Strictly

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hmmmmmmm.. now someone called Fleur East (???) ex- X factor, rapper and host of some obscure radio station. Ok.

I'm believing more and more that now the producers are fast running out of bone fide celebrities to take part, perhaps going down the route of mixing up any remaining celebrities with members of the public or armed /police/fire/ forces. Celebrities are on at least 50 grand to appear and more the longer they stay in, so I'm sure us plebs would love to have a pay day like that for having the time of their life !

Fleur East is not a rapper, you will see her in ads for Butlins, mic held up screaming out a song. She did have a few hit records it seems and does local radio.

On the Strictly Digital Spy forum, people are happy with her and know who she is.

The thing is, loads of Strictly watchers have no idea who people are but wait until they see them dance and then pick their favourites. The comment being made to who is that? Google it! 😂

I think we have to remember that if the show was to be populated only with people we’d heard of; then bearing in mind a lot of us are a little older than we’d like to be, the dance floor would be full of pensioners. 👵🏻👨‍🦳
Instead of spray tan booths, there'd be cubicles for rubbing in liniment (sp)

Last edited:
God that Richie Anderson is someone on Radio Slippers and he keeps banging on and on and on about it. WHO CARES FFS. I thought Ellie Simmonds, the Para Olympic swimmer was going to be on it, or was that something else? I don't watch it anyway. I've no idea who Tyler West, Jayde Adams, Mollie Rainford or Ellie Taylor are. I think Patrick Hoy should be on it if you want someone from QVC. He'd be perfect.

CC
Richie Anderson is also on the Zoe Ball Show.

I think we have to remember that if the show was to be populated only with people we’d heard of; then bearing in mind a lot of us are a little older than we’d like to be, the dance floor would be full of pensioners. 👵🏻👨‍🦳
Instead of spray tan booths, there'd be cubicles for rubbing in liniment (sp)
And probably a few boxes of Tena Lady😳🤣

Fleur East is not a rapper, you will see her in ads for Butlins, mic held up screaming out a song. She did have a few hit records it seems and does local radio.

On the Strictly Digital Spy forum, people are happy with her and know who she is.

The thing is, loads of Strictly watchers have no idea who people are but wait until they see them dance and then pick their favourites. The comment being made to who is that? Google it! 😂
I did Google her, but it was in one of today's paper - D/Express that described her as a rapper - my knowledge of these people is mucho limitado so I only go on what I read.

Actually considering the band are live and only work with the dancers on the Friday they make a pretty good fist of it.

However the producers choice of music is often suspect but then I like a tango music to be traditional not a rap of some description
Very much agree with the choice of music. It can be dire at times, and remember when Len Goodman used to roll his eyes at the choices given to some dances. There are literally millions of tunes to choose from, yet as you say, a tango or rumba can lose its mark (and timing) when being danced to some on trend pop music. Latin American dances are best danced to Latin American music not some latest offering by Taylor Swift or Stormzy !

Don't forget that (I think) Victor S was in the original COME DANCING before someone decided to put STRICTLY at the front. And these days it isn't even "strictly" anyway, as it means "strict-tempo" dancing and some of the non-ballroom dances aren't.

He also had his own dance show on TV, but I can't remember what is was called - - anyone remember?

According to Google it was Dancing Club, but I don't remember that. My friend who passed a couple of years ago, was a dance teacher at one of his dancing studios in London . Me and my Mum always watched Come Dancing - in black and white, and loved all the formation dancing, it was always Frank and Peggy Spencers team from Penge that won the trophy. Oh the Military Two Step ! 😂 where the blokes saluted and the ladies curtsied, never see that on Strictly do we !

And whatever happened to Edmundo Ross and his maracas and frilly shirts 😂😂

Latest posts

Back