Tarte TSV 15/10/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bugger! Because of the time difference i only realised this was on when i got up this morning and the auto delivery had already sold out. Really likeed the look of the 2nd drop too ��

Bugger! Because of the time difference i only realised this was on when i got up this morning and the auto delivery had already sold out. Really likeed the look of the 2nd drop too 😡

Ooh, checked again and the colours are all back in stock so now done an auto-delivery ����

Glad you got it. Sounds like the web page is on form! :wonder:
Which colour did you go for?

Good job I'm not interested as UK mainland only. WTF??. I refuse to buy anything from a brand that has this policy.

This is becoming more and more common with Q

Only for the auto delivery it seems. I spotted on Facebook someone commented they got the last one on auto to the Republic no problem, she was outraged. Don't blame her!

I seemed to be the other way round with foundation, I always used to buy too pale!!! Just used to go for the lightest shade even in stores. I remember one SA asked if I wanted matched to my true shade or go darker? She said its well known that most women prefer their foundation a shade darker as they think their true colour washes them out! Then I because friends with someone who really is the palest shade in all foundations. She has the true Celtic colouring of nearly white skin, black hair and blue eyes.

Well, didn't order last night and had really thought I would go for the AD. I'm just confused - do I go for Leigh's descriptions or do I go for the colours as swatched on the model's hand, bearing in mind that my TV could be distorting them, or do I match myself to the skintone of the celebrities they listed?? Aagh, I really don't want to make more foundation mistakes as have quite a few liquid foundations that are just a bit too pale.
One of the bloggers describes all the honey shades as yellow based but Leigh says they are pink toned.
Then Leigh was describing the lipstick and said they were all wearing it, but DF was clearly wearing a berry shade! I wish they would just be honest. At one point Debbie asked which colour she would be in the foundation. Wouldn't it be better to be made up in the stuff and then say which one she is wearing?!?
I felt that Leigh stumbled and got confused several times over the shades, probably because QVC insists on renaming them.
Feeling really annoyed.
Also, I don't like foundations with droppers and pumps - I feel that too much product gets wasted. At least with a tube, I can cut it and get the last dredges out!
I do like the palette, eyeliner and double ended brush so maybe worth taking a punt on the foundation and lipstick shade.
Or do I wait for it to come onto EBAY? Decisions, decisions.

Here's a screen grab of the shades on the back of the models hand
image.jpg

Well I ordered the individual delivery in fair light neutral. Then I read this thread and came to my senses and cancelled it. I really don't need another foundation. I am quite happy with my Avon ideal flawless foundation in "shell"' which was half price and cost me £6. It really is a good foundation and shell is the perfect shade. I also gave a bare minerals " fairly light", a Doll 10 in fair and 2 mally foundations from TSV's on the go.

The mascara double ended thing is just a gimmick although Lights Camera lashes is a good one.

The lipstick looks a nice shade but on screen it can be misleading. The description on the website says pink-mauve (I hate mauve) yet on air Leigh said it was peachy-pink. Which is it?
I hardly ever wear black eyeliner, prefer dark brown.
I am a sucker for a pallet, but end up not using them and selling them on, or returning them. The ones I keep are usually Mally palettes and every square is used. I have a tarte quad that I like but again I use all the colours in it. With this TSV they have pink and plums, (a no-no for me) and only the taupe shade would get used. I have tried tarte blushes individually in the past and returned them. The texture is too "flat", I much prefer a cream blush or laura Geller or the mally one from her last TSV that give a healthy glow without being shiny. . I really do not need another brush, or a bag, and the gold bag with purple lining is horrible.
So even at the TSV price I would be wasting my money.

Will be fair (recovered from 1am rant mode) and say that Leigh does at least do good tutorials on air of what to do to get a particular effect... she is very professional.

I do get distracted though by noticing the difference in skintone between her face and her neck/decolletage... it's quite marked.

I'm afraid to buy anything at the moment that I may not keep. My return rate has been very high and I'm due The Letter I think. I'm hanging on until the next Laura Geller TSV.

After we talked to Leigh at the Beauty Bash, DD and I turned to each other and said TANGO! (and she's too young to remember the "you know when you've been tangoed" adverts!)

Tangoed Advert

After we talked to Leigh at the Beauty Bash, DD and I turned to each other and said TANGO! (and she's too young to remember the "you know when you've been tangoed" adverts!)

Tangoed Advert

She's ever such a pretty lass, but definitely a bit too much fake tan...yikes

On a different note, does Tiff the model wear coloured contact lenses? There have been a lot of close-ups and I'd put money on the fact that isn't her natural eye colour!

I ordered the medium in the last tsv and had to return it as it was too light - so was annoyed as I liked the rest of the kit and the AD. I then just ordered the Clay foundation in Medium Tan Honey (it just says Tan Honey on the tube) and that was a better colour. This time they are called different names again and I have ordered Tan Sand but am wondering if I should have gone for Medium Tan Sand. It is so difficult - why can't they call their foundations the same names or give us a chart showing which colour we need if we have the other in a certain colour!

Nearly 6pm and I really thought they would have sold out of some of the auto delivery options by now. There's an eyeliner trio OTO, but I could supply the world's eye liner needs from my stock pile built over years of TSVs! But it you want a look it's here.

Calling all night owls!! If any of you missed out on ordering the TSV on auto delivery, or want to order another for any reason, it's still available at the TSV price now:

http://www.qvcuk.com/Tarte-Radiance...ct.230217.html?cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_--_-230217

The individual delivery TSV has gone back up to £70, but you can obviously always cancel out of the auto delivery anyway.

I didn't watch the shows, except the chaotic launch, but was really surprised that only one shade choice sold out. Maybe people just got so confused / annoyed that they decided not to bother!

Yes, still available at the TSV price in the AD at 6:40 in the morning! I think the shade fiasco lead to the TSV bombing and the last drop of the AD looked really poor, so may have put people off going for the AD option.

Another problem with the AD was the usual QVC website problems. Quite a few people on Facebook complaining they went to order and their shades showing as sold out, then someone would come along and say no now showing back in stock. I have found you need to just use good old fashioned live person customer service or if possible QCut to order. Agree about the third drops looking told pants for the same money as the first two. Another factor without a doubt was UK Mainland only for AD as well. This one is happening more often too even to Scotland!

Latest posts

Back