a satyrical newspaper column, but as you say, Mr Steptoe, QVC is not a household name. We are the lucky few who recognise their names!
As far as I know, most of the contestants on Strictly are role models of a kind, made famous for their unique abilities, and dedication to their particular vocation. Although it would be fun to see the QVC presenters dancing on Strictly, I doubt it would happen.

That's kind of you Griz - thank you.

As for this year's selection, the names don't exactly trip off the tongue, but I can see what's happening. The BBC want to keep the kids watching so shove in names they'll recognise, equally they have to keep the old dodderers interested, so we've been landed with Kaye Adams ! deep joy.

Richie Anderson :unsure:
Tyler West :unsure:
Jayde Adams :unsure:
Mollie Rainford :unsure:
Ellie Taylor - I think was a stand in host for Pottery Throw Down 🥴

God that Richie Anderson is someone on Radio Slippers and he keeps banging on and on and on about it. WHO CARES FFS. I thought Ellie Simmonds, the Para Olympic swimmer was going to be on it, or was that something else? I don't watch it anyway. I've no idea who Tyler West, Jayde Adams, Mollie Rainford or Ellie Taylor are. I think Patrick Hoy should be on it if you want someone from QVC. He'd be perfect.

CC

God that Richie Anderson is someone on Radio Slippers and he keeps banging on and on and on about it. WHO CARES FFS. I thought Ellie Simmonds, the Para Olympic swimmer was going to be on it, or was that something else? I don't watch it anyway. I've no idea who Tyler West, Jayde Adams, Mollie Rainford or Ellie Taylor are. I think Patrick Hoy should be on it if you want someone from QVC. He'd be perfect.

CC
Yes, Ellie Simmonds is doing it.

Tony Adams, the ex footballer

Richie Anderson has been a guest on It Takes Two Strictly show and a big fan, it seems.

Matt Goss, straight from his Vegas residency.

Will Mellor actor. He is horrified at getting his spray tan. But doing it as his mum is a massive fan of Strictly

Kim Marsh, ex Corrie and Hear Say. She is not liked by many.

Mollie Rainford is a presenter on CBBCS the children's channel.

Yes, Ellie Simmonds is doing it.

Tony Adams, the ex footballer

Richie Anderson has been a guest on It Takes Two Strictly show and a big fan, it seems.

Matt Goss, straight from his Vegas residency.

Will Mellor actor. He is horrified at getting his spray tan. But doing it as his mum is a massive fan of Strictly

Kim Marsh, ex Corrie and Hear Say. She is not liked by many.

Mollie Rainford is a presenter on CBBCS the children's channel.
I've heard of Will Mellor. He was very good in No Offence and I liked him in 2 Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps. Matt Goss was in Bros. Along with Ellie Simmonds they are the only ones I've ever heard of

CC
Ellie Taylor has a great pair of pins, so am fully expecting her to be flashing them in a samba in the first week.
F445F9BA-A2CD-42C1-BA81-0E84E432CB9E.jpeg

TBH I don't find any of these new age comedians funny - men or women. Comedians tell jokes, but this lot only talk about life's incidents and hope to get laughs. I can count on one hand the number of women I found funny, Victoria Wood, French & Saunders, Joan Rivers. So this 'Ellie', and there is some loud mouth who looks similar on GB News, need reporting under the Trades Description Act !!

As usual a list of names comes out and most of them are totally unknown to me. And I agree with Brissles these female ‘comediennes ’ do nothing for me.

I think you have to call them 'comedians' these days, you'll fall foul of the gender police. Victoria Wood, Julie Waters, er ... then I start to struggle when it comes to genuinely funny female comics. Oh, French and Saunders were good in bits. I'm sure there are more. I guess I'm showing my age. The new wave though, no thanks ... bottom of the pile obviously is Sue Perkins, never has there been a comdian male or female so devoid of humour. I think that tall skinny Welsh weatherperson is on isn't he? I have no idea what his talent is apart from acting extremely camp and being Welsh.

Helen Skelton putting the womens movement back about 20 years ... "I'm going on there to find romance after my failed marriage". I think Julia is out now that Ellie is in, their leg lengths are too similar, it wouldn't work.
She’s not even been officially confirmed (at time of writing).
So if she’s supposed to be keeping quiet until properly announced, then I’d boot her off. Annoying mare.

I think you have to call them 'comedians' these days, you'll fall foul of the gender police. Victoria Wood, Julie Waters, er ... then I start to struggle when it comes to genuinely funny female comics. Oh, French and Saunders were good in bits. I'm sure there are more. I guess I'm showing my age. The new wave though, no thanks ... bottom of the pile obviously is Sue Perkins, never has there been a comdian male or female so devoid of humour. I think that tall skinny Welsh weatherperson is on isn't he? I have no idea what his talent is apart from acting extremely camp and being Welsh.
'Actress' is frowned upon as well. I find Sue Perkins dry humour quite funny.

Latest posts

Back