Meat TSV 3.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 105
  • Meat TSV 4.jpg
    Meat TSV 4.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 117
  • Meat TSV 5.jpg
    Meat TSV 5.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 109
Well none of it looks appetising to me !

Its like those healthy recipes in magazines and endless diet meals in the national daily papers, does anyone actually make them ? because to me again, all the various bean salads, and chicken with 'odd things' tray bakes look as appetising as my dog's dinner, and of course all the weird 101 spices/herbs that are needed - which you might buy, and then never use again in 50 years !!!!

Perhaps its just me. (although I do try making the odd fattening calorie loaded sponge cake !)

Only ever had the Christmas meat hampers and mine always arrived in plenty time and they were always nice quality. Devastating though for the people that didn't get them and it was too late to do Plan B. Won't get this as Mr CC is a bit (a lot) fussy on sausages and burgers and it would probably end up as a hamper for the (already massively spoilt) dog 🐶

CC

I thought but maybe wrong but the actual delivery of these hampers don’t actually end up being delivered

That’s very true, they don’t deliver when there’s a “Y” in the week......that’s Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday/Friday/Saturday definitely not on a Sunday.

Althams Butchers 2.6kg 30 Piece Summer BBQ British Meat Selection
Item Number: 809870
QVC Price £55.00
Todays Special Value Price £39.96
P&P £5.95

This 30-piece collection of summer BBQ favourites from Althams Butchers contains 2.5kg of premium quality meat sourced from trusted UK producers, including four mouth-watering sirloin steaks, six juicy beef burgers, two six-piece packs of classic pork sausages and plenty more. Fire up the barbie and make the most of sizzling summer days with this fantastic selection of British meats.

Love BBQ season? - Who doesn't! Sunshine, blue skies and at the heart of it… delicious food. Give your taste buds a real treat this summer by placing this succulent selection of steaks, sausages, burgers and chicken onto the barbeque, either splitting it up to cook on different days or serving it all at once for a magnificent family feast.

Quality British meats - based in the Lake District, Lancashire and Yorkshire, Althams Butchers have access to some of the best meat in Britain and are one of the oldest and largest independent family owned butchers in the country, dedicated to using traditional methods to ensure fantastic results.

Knock, knock - your meat selection will be delivered straight to your door, chilled in an insulated box, with ice packs to maintain a consistent temperature throughout transit. Place it straight into the freezer or the fridge in preparation for your next BBQ, unless using straight away.

• Not suitable for vegetarian, vegan, halal or kosher diets
  • Sausages contain gluten
  • Burgers and sausages contain sulphites
  • Will arrive chilled in an insulated box, with ice packs
  • Store at 0C - 5C
  • Suitable for home freezing for up to 6 months
  • Defrost thoroughly in refrigerator for 24 hours, ensuring product is fully defrosted before use
  • Once thawed, do not re-freeze and use within 24 hours
  • Shelf life: minimum 6 days upon delivery

Contains:

• 4 x British Grass-Fed Sirloin Steaks (150g)
  • 12 x Butchers Pork Sausages (56g)
  • 6 x Fresh Beef Burgers (85g)
  • 4 x BBQ Glazed Pork Loin Steaks (100g)
  • 4 x Piri Piri Chicken Escalopes (100g)

Cooking instructions:

• Cooking guidance attached
  • Not suitable for cooking from frozen or microwave cooking
  • Do not reheat once cooked
  • Check food is piping hot throughout before consumption

For allergens, nutritional information and ingredients please see attached document - allergens will be in bold

Delivered chilled directly from Althams Butchers: please allow 10 - 14 working days for delivery to UK mainland only

I keep thinking of Andi Peters' faux pas on the vegan burgers a few weeks back :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: He might have well said "God, these are s***t" :D:D

CC

Tiny scraps of this tiny scraps of that!!! bits n bobs scraped together for the willing QVC customer

Although I‘m sure that it’s a very tasty selection, it seems rather expensive to me and I, for one, wouldn’t risk a meat order being sent in this hot weather. If the plant fiasco is anything to go by, the couriers would lose it en route.

I’ll stick to my local place for meat purchases.

Just pondering, if QVC are pushing things that sell atm, does this mean that food sells well for them? I get it for beauty, not so much for their fashion but food, I just dont get it.....

Hmmm, their wine was all sold out when I looked last so I'm guessing food might be in demand as well. Not that I was going to buy hugely price wine you understand.

CC

Sadly I think that QVC know that some will fall for the sales patter..look at the plants yes they sound nice when described by our lovely guest presenters but we have all seen what you actually get and sadly none of them look better than what you would buy is a shop and don't get me going on the cost

Latest posts

Back