Tablet?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bingowings

Registered Shopper
There was a tablet on bid this morning for £99 delivered with a 9 inch screen but I haven't heard of the brand. Does anybody know if it is a good deal? It seemed really impressive! I think it is called I media?

Before I saw the brand on Bid the only place I have ever seen it was in the local cash converters & Ebay, I did days & days of research on looking up all the different tablets before I made the decision on the one I wanted (Toshiba) & the Imedia brand never came up once. Maybe they are a new brand. One thing I have noticed is many companies are buying cheap China/Japan made tablets & rebranding them to sell in the UK or EU, im not saying thats the case with the Imedia one but its definitely worth looking into before you buy any brand that pops up.

I see the specs are:

Brand : iMedia
Model : DGIMTB902
Operating System : Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
Display : 22.5 (9'''')
Camera : front and rear
Internal Storage Capacity : 4Gb
RAM : 512Mb DDR 3
Micro SD Expandable : Up to 32Gb
Connectivity : HDMI, USB, Headphones
CPU : 1.0GHz Dual Core
Wi-Fi Enabled : Yes
Feature : Screencast 2.0

Personally I wouldn't buy the tablet because of the CPU (Would want to know which CPU) & Ram (Not enough for my liking).

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the info.its really kind of you to take the time and trouble Could I be cheeky and ask if you could suggest one for that same price range ? Also do you think the smart tv that bid sell is any good? I have been tempted by it a few times.

The "iMedia" brand I believe is just AEI/Digisender, which is a small British electronics company.
Certainly not a big brand at all, but if you have one of those boxes that split a Sky box amongst multiple TVs, that's likely made by Digisender.

All the Bid/Price Drop tablets are pretty garbage, in my opinion.

Tesco are being far more competitive with their "Hudl" tablet. I believe it's £120, and you get a much better piece of kit for the money (the screen resolutions on the Yarviks and the iMedia are terrible, and they have 512MB of RAM, which isn't really acceptable for Android at this point).

Also do you think the smart tv that bid sell is any good? I have been tempted by it a few times.

It doesn't look too bad. Although I've always been sceptical of it, because they never actually demo it, they just have it sit still on the home screen. They'll talk about the features, but they don't actually show them.

NowTV (which is a Sky company) have a smart TV box for £10, but it only works with NowTV, BBC iPlayer, Spotify and a few other things.
Roku sell a smart TV box for £50 that does iPlayer, ITV Player, 4 on Demand, Netflix, Spotify and a load of others, so that might be worth a look for you too.

I do agree about the Hudl tablet as it seems very good quality, I also like the micro HDMI feature that lets you connect it to your TV so it displays anything you have on your tablet also on your TV. To be honest the micro HDMI feature is the favourite part of my tablet as I use it instead of my Smart TV box most the time..... such as browsing the net or watching movies (iplayer,4od etc). I do have a smart TV box which was one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-NSZ-...ternet_TV_Media_Streamers&hash=item2a33272d27 and its great but I just prefer to use my Tablet connected to the TV. So IMO the hudl having the micro HDMI port is very good.
I heard a rumour they plan to drop the price come December to about the £90 mark.

Other Tablets that I personally think are good for the similar price bracket are the Kindle Fire HD, Acer Iconia A1, Nexus 7.

Remember that if you buy one it should have alot of memory/storage(gb) or have the function to upgrade your memory/storage with an SD card slot.

My sister actually chose a Hudl over the Kindle Fire HD & she loves it, her kids like it too as its cpu is easily good enough to run decent games & apps from the play store. Only negative is the camera isn't amazing but its decent. I think she payed about £99 for it with her clubcard.

If you want to post a size (7"9"10" etc) & storage (2/4/8/16/32gb) & other features you'd like from a tablet such as the micro hdmi to connect to the TV then we will find you the perfect one, don't rush into buying one though as come Dec 1st the prices are normally set for Christmas & you can get great deals.

*Please ignore the links to any sites in my post (other than the Ebay one) as the forum does it automatically*

Last edited:
We got a 9" tablet last Christmas from IW, cheap(ish) and cheerful and it was fine but once we used it more it's limitations were plain to see (lack of compatibility with quite a lot of apps was the main issue). We then got a smaller 2012 Nexus 7 which is in a different league altogether, well worth the money but of course it's only 7" and then we caved in and got a full size iPad.

The cheaper models are a good starting point though, I suppose it all depends what you want it for. I think what the lower end tablets are comfortably capable of is somewhat over egged though, on all the shopping channels. Just because they have an icon for an app on the screen of a tablet being sold doesn't mean it will work properly, in my experience.

That was funny tablet man was showing the speaking function and it seemed to not be doing anything so he kept saying come on come on come on, eventually it came up as come on come on come on who is gay? instead of who is google?, Sally nearly wet herself as they quickly zoomed out of the tv shot

MrM, I'm going to break the habit of a lifetime and pick up a Tesco Club Card so I can buy the Hudl at the reduced price for my Mum's Xmas present. I haven't bought a tablet before - do you happen to know if it comes with a mains lead, or if you can buy one as an extra? Just asking because my silver surfin' Mum would probably drain the battery !

Wouldnt touch a tablet from the Imedia brand with someone elses bargepole to be honest. Technology really does feel more comfortable to me with a name behind it, I would be happy to go for Hudl or something like the Nexus.

MrM, I'm going to break the habit of a lifetime and pick up a Tesco Club Card so I can buy the Hudl at the reduced price for my Mum's Xmas present. I haven't bought a tablet before - do you happen to know if it comes with a mains lead, or if you can buy one as an extra? Just asking because my silver surfin' Mum would probably drain the battery !
It comes with a power lead included. It is one of those where you can disconnect it from the plug and use it as a normal USB cable.

Latest posts

Back