Tarte TSV 12/08/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I’ve tried them and in my opinion they are not that pigmented, another one for the charity box.☹

Are you not gonna bother sending it back..or is it that you've decided that the other stuff's worth keeping it for for the price? I suppose you'll lose out on p&p both ways so I guess I'd probably do the same. I also can't stand these cardboard casings...especially when it comes to non budget brands...it's what i'd expect from something picked up in the queue for the tills at primark...but I guess they'd say they're thinking about the environment packaging in this manner.

I had a good sort out of my makeup stash a few weeks ago and I can be really ruthless.I now stick to 2 foundations which I mix, a YSL @ Bare Minerals and have dug out an BM large eyeshadow palette to use again.Some colours are well used and others not touched.I have a Tarte palette which is OK but never consider a TSV with foundation as getting the right colour is a lottery.I feel I would like something new but to be honest, just don’t need! Just booked another little U.K. break to hopefully get into the wide world a bit again, that is where my spare cash is going, not multiple TSVs!

Dior have revamped their 5 colour eyeshadows discontinued the old ones. I get emails from Dior and a cousin works for them. The new ones are expensive as you would expect but OMG totally gorgeous! Fantastic pigment smooth as cream yes they are powder. I would rather buy colours I want than go with the choice which QVC/Tarte decide we must buy.

I bought some of the Tartiest Pro single eyeshadows on Tarte.com, this way I can get & use the colours I want and not have any wasted shadows.
ive heard that the Tartiest Pro range are better quality too, super blendable too

Am so tempted but have got a drawer full of foundations...love that mascara though, one of my faves, and like the look of the lippy...

Dior have revamped their 5 colour eyeshadows discontinued the old ones. I get emails from Dior and a cousin works for them. The new ones are expensive as you would expect but OMG totally gorgeous! Fantastic pigment smooth as cream yes they are powder. I would rather buy colours I want than go with the choice which QVC/Tarte decide we must buy.
Yes I have had a look at the Dior palettes, love the colours but most are too bold for me now at my age! There are a couple which I would look at if I could get near a Dior counter but my nearest city is in lockdown! The textures are lovely, some look good in the palette but are very powdery and don’t last.

Largely thanks to this thread, I have managed to talk myself out of buying this three times in the last 24 hours, including a really bad episode at 12.30am when I was sitting up in bed watching the midnight presentation on my iPad. I came pretty close but am relieved this morning. I want to get to the stage where I am running relatively low on foundation so when I buy a set like the TSV, I can soon start using and enjoying it, rather than pushing most items to the very back of the cupboard while I use up my much older stuff. I am still feeling the pull of the TSV but I am determined to ignore it.

Largely thanks to this thread, I have managed to talk myself out of buying this three times in the last 24 hours, including a really bad episode at 12.30am when I was sitting up in bed watching the midnight presentation on my iPad. I came pretty close but am relieved this morning. I want to get to the stage where I am running relatively low on foundation so when I buy a set like the TSV, I can soon start using and enjoying it, rather than pushing most items to the very back of the cupboard while I use up my much older stuff. I am still feeling the pull of the TSV but I am determined to ignore it.
I coukd not agree more, I was put off of it when LOTL posted saying the foundation was quite sheer and I don't wear eyeshadow that much, so that would end up at the back of a cupboard rarely used, and i also have lots of foundations to work my way through, have a couple i haven't even opened yet! And working from home isn't getting them used. I do like the lip gloss but hey am sure I can get a similar colour elsewhere. Whilst it maybe good value its still £50!

Well done, I wish I hadn’t rushed in but that’s me, my own worst enemy 😊

I coukd not agree more, I was put off of it when LOTL posted saying the foundation was quite sheer and I don't wear eyeshadow that much, so that would end up at the back of a cupboard rarely used, and i also have lots of foundations to work my way through, have a couple i haven't even opened yet! And working from home isn't getting them used. I do like the lip gloss but hey am sure I can get a similar colour elsewhere. Whilst it maybe good value its still £50!

Sounds like you were helped a lot by posts here, too. We have to try and be rational! Like you, I’m not using as much make-up at the moment (although if there’s even the slightest chance of a delivery or having to answer the door, I do use at least a little!) I was reasoning that I would recoup some of the outlay (even make a profit) by selling a couple of things on eBay, but it's a hassle and if I'm going to sell anything, I could start by flogging some of the other stuff in the stockpile that I've bought thinking "Oh, I can eBay that" ... It's like being on a hamster's wheel! But less cute!

Well done, I wish I hadn’t rushed in but that’s me, my own worst enemy 😊

Believe me, I'm one of the worst rushers-in! Most of my buying on QVC in the past was based on a fear of missing out and a total lack of resistance to "a bargain".... or at least what I perceive as a bargain because they show us the hugely unrealistic and inflated RRP and then the "today only" price. Letz-be-avenue's "Whilst it may be good value, it's still £50" says it all.

By the way, I'm still envious of you because you have it!

Last edited:
I don't think it is a good value. It should be under £40 for a start. The quality of the eyeshadow palette for a start which as usual is the thing QVC push.

To be fair, I would (in my stupidity, maybe) be prepared to pay at least £30 for a good foundation and brush (if I ever run out, which I won't! The Estée Lauder one I like is over £30 on its own unless I find a really good offer. And I do like the Tarte foundations I've had. So maybe it's a good job it isn't under £40 or I would have bought two! I am daft, though.

To be fair, I would (in my stupidity, maybe) be prepared to pay at least £30 for a good foundation and brush (if I ever run out, which I won't! The Estée Lauder one I like is over £30 on its own unless I find a really good offer. And I do like the Tarte foundations I've had. So maybe it's a good job it isn't under £40 or I would have bought two! I am daft, though.
Glad it’s not just me then 😂

Latest posts

Back