Tanzanite

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

How lovely that her Father made it for her. I have not seen it myself, I will have to be more nosey when she is presenting. A dodgy stone for everyday though if it is so soft, she is probably really careful with it.

Why do the long-haired presenters on Gems (Adina and Kate) think that constantly playing with their hair and twirling it around their fingers is attractive? Pretty bad form for a tv presenter

Back in the far distant day - when QVC was the no.1 retail jeweller in the Uk (!) I went berserk. Pink sapphires, fire opal, pearls, Russian diopside, smoky quartz, aquamarine, I think I have a ring with every stone, in 9 and 18 ct gold. So yes I have a tanzanite, and the white gold ring is actually not scooped out in the band, its solid - unusual for qvc. Like has been mentioned the tanzanite was perfectly clear but is now badly clouded, so its an everyday wear rather than a special occasion. I bought a fab eek ring with a good size oval 'tanzanite' with sparkly eek surround and on the shank, and its THIS one that's brought out for special occasions as its a good realistic size.

As for the Gems tv of 20 years ago, I didn't buy a ring, but I did buy a gorgeous pair of 9ct gold dangly earrings set with amethysts pearls and a diamond - for £99. They were for pierced ears - and I was almost tempted to get my ears pierced to wear them - but instead I took them to an independent jewellery and asked if a screw fitting could replace the butterfly. Well, they were clearly a good quality because yes it could be done and cost me an extra £50, but so well worth it, and I still feel a million dollars when I wear them. I never bought anything else, and having seen what's on offer now, its clearly a Poundland channel.

Who remembers when Fire Opals first appeared on QVC, it was Jeff Banks who was doing jewellery at that point who brought them to QVC? I remember thinking they are not opals, they are clear stones?

As I said in other threads way back early 00s, people on her went nuts for Gems. That part of the forum was nearly as busy as the QVC section, all rings were size N I was lucky as I could wear those a big loose, I am a size M. Members here bought one that one of each ring had their own loops and the one they found not as good quality just sent back. I cannot watch Adina the head scratching and her nose, instead of pulling her hair back on one side with a clip she fiddles with it endlessly. Then the low cut tops off the shoulder, which she is always straightening.

Back in the far distant day - when QVC was the no.1 retail jeweller in the Uk (!) I went berserk. Pink sapphires, fire opal, pearls, Russian diopside, smoky quartz, aquamarine, I think I have a ring with every stone, in 9 and 18 ct gold. So yes I have a tanzanite, and the white gold ring is actually not scooped out in the band, its solid - unusual for qvc. Like has been mentioned the tanzanite was perfectly clear but is now badly clouded, so its an everyday wear rather than a special occasion. I bought a fab eek ring with a good size oval 'tanzanite' with sparkly eek surround and on the shank, and its THIS one that's brought out for special occasions as its a good realistic size.

As for the Gems tv of 20 years ago, I didn't buy a ring, but I did buy a gorgeous pair of 9ct gold dangly earrings set with amethysts pearls and a diamond - for £99. They were for pierced ears - and I was almost tempted to get my ears pierced to wear them - but instead I took them to an independent jewellery and asked if a screw fitting could replace the butterfly. Well, they were clearly a good quality because yes it could be done and cost me an extra £50, but so well worth it, and I still feel a million dollars when I wear them. I never bought anything else, and having seen what's on offer now, its clearly a Poundland channel.
Yeah, me too, though I mainly bought from Gems TV. I did buy a few bits from Q & IW. I've had Laborodite, Kunzite, ammolite, London blue topaz, Tanzanite, even diamonds (rings mainly) and I don't think I actually wore any of them. Not only that I bought bangles, brooches, earrings & bracelets which I was mainly disappointed with. The only thing I had the sense to return was a Tanzanite ring that looked really big and bold on screen but when it arrived it was titchy and the stones were a really wishy washy lilac colour and for over £100 - I thought no! The ammolite earrings had tiny little flat stones in the centre and they were really dull, so I don't know why I kept those. The Kunzite pendant (no chain) was about £200, in my jewellery box now, and as far as I remember I wore it once. It's a stunning stone, but there's nothing to tell anyone it's not a piece of glass and it's not my style. ****** crazy behaviour, and I'm so glad I've stopped. The only thing I remember buying which I absolutely loved was this silver ring which came with various semi precious beads that you could pop in and out, and it had little diamond accents...but I sadly lost it. I've tried to replace it but all the ones I've seen have been really coarse looking. I'm well out of the zone now thank God!
1642426755187.png
The ring was very similar to this but had diamond accents and nicer stones. I'd definitely buy another one if I could find it and I would actually wear it!

