T-shirt, top, topper!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
I find these descriptions on QVC quite amusing. A t-shirt or a vest is quite possibly the most basic item you'll find in anybody's wardrobe (or drawer) and Q sell them by the dozen, but rarely do they describe these humble garments as such. Everybody knows they cost pennies to buy on the dreaded HS but similarly we all know that QVC don't do low prices so make feeble attempts to convince us we're buying something a bit more special even when it's patently obvious that we're not. If they have no alternative than to call it a T-shirt, they'll say that it's longer in the body than anything you can buy elsewhere (doubtful), or it contains some kind of "fairy dust". I saw that Ruth put a small working zip in the back of one of hers thus turning it into a "top" as opposed to a t shirt and of course bunged an extra £20 on top, I'll give her her dues this time, at least she made an effort, unlike Kim n' Marla's "Camisoles/sleeveless tops" which are vests - end of! As for a "topper" WTF (sorry) is one of those?! I suppose piece of rag, or pillowcase with holes cut in it doesn't sound quite so appealing.
Personally I look at it like this, if it belongs folded up in a drawer then it's a T shirt!
Brissles, if you're reading this all I can say is I hope you didn't see Ruth on the style channel yesterday. I was watching and immediately thought of you. Ruth's over pronunciation was in overdrive - The way she was saying the word "top" was akin to the way Blackadder says "BOB" but worse than that when Jackie pointed out that Ruth had grabbed the wrong garment, she said very slowly and carefully something along the lines of "The streepy (stripy) top with the animal spot" then Ruth kept on repeating it, my toes were well and truly curling at this point! Yes, I know I've gotta stop putting myself through this, but oh was watching the sport on the main telly! No excuse I know, other channels are available!!!

Just to fuel your nightmares Brissles, can you imagine Ruth saying "Does this shop stock socks with spots?!" Doesn't bear thinking about does it?!!!

Thanks for giving me a giggle M ! and you have gone above and beyond for your country in viewing the Style Channel with Ruthless. Thank you and I hope you had something strong to drink at your side. If she over enunciates at home like she does on qvc it must drive her family bonkers.

As for her back zip on T shirts, why ? I defy anyone with long hair to not get their hair tangled up in the thing, that's aside from the itchiness like a badly sewn label.

Well if you think vests have been inappropriately described what about Georgette button through tops renamed "Jackets" or even a coat. Not just MW but most of the other brands. I am waiting for bras to be called jumpers next if they have some padding

I have to admire QVC

They have somehow made selling very ordinary fashion available anywhere for a reasonable price a premium item on air
Indeed they have but I think a lot of their success is down to selling stretchy and comfortable clothes to those who are stuck indoors watching telly all day, can't, or don't want to visit the high street and don't have online access - There's no accounting for the other sales, but as we know "QVC addicts" are a thing!

Indeed they have but I think a lot of their success is down to selling stretchy and comfortable clothes to those who are stuck indoors watching telly all day, can't, or don't want to visit the high street and don't have online access - There's no accounting for the other sales, but as we know "QVC addicts" are a thing!
And those people are getting less and less so they really need to improve if they want to still be in business in 10-20 years from now IMO.
Postage charges per item and their antiquated systems are both absolutely ridiculous when you consider it's never been more of a buyers market than it is now.
Some of the younger ones in my office definitely wouldn't pay Q's excessive postage charges in a million years and they want a simple (and free) returns procedure so Q should really start thinking long term because the 'Q addicts' will eventually shuffle off this mortal coil so they won't have the advantage of their guaranteed business going forward.

I've just had a black Kipling sent instead of lilac (when I saw it in the flesh, decided I didnt want it anyway), BUT there's a paragraph on the Returns label that we can return via Evri, and we just need to locate the shop. Well, yes I have returned goods via the Evri shop for FREE from other companies. QVC maintain you still have to pay postage charges.

(I'm getting a pre-paid label sent - after waiting 12 minutes for Customer Care to answer, almost as bad as getting our Surgery to answer)

Are QVC customer care still in Knowsley do you get that famous accent? Or can you barely hear a word they say so you have to ring back multiple times? Perhaps they take your details and do nothing.Yes I had a frustrating experience with a beloved store recently and had a ‘world tour’ in the process.

Latest posts

Back