Tahitian Pearls TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What a ridiculously priced TSV. No easy pay either!!!

They didn't have to do a whole strand of pearls, they could have done something with less pearls and more affordable.

Who on earth is going to buy that?! Even if I had that sort of money to spend on jewellery, I'd want to buy it from somewhere I could have a really good look at it.

Not from QVC, where I will probably never even receive it, when the postman will doubtless chuck it in my recycling bin, like he does most of my QVC parcels!

Would be very curious to hear how many of these they sell.

About a year ago I was tempted to try some Stud Earrings but they were very disappointing when they arrived - the sizing was vastly different and the colour between the two was so noticeable that they looked like an odd pair!! Went straight back.

I just can't believe that the "powers-that-be" can hope to sell such an expensive item as a TSV in the current economic situation......they've obviously got their heads in the sand - perhaps hoping to eventually reach the source of their product!! :33:

Recently there was a Tahitian pearl TSV on QVC US that was one ringed pearl pendant with diamond accent on a triple strand sterling silver chain. It was very reasonably priced & I was looking foward to buying it tonight. Imagine my shock seeing this!:11: I might spend that much on a car, but a necklace?! Besides, surely if you liked this kind of thing you'd have bought the last Honora TSV which was similar in style & so much less money.

I was not impressed with the example on the bust in front of Charlie - it did not hang "straight", looked kinked, maybe it was too tightly strung? The one on Beulah looked better.

Still too expensive for me, a non-considered purchase!:33:

Linda

the example on the bust in front of Charlie - it did not hang "straight", looked kinked, maybe it was too tightly strung?
Yes, and Charlie must have had a message in his ear cos he was trying to straighten it without us noticing (some hopes!). I noticed the same over-tight stringing on some of the Honora necklaces when they had a TSV not long ago. Maybe it's forgivable on a 'cheap' pearl necklace, but over a grand's worth?!

I was amazed no easypay, too.

clemenzina :53: :mad:

I would love to be able to buy that string of pearls, it's an excellent price for Tahitian pearls.

But if I spend that much on jewellery I want people to notice it - and who would know that it wasn't just cheap cultured pearls or even just costume jewellery?

Think I'll just wear my single Gems tahitian pearl today and be happy with that!

I think I'll buy 5 as Christmas presents for the kids teachers ........... har har har !

i'm confused....if Ralph claims that his pearls are 'top quality' then how can these be topper quality?

Ralph says his pearls are top are the top 3% of the Chinese cultured fresh water pearl harvest & these are Tahitian cultured sea pearls so a different thing altogether. That's the technical answer anyway. I've never got to examine the two types together so I can't really comment on which are better although South Sea pearls are obviously more prestigious. They're also naturally that colour whereas a lot of Honora pearls are dyed or "colour enhanced".

I was mocking this TSV last night with my boyfriend & we likened the whole thing to buying champagne. We both love champagne, but for years now have bought dry white sparkling wine from Australia instead. It's not as classy, but the price you have to pay for something drinkable from the champagne region is terrifying. Expensive experience tells me £20 -£30 won't buy you what I'd consider good champagne, but £10 will get you a lovely bottle of the Australian stuff. Basically I'm not going to spend a fortune on the prestige item when I can buy something just as lovely for a fraction of the price.

Anyway... back on topic, another thing Ralph says is that pearl stringing loosens over time. The idea is that when you see a string of pearls on TV that looks too tightly strung & kinked it will sort itself out with wear. That sounds like salesman blather, but in my experience with Honora necklaces it has been true. :)

I was not impressed with the example on the bust in front of Charlie - it did not hang "straight", looked kinked, maybe it was too tightly strung? The one on Beulah looked better.

Still too expensive for me, a non-considered purchase!:33:

Linda

I remember one guest some time ago saying that good quality pearls should always start off tightly strung, as over time they will stretch slightly and this is done to ensure that they will stay looking good for a long time, not sure whether that was a load of bull**** though !

The TSV is lovely, no doubt about that, but way over the budget of most viewers I would have thought.
Can't imagine they will sell many.

That is a crazy TSV! if i had that amount of money (which i don't ) i would be sunning myself on a white sandy beach somewhere right about now!! I can't believe they havn't done easypay on something with that high a price tag either!!

Maybe QVC think of this tsv as a Bentley or RR, i.e. if you have to ask the price, you cant afford it, so why bother with easypays? :53:
This is the second time they've been caught out by the economic climate recently. Not long ago they had an incredibly expensive tanzanite tsv and now this one. I'm sure the tsv's are planned up to a year in advance, so it's just their bad luck really. Still, there must be some people about who can afford these things - I always wonder who buys the incredibly expensive clothes featured in the Sunday magazines, not to mention most of the cars tested on Top Gear!

Latest posts

Back