Tanzanite AAAA Ring Has Lost Its Vibrancy

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It did state on the Anchorcert ring passport about being heat treated which I believe most Tanzanite stones are but Cobalt coating which is placed around the girdle of the stone to enhance the colour of lesser quality stones is not acceptable. I am not saying that mine had this cobalt treatment but apparently it wears off after a few months, the same time frame as when mine started losing its vibrancy so it does make me wonder.
View attachment 21027
Sorry to hear that you had a problem as well.
Can you remember how long it was when you noticed that it had started to lose its sparkle?

Katherine Ryan, likes to shock I feel.

I've read a few interviews she's done and like her from them. She's also sharp as a tack on Have I Got News For You but I don't think she's the right fit for the show as her comedy is a tad adult. She seems a bit wooden in this.

Joe Lycett, though, is great on Sewing Bee despite being quite rude at times. I think his experience with his own consumer show and sitting in for (the awful) Sara Cox has helped.

I recorded it and watched it last night. Katherine Ryan grated on me during the first episode, but I found her less irritating yesterday. I really liked the brooch that was chosen at the end.

You’ll be surprised how many gem stones are soft stones or are easy to damage.
my engament ring is diamonds but in a rubbed over setting as I wanted to wear it daily and didn’t want the setting to be too high - with claw settings the claws get damaged with daily wear and it costs loads to replace them.
Emerald is another stone easy to damage, along with Tanzanite as the daily knocks can cause the stones to fracture and your stone falls out. For this reason I always choose a rubbed over or channel setting so there is more protection for the stone and I don’t wear them daily.
Diamonique definitely has its advantages - price is good, easy to wear, cheap to replace .
The key, when buying diamonique is to buy a setting which is realistic for your budget if it was real. If you don’t live in a mansion, but wear a huge ring it is obviously fake.

I agree if you are buying to pass it off it should be on the smaller size but in some cases it’s like other costume jewellery which is big and bold and not trying to be anything else other than a large fashion statement.

Really good jewellery I like to have a plain but classy setting. Costume jewellery I go big and bold!

I don't have the fingers for the Liz Tayor's as I call them. Even Gems sell this massive stones with very low gold weight.

Though Charlie was always pushing the massive Diamonique's for that cruise he thought all QVC customers went on.

My Diamonique are all 14ct white gold small channel or swiss set and still going strong years later.

I watched both the jewellery show and Sewing Bee yesterday. I think in tone there is no comparison. Katherine Ryan is too cutting, whereas Joe has a real warmth to him. I too loved the winning brooch. All I listen to is the brief and the comments in the results now. I did try a bit more of Katherine but have decided against doing that again.

I am surprised at the general susceptibility of gem stones. I just thought it was ones like Opal and Pearl that might be at risk. Mind you I seldom wear my rings now and generally took them off when washing my hands, so not exactly an expert in all this.

Last edited:
I think that Joe would put the people at ease and help settle their nerves but they are probably on tender hooks incase KR makes a cutting remark about them, I can’t see her calming any nerves!

Love Patrick ❤️ and Esme knows her stuff. The woman judge on ATG strikes me as she doesn’t take any prisoners.

I agree if you are buying to pass it off it should be on the smaller size but in some cases it’s like other costume jewellery which is big and bold and not trying to be anything else other than a large fashion statement.

Really good jewellery I like to have a plain but classy setting. Costume jewellery I go big and bold!
That's the perfect balance.

I think that Joe would put the people at ease and help settle their nerves but they are probably on tender hooks incase KR makes a cutting remark about them, I can’t see her calming any nerves!

Love Patrick ❤️ and Esme knows her stuff. The woman judge on ATG strikes me as she doesn’t take any prisoners.
Does anyone else think the ATG female judge has a touch of the Kelly Hoppen about her??? Maybe it is just her voice. Of the three of them it is only the male judge who seems even slightly enthusiastic to be there!

I will say if you live in London and could afford jewellery sold in the West End area you might know their designs?

I am limited to knowing Chanel, Dior, Cartier, Rolex type of stuff in Lunn's window.

I had no idea that tanzanite stones were soft or that they could lose their shine. I have admired them often on QVC but had not got round to actually buying one. For the price that you have to pay for a good quality stone, I would be livid if it became dull through what I would class as 'normal' wear. I dont watch too many jewellery show but I have never heard anyone on tv mention that you need to be careful as they can be damaged. Thank you for highlighting this.

I had no idea that tanzanite stones were soft or that they could lose their shine. I have admired them often on QVC but had not got round to actually buying one. For the price that you have to pay for a good quality stone, I would be livid if it became dull through what I would class as 'normal' wear. I dont watch too many jewellery show but I have never heard anyone on tv mention that you need to be careful as they can be damaged. Thank you for highlighting this.
Of course they wouldn't lol.

They always stress the positives of every item, it's only when you get them home that you discover the bad points. It's happened to me often.

For years the presenters would say where the gemstone they were selling was on the Mohs scale. They would also talk about the different parts of the cut stone, even have a series of diagrams to show these, now they just talk twaddle.

Does anyone else think the ATG female judge has a touch of the Kelly Hoppen about her??? Maybe it is just her voice. Of the three of them it is only the male judge who seems even slightly enthusiastic to be there!

Her designs are often in Vogue and super-expensive. I've never seen anything of hers that I've liked but Sean Leane's Hook and Sabre designs would have been at the top of my wishlist when I was younger.

Latest posts

Back