Tan Luxe 8/4/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Going by many of the comments on here, I don’t think I’ll go for the TSV but does anyone have a view on the Tan-Luxe Gradual Tan which Q are doing a Supersize offer on at the moment (1 litre bottle for £33.93 inc P&P)? Actually, now I’ve seen the inclusive price written down and starting with a 3, I’m thinking it’s too much for tight-fisted me. Interested to know what people think if they’ve used it all the same.
I like it! I am so unlucky when it comes to gradual tan and have tried numerous ones from the DHS, plus Elemis I think and Decleor. Nada! I reckon it’s the chemo what done it, ruined my tanning capabilities, lol. But I did get quite a good result with this and in fact repeat purchased. I haven’t used last year’s TSV yet, having had to much to cope with to deal with self tan, so I won’t be buying this year but would normally. I hope last year’s TSV hasn’t gone off!

I wouldn’t buy this TSV. The drops did nothing for me. The only other makes I have really had much success with are an oil from Superdrug called, IIRC, St Moritz, and Palmers the cocoa butter people, but I have to use their coconut version of the gradual tan. The smell is a bit off putting and it can be hard to find. They don’t stock it in either of my local Boots so I would have to go to the large one in Kingston.

It was the first time I’d tried it. It took days to wear off, despite my using fresh lemon juice, cleanser etc etc. My skin was certainly exfoliated by the time I got rid of it. A gentle way to tan ...... pffftttt. The orange horror developed overnight.

NEVER again!!!!
Did you try a Brillo pad ?

I like it! I am so unlucky when it comes to gradual tan and have tried numerous ones from the DHS, plus Elemis I think and Decleor. Nada! I reckon it’s the chemo what done it, ruined my tanning capabilities, lol. But I did get quite a good result with this and in fact repeat purchased. I haven’t used last year’s TSV yet, having had to much to cope with to deal with self tan, so I won’t be buying this year but would normally. I hope last year’s TSV hasn’t gone off!

I wouldn’t buy this TSV. The drops did nothing for me. The only other makes I have really had much success with are an oil from Superdrug called, IIRC, St Moritz, and Palmers the cocoa butter people, but I have to use their coconut version of the gradual tan. The smell is a bit off putting and it can be hard to find. They don’t stock it in either of my local Boots so I would have to go to the large one in Kingston.
Thank you, M. That’s really helpful. I have had a few bottles of the Decleor one, which I like, although last year it didn’t seem to work so well for me so I tried the Johnson & Johnson one - it was pretty cheap and didn’t do a bad job.

I actually used up a regular fake tan mixed with body lotion to weaken it at the end of the summer. First time, it was great, but I either got sloppy with the mixing or it was buiding up unevenly on my skin because it went really patchy, especially on my arms where the inner elbow had awful tidemarks.

I can’t seem to get on with drops but I have used the regular tanning mousse by St Moriz - cheap as chips from Savers. Not too bad as it goes but I am more into gradual tan now.

I knew someone who always had a lovely tan and when I commented she said it was the Johnson &Johnson gradual one, she swore by it. So of course I was straight down the chemist and bought one, and it did absolutely nothing for me. I just used it as a normal body lotion.

I remember donkeys years ago at secondary school, a friend of mine bought a tube of ‘faux tan’ which was a really revolutionary idea in 1971.

next day she come into school and it wasn’t a bad attempt, she’d managed to tone it down with make up. BUT the palms of her hands looked like they’d been creosoted ! She hadn’t read the bit about washing them after applying 😱

I remember donkeys years ago at secondary school, a friend of mine bought a tube of ‘faux tan’ which was a really revolutionary idea in 1971.

next day she come into school and it wasn’t a bad attempt, she’d managed to tone it down with make up. BUT the palms of her hands looked like they’d been creosoted ! She hadn’t read the bit about washing them after applying 😱
Have you seen Lola Rose Anna her palms are just the same

I think that getting a good result from faux tan needs the same approach as decorating - do your preparation. Most of the people I know who use these products just slap it on & hope for the best.

I saw some of the models demo'ing this today - beyond belief! Who really would want to look like that? I'm all for using fake tan to make yourself look good but everyone is very, very dark and orangey and it is obviously fake.

CC

I shall definitely avoid this. I have to be careful with hair dye as well as even "light brown" goes nearly black on me and I don't have grey hair. My hair and skin must be very porous 🍊🍊🍊

CC
I’m exactly the same- a std brown dye turns my gear nearly black
My hair dresser friend has me buying 8.0 light blonde dye - and I’m a good deep brown ( or I was before the demon grey ...) this gives me a good rich brown Colour

Tan-Luxe 3 Piece Collection TSV 08/04/21

Single
Item Number: 243955

Auto-Delivery
Item Number: TBC

30ml The Face RRP £35 + post
50ml The Body RRP £42 + post
50ml Pepta-Glow Peptide 360 Gradual Self Tan (Brand New so no RRP yet)

Total RRP £77 + post (will update when i know the RRP of this item)
Tan Luxe Pepta-Glow 360 Peptide Creme Gradual Self Tan 50ml is RRP £35 + post so total RRP £112 + post

ml for ml

NEW Pepta-Glow 360 Peptide Creme Gradual Self Tan (50ml) - £35 cost £10.60Body Illuminating Serum Self Tan Body Drops (50ml) - £42 cost £12.73Face: Anti-Age Illuminating Serum Self Tan Facial Drops (30ml) -£35 cost £10.60

Total £112 cost £33.93 incl p&p used in calculations.
Thanks SCW for RRP prices.

Latest posts

Back