Surprise

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes, I was surprised to find I was watching a repeat, too. Seems funny to repeat a show on the main channel, as they are repeated often enough on the style channel.

Apparently the repeats were due to a shortage of staff.

Attachments

• 219F90FF-45D3-4399-B071-E6D3A1F9766C.jpeg
    219F90FF-45D3-4399-B071-E6D3A1F9766C.jpeg
    26.9 KB · Views: 111
no yesterday they had a last min change of scheduled due to everything going on so they cancelled all the style ones & repeated the 4pm show at 7pm & then the 10pm was changed last min to a repeat of the ruth show from last week

After 18 months, Boris's government has finally decided that it was never mandatory to isolate when pinged, just advisory. WHAT A SHAMBLES!
Apart from the vaccine procurement and rollout, everything has been shambolic, sadly.
I personally think Nicola Sturgeon has played a blinder throughout and Boris has done everything to make her and Mark Drakeford in Wales look the best possible. I don't understand enough about the N.I. situation to say much about how that is being managed.
Announcing ill-thought-out, or under-prepared schemes and initiatives seems to be a speciality...

They need to sort out “pingdemic” quickly as people are now apparently starting to stockpile food and goods again because so many workers are self-isolating, thanks to the app.

I didn’t download it and have no intention of doing so as it seems to be more trouble than it’s worth.

They need to sort out “pingdemic” quickly as people are now apparently starting to stockpile food and goods again because so many workers are self-isolating, thanks to the app.

I didn’t download it and have no intention of doing so as it seems to be more trouble than it’s worth.
Bog Roll Bandits strike again was on one paper.🤣🤣

After 18 months, Boris's government has finally decided that it was never mandatory to isolate when pinged, just advisory. WHAT A SHAMBLES!
British Gas was supposed to come and service our boiler today but at 4.50 we were rung to say he wouldn't be coming as he had been pinged so a day wasted. At least we get a designated afternoon rather than 8 am to 6,pm.

The media have been appalling & have revelled in these shortage & stockpiling scare stories. Blimey sibilance overload!

Interestingly, as I do the Zoe covid app, they have added in questions about the NHS covid app today. That's new since yesterday.
How is it that there isn't the same issue in Scotland, Wales or N. Ireland?

Bog Roll Bandits strike again was on one paper.🤣🤣

British Gas was supposed to come and service our boiler today but at 4.50 we were rung to say he wouldn't be coming as he had been pinged so a day wasted. At least we get a designated afternoon rather than 8 am to 6,pm.

I pay Homecare, but I had to wait a MONTH in February for them to repair my boiler. So if you've been given another date - you're lucky.

As for Ruthless - I thought perhaps she was away on a river cruise with hubby entertaining the plebs.

I pay Homecare, but I had to wait a MONTH in February for them to repair my boiler. So if you've been given another date - you're lucky.

As for Ruthless - I thought perhaps she was away on a river cruise with hubby entertaining the plebs.
I have asthma and as we are both over 70 we get priority with British Gas for breakdowns so that is a plus for us. Re Home care our neighbour had them and she called them out because she had a blockage. The chap who came just rammed the blockage and all the c**p contaminated our garage. Home care weren't interested when we complained.

I'm 73 and have paid Homecare for around 40 years. Classified highly vulnerable in lockdown, but it didn't carry any weight during the coldest spell of the year - AND I was without hot water and heating, but no-one answered any phone calls to them, and there was no email address to write to on the website, which was the only way to book an engineer.

Once my cover has expired in September, I shall save the money and call out a local engineer when necessary.

I’m also with Homecare and have obviously been very lucky. When my boiler needed repairing a few years ago, they came out the next morning and, because the part needed to be ordered, the guy brought a fan heater round for me in the afternoon. It was in the middle of winter and central heating is my only source of heat. Two days later they came back, with the new part, and fixed the boiler. I handed him the fan heater and he told me to keep it, which was a bonus because it was brand new.

They did cancel last year’s service because we were in lockdown and they were only attending emergency call outs but they rang to check whether everything was working properly before they confirmed the cancellation. Thankfully it was. They rang me this week and booked my service for this year.

Our oil tank sprung a leak with a full fill of oil in it. We have never shopped around for heating oil sticking with the only company who would provide first time home buyers with heating oil during the 1970’s oil crisis (I’m a firm believer in loyalty where it’s due). over the phone they talked us through emergency stopgap repairs (soap and duck tape) then arrived and emptied the tank just leaving enough to see us through and are arranging new tank and installation as soon as our local builder holidays are over next week.

sometimes local is better.

Latest posts

Back