Tarte TSV 15/10/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've just noticed, in the January drop, the list says there's an eyeliner in black/brown as well as the brow thingy but it doesn't show it in the picture. The number of items doesn't match.

It's still the TSV price for the auto delivery.

I'm afraid to buy anything at the moment that I may not keep. My return rate has been very high and I'm due The Letter I think. I'm hanging on until the next Laura Geller TSV.

What's do you think the rate is that gets a letter?

What's do you think the rate is that gets a letter?

I'd like to know this myself. In 2016 I returned 15 orders, kept 7 and cancelled 5 prior to dispatch. I think that The Letter may have been sent but I didn't get it for some reason. I had had two Letters in the past and had to phone Finance department as they requested.

I'd like to know this myself. In 2016 I returned 15 orders, kept 7 and cancelled 5 prior to dispatch. I think that The Letter may have been sent but I didn't get it for some reason. I had had two Letters in the past and had to phone Finance department as they requested.

I doubt the cancelled prior to dispatch would trigger anything.

You kept roughly a third & sent back two thirds, I'd guess I'm the other way around, I keep at least two thirds.

It's 50%...that seems a straightforward figure BUT they couldn't (wouldn't) tell me when I asked on facebook how this figure is measured. I suspect they include returns that are faulty or not delivered by the courier or when they've over-sold an item and it's QVC that cancel your order. Plus we all have (for virtually any item) a right to cancel which is granted by statute and no retailer can limit a statutory consumer right so I wanted reassurance that these cancelled returns are excluded (used to be called Distance Selling Regs now called CC Regs I think). This is how I return almost every item because I don't usually need 30 days to decide whether something is a keeper.

Then there's the time period -does it run Jan to December Or is it a rolling 12months so maybe you hit 51% in June 2017 based on figures from July 2016 does this trigger "The Letter" when you might buy, and keep, lots of items in July 2017 which would cause your running total to fall below 50%?

Finally, is it 50% of sales or 50% of the ££ spent?

And Mr Akimbo calls me pedantic - I can't think why? :mysmilie_13:

I remember buying 4 Doll10 TSVs and one Doll 10 kit fully intending to keep them all, but the foundation disappeared on my skin before lunch time and I had to return hem all sadly. I loved the finish of this foundation only if it stayed on my skin. This pushed my return figures up a bit.

Oh yes, Akimbo, some were returned under DSR, perhaps that's why my return figures haven't triggered The Letter just yet.

Well when the auto delivery was still at the TSV price early this morning I decided to order a second one to use as presents. Just had a weird email confirmation.
Instead of the usual " your QVC email confirmation" it was entitled " your QVC order reference number" & where it gives the price in the email it was £0.00.
Hope they're not going to charge me the £70+ p&p!
I checked my account & there it was showing at the TSV price but in process.

I've had a couple of those emails that total up to £0.00, unfortunately just a glitch, and was charged the price.

Did order the TSV but thinking maybe I shouldn't have. Love the foundation in the Light Sand so unsure what this new colour will be like. Have to wait & see. Had to send the Mally set back as ordered the Fair foundation which is what i usually order in mally but it was way too light. So Q not gonna be happy if I send this Tarte one back as well. I've had the returns letter once before but the guy I spoke to was fine. He said he just wanted to know the reason why I was returning things. With beauty I told him it was mainly due to the colours not matching my skin type. Jewellery was usually because I ordered more than one for choice of fit/colour. I was quite nervous before I called them & added up the total amount of money I had spent on items which I'd kept versus items returned. Needn't have been though! I would say my returns/to what I keep rate is half & I've never had a letter since. I'm probably one of their best customers with the amount I do spend ha!

I told them that the presenters encourage to buy one of each colour and then make the choice once received the orders and I took their advice.

I bought this TSV (in light neutral) on auto delivery. Depending on what the foundation shade is like will depend not only if I keep it, but if I continue getting the auto deliveries, but I agree the final one does seem a bit expensive for what you get.

It said on the website....

Second delivery includes:
1 x LipSurgence Power Pigment Lipstick in Blissful (3g)
1 x Sculptor Contouring Face Slenderizer in Park Ave Princess - 3-in-1 contouring palette with everything you need for a perfectly sculpted, slimmer appearance
2 x Timeless Beauty Blush Brush
1 x Rainforest of the Sea Water Foundation (SPF15) (30ml)
1 x Amazon Clay Silk Eyeliner in Black (0.2g)
1 x Double-Ended Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara in black (5ml)
1 x Opening Act Last Primer (5ml)
1 x Cosmetics bag

It says the contouring thingy IS a palette though that's not what's in the picture.
Just like the picture of the first drop doesn't show a liner but the product list says it includes one!
You wonder just what IS in these drops!

All grounds to return those drops at QVC's expense in my view Breeze.

So if you return an item under DSR do QVC have to pay the return postage? And you can do this as often as you like without it affecting your returns rate / incurring The Letter? I very rarely return anything, but have sent four things back this year - three faulty, and one I just didn't like - and I was convinced I'd be getting it! I understand that there has to be a limit to the number of times they can allow a customer to return an item, especially if it's not in a resalable condition, but the existence of The Letter means that their supposed USP and the point they labour on air more than any other, is a lie.

Shame the Tarte TSV was so shambolic, as I love their cosmetics and would like them to keep doing well at QVC, so we continue getting TSV's etc. The main thing that puts me off ordering from Sephora or Tarte direct is getting clobbered for customs.

Well mine is with the courier(she is a lovely woman), so I will fingers crossed have mine today.

Leigh said the contour was the crayon thing, but since QVC have the wrong description they should pay. Yes you get your postage back, phone and state you are returning under the rule and wait for the label.

So if you return an item under DSR do QVC have to pay the return postage? And you can do this as often as you like without it affecting your returns rate / incurring The Letter? I very rarely return anything, but have sent four things back this year - three faulty, and one I just didn't like - and I was convinced I'd be getting it! I understand that there has to be a limit to the number of times they can allow a customer to return an item, especially if it's not in a resalable condition, but the existence of The Letter means that their supposed USP and the point they labour on air more than any other, is a lie.

Shame the Tarte TSV was so shambolic, as I love their cosmetics and would like them to keep doing well at QVC, so we continue getting TSV's etc. The main thing that puts me off ordering from Sephora or Tarte direct is getting clobbered for customs.

Yep, as Donna says, you have grounds to reject an item than isn't as described. They can't know that you say on air description or pictures, but you can email them a screen shot of the list of contents which states that there's a contour palette. If anyone needs a copy of the description including the word palette nearer the time that the 3rd set is despatched I have screen shots of the AD drops' contents. I think I'll email them ahead of the 3rd drop despatch and ask them to confirm the contents and decide then whether or not to proceed. It's still less hassle to opt out of AD than to return an item even if QVC pays all the postage.

Mine's out for delivery too, can't wait.

Okay mine has just arrived. The Neutral shade is beige based not pink, I compared it to the Light Sand and it has yellow. I think I could have got away with the Light Neutral shade in the foundation, but Fair/Light Neutral is perfect for winter/spring.

The lipstick feels balm like and actually smells like MAC lipsticks. The gold case is very light plastic though, so be careful not to drop it. Very pleased.

Mine too, although I don't have time to use it at the moment. Love the palette, a good ratio of matte to shimmer shadows (the usual safe colour range that Tarte are famous for) and the blusher looks good, already posted the lipstick and eye liner to a friend. The gold bag has a curiously slippery surface.

Latest posts

Back