Sugar addiction

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just Beauty Direct

For all your beauty needs
Really interesting article in the Telegraph weekend today. Based in part on the Sweet Poison books. Very interesting and scary. I have struggled recently with the Two day diet and I think it is because I am eating sugary stuff on the up days. I see unrestricted and think sweet stuff.....

So.... My name is JBD and I am a sugar addict.

I need to quit

Really interesting article in the Telegraph weekend today. Based in part on the Sweet Poison books. Very interesting and scary. I have struggled recently with the Two day diet and I think it is because I am eating sugary stuff on the up days. I see unrestricted and think sweet stuff.....

So.... My name is JBD and I am a sugar addict.

I need to quit

I love sweet stuff too JBD! Choccie, biscuits, battenburg! But I must admit that since I have been going to slimming world, my craving for them has decreased quite considerably I am pleased to say. I think it is true to say that the more sweet stuff you eat the more you crave and want it.
In my experience, I would say, take it a day at a time. If you dont have anything sweet for a whole day, it is then easier the next day, because you know you can do it and you feel pleased with yourself. Then as the days go by, the "want" subsides and you find that you can take it or leave it to some extent. That is not to say that I still dont love sweet things because I do, but I feel much more in control. Also, when I do have something naughty I have found that I dont enjoy it as much as I used to either. All that said, I am basically a "sweet" girl and I know I will struggle all my life to keep it in control - if anything bad were to happen I am the sort of person that would turn to chocolate to the detriment of my weight.
I have tried hypnosis some years back and it worked a treat. Although I was slim at the time, I had "a thing" for turkish delight and had hynosis specifically for that. I didnt want to buy or eat it for years - I dont know how it worked, it just did! Maybe worth a try for you? Good Luck

Latest posts

Back