Yeah, me too, though I mainly bought from Gems TV. I did buy a few bits from Q & IW. I've had Laborodite, Kunzite, ammolite, London blue topaz, Tanzanite, even diamonds (rings mainly) and I don't think I actually wore any of them. Not only that I bought bangles, brooches, earrings & bracelets which I was mainly disappointed with. The only thing I had the sense to return was a Tanzanite ring that looked really big and bold on screen but when it arrived it was titchy and the stones were a really wishy washy lilac colour and for over £100 - I thought no! The ammolite earrings had tiny little flat stones in the centre and they were really dull, so I don't know why I kept those. The Kunzite pendant (no chain) was about £200, in my jewellery box now, and as far as I remember I wore it once. It's a stunning stone, but there's nothing to tell anyone it's not a piece of glass and it's not my style. ****** crazy behaviour, and I'm so glad I've stopped. The only thing I remember buying which I absolutely loved was this silver ring which came with various semi precious beads that you could pop in and out, and it had little diamond accents...but I sadly lost it. I've tried to replace it but all the ones I've seen have been really coarse looking. I'm well out of the zone now thank God!View attachment 23032 The ring was very similar to this but had diamond accents and nicer stones. I'd definitely buy another one if I could find it and I would actually wear it!
Cheap and cheerful!

Cheap and cheerful!
Thanks, that's not a bad option. I looked in my jewellery box yesterday and I've still got the stones - It's just the ring bit I need presuming the stones are the right size for it. The stones on this one look a bit garish, so would prefer using my orignal stones..but cheers!

I was in Kensington High street yesterday. There is a jewellers shop with second hand jewellery. Well that shop is in a league of its own. Off the scale stuff. Not too bad prices. I feel a purchase coming very soon.

Over the years I bought quite a lot of rings from QVC and BidTV etc 😳, as well as from jewellers. Some are diamonique and others are tanzanite, garnet, sapphire, opals etc. However, I only wear two rings nowadays ….. my dad’s gold signet ring and a white gold and diamond solitaire bought for me by my OH.

As it’s a waste having a load of rings in my jewellery box that I won’t wear again, I’ve sorted them out and intend to take them to a jeweller and will trade them in for the price of the silver and gold. My friend did this recently and he paid her £380.

Over the years I bought quite a lot of rings from QVC and BidTV etc 😳, as well as from jewellers. Some are diamonique and others are tanzanite, garnet, sapphire, opals etc. However, I only wear two rings nowadays ….. my dad’s gold signet ring and a white gold and diamond solitaire bought for me by my OH.

As it’s a waste having a load of rings in my jewellery box that I won’t wear again, I’ve sorted them out and intend to take them to a jeweller and will trade them in for the price of the silver and gold. My friend did this recently and he paid her £380.
That is a good idea, no point in having a lot of jewellery that you know will bever be worn is it? Your friend did well, those old cash for gold envelopes we all got in the post were a rip-off. You were supposed to be sent an offer for your gold to accept or decline. If you declined, they were supposed to return your items. In reality, they would send a cheque for pennies and when you said no thanks, they claimed they had already melted down your items and there was nothing could be done about it, too late! Shisters.

The jeweller is a small one in my friend’s town and she knows him. She’s coming with me when I take mine in to him. I’m also asking him to value a 5 stone gold ring with rubies and diamonds. It was my grandmother’s engagement ring so is an antique. The rubies have no inclusions and are a pure deep clear red. I am definitely not selling it but want it valued for insurance purposes.

Latest posts

Back