Tangerine time again

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Saw her on a gardening show briefly the other day and was distracted by her hand and lower arm - not only horribly dark but skin looked so blotchy and just not in good health..
Wouldn’t comment if that was something she couldn’t control but she clearly chooses to tan to that extent and it’s not nice to see!
I'm not sure if it's a recent holiday or fake tan, but I hope she's ok. She had breast cancer ten years or so ago.

No they still do it but formulation changed slightly so it can be used on face

It will be available in April in 1 litre size on Q as pick or supersize of month
How do you find out these things in advance? Not that Ill be ordering it...

I'm not sure if it's a recent holiday or fake tan, but I hope she's ok. She had breast cancer ten years or so ago.
Ali k's just returned from two weeks in Mexico; she's 60 next month & it was her big birthday holiday. Someone I worked with follows her on social media, they were both diagnosed in January 2011 & she found her blog comforting when they were going through the same treatment. The lady I knew lost her hair, eyebrows & nails & when they all grew back she decided to embellish them, especially her hair. People have told her that she's harming it & her attitude is life's short & defo for living, maybe Ali K's of the same opinion.

No they still do it but formulation changed slightly so it can be used on face

It will be available in April in 1 litre size on Q as pick or supersize of month
Me Keenan was on with Squeaky Vondaa last night looking positively radioactive!

Not so long ago there was much reporting about young women being 'addicted' to tanning salons, and I think this is the case with Ali K, she is addicted to being permanently tanned. Nothing wrong with spray tanning, like most of the models do, as it can be washed off and no harm done, but Ali just wants to fry under the sun's rays.

Not so long ago there was much reporting about young women being 'addicted' to tanning salons, and I think this is the case with Ali K, she is addicted to being permanently tanned. Nothing wrong with spray tanning, like most of the models do, as it can be washed off and no harm done, but Ali just wants to fry under the sun's rays.

As long ago as 15/20 years ago, the term “Tanorexia” was coined to describe this addiction... It can relate to tanning via any means (sun or beds or faux tanning etc).

And it’s not just a concept invented for/by women’s mags etc, but studied and researched within psychology. Been postulated as either a form of body dysmorphia or possibly a form of addiction...

Has Ali always gone so dark?
Assume she likes the look and it makes her feel confident and think it looks attractive?!

As long ago as 15/20 years ago, the term “Tanorexia” was coined to describe this addiction... It can relate to tanning via any means (sun or beds or faux tanning etc).

And it’s not just a concept invented for/by women’s mags etc, but studied and researched within psychology. Been postulated as either a form of body dysmorphia or possibly a form of addiction...

Has Ali always gone so dark?
Assume she likes the look and it makes her feel confident and think it looks attractive?!
I've never been addicted to anything nor do I have body dysmorphia, however, I love the sun & always look better with a tan. I haven't used a sunbed because I'm claustrophobic but I spend as much time in the sunshine as I can, this has given me a pterygium on my left eye & a fair amount of speckled discolouration which I love because I've always wanted freckles. My lovely mum told me that when I was an old lady I'd look like a pickled walnut, I can remember telling her that I intended to die with brown legs & I still do! Many years ago, before she hosted This Morning & the Q years, Ali K worked on a local radio station & I did a secondment in the office next door - it was only when I saw her on TM I realised that the person I listened to was her. She was, still is, petite & had a honeyed complexion. I've just had a look at her recent tat peddling on laptop & tv & I didn't think she was particularly dark but she needs a better lippy; her throat does look aged for a woman not yet 60 & that could have several reasons, including her many recent surgeries. Pirjo, one of the Q models, has the same issue.

I don’t understand how someone who is able to get all Q‘s FT for free, and who is more than able to pay for a proper saloon job has to resort to frying like a roast chicken umpteen times a year, but then I look at Donald and realise that people just don’t see what others see whether because they don’t care or are dumb .

Loving the Sun is like playing Russian Roulette. Some people spend a lfetime grabbing every opportunity to cook themselves and still escape the perils of skin cancer, whereas others may only lie in the Sun now and again or visit a hot climate now and again and end up with the dreaded big C. There are regular articles talking of people who applied sun protection but still ended up with skin cancer and other articles where people didn`t think or realise how dangerous the Sun could be so rarely ever protected themselves.
My hubby had an Aunt who lived well into her 90`s and spent her whole life tanning either on month long holidays abroad or on sun beds when at home and all she ever applied was olive oil and vinegar. Years ago, back in the 60`s she won the football pools and her and her husband both gave up work and travelled, they never had children so could disappear for months not weeks. According to my husband she was as fit as a fiddle but he said she had skin like a rhino because of her love of sun bathing and died of dementia.
Yet just a few weeks ago I read an article of a young Mum who applied sun protection daily but was dying from skin cancer and in today`s paper Peter Purves the ex Blue Peter presenter is talking of his long battle with skin cancer he thinks was caused by all his trips abroad with BP years ago and he was told that it isn`t unusual for the skin cancer to show itself many years after the damage was done.

I agree V, I remember when I started work back in the 60's, us girlies in the typing pool (remember those ?) would make our way on to the large flat roof of our office building in the lunch hour, armed with Hawaiin Tropic (little else available) and huge sheets of tin foil - shock horror ! there we were, laid out in a line with our foil under our chins trying to get as brown as possible. This was on the south coast, so the sun's rays were even stronger. Now, at 72, and regular facials my skin is ok, but I still like to get a dose of VitD in the summer, although now I cant lay out in the sun for too long, I get bored and too hot !!!

Vienna agree it is down to chance but there is such a thing as lenghtening or shortening the odds.
I fully agree and I`m one of those people who stays out of the Sun as much as possible. When we go abroad Mr V lies on a sunbed cooking himself and I can be found on the back row of sunbeds in the shade and we look as if we`ve had a domestic because of the distance between us.

Jill Franks is not quite orange enough......................she needs to "love" her fake tan a bit more and do her hands and wrists! She has been on air this evening with tanned arms and it stops at her wrists, her wrists and hands are white and it looks ridiculous!!!!

For me personally she is one of the presenters I can’t stand listening too. I also recalled perhaps a couple of years back, some people saying they could not understand the Scottish accent/lingo. Well I am here to tell anyone who is interested, I speak very nicely, and I am Scottish, fancy that now!

Alison Keenan on the other hand is one of those presenters who speaks too fast without taking a breath, so much so that I find her extremely difficult to follow. Do some of these presenters get too carried away with their own importance do you think, or were they born that way.

i much prefer the men!:mad::rolleyes:

Being Italian I think he is naturally darker skinned which if he is outdoor at all probably gets tanned easily.
I've got an olive skin tone & have tan lines all year round. With the exception of yesterday we've had glorious weather since the lockdown started, I love being in the garden & I look really dark considering it's only mid April. We've just had a WhatsApp video with our daughter in Somerset & her first comment was asking if I had done a faux tan.

Last edited:
Talking about the men ..... Simon Biagi looked as though he’d overdone it on the faux tan this morning, unless the colour control on my tv needs adjusting. 😳
Richard Jackson had been tangoed this weekend, he can't have gone on holiday and it hasn't been THAT warm even if he has been outside a lot. Not a good look Richie Boy!

CC

Latest posts

Back