Tasty Little Numbers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

amn

Registered Shopper
Just caught the end of this collection of edibles being flogged as being for the diet / weight / health h conscious, the bit that I saw being crisps and biscuits in 100 calorie portions.
Nothing diet about them, te pitch went, just real tasty food but in smaller portions. 24 packets of crisps for £14.50 or 20 biscuit bars for £15 odd. I can get 48 bags of crisps from Costco for about £4.
So just to recap - these are 'just ordinary food just in smaller portions' why the hell, then, would we want to buy smaller portions and pay more for them?? Here's a novel idea qvc - I'll just buy the ordinary PRICED ones and EAT LESS OF THEM. Do they think all our coats button up the back??
Rant over. Thank you.

They also showed 804113 a box 12 x sweet 'n' savoury snacks at 100 calories each pack for something like £16!!!

It was very misleading because all the snacks were stacked in glasses, making it look like you get a lot for 100 calories in each pack, but then Claire made the mistake of picking a packet up from the actual box and it had about 5 chocolate dusted blueberries in, which she hastily tried to hide by putting her finger across half the packet....somebody is going to get a shock when they open their box to find little tiddly packets, not the quantity shown in the glasses on air.

They kept going on about the 'delicious' ready meal snacks that you can take to work! I would much rather make myself a healthy salad, at leasleast l will know exactly what is in it! I thought it was a real con to be honest. Overpriced Finnish!

They kept going on about the 'delicious' ready meal snacks that you can take to work! I would much rather make myself a healthy salad, at leasleast l will know exactly what is in it! I thought it was a real con to be honest. Overpriced Finnish!

Sorry about the shocking spelling! It's this silly tablet! It's a nightmare typing on it at times. I meant to say 'overpriced rubbish!, not 'Finnish!'

I've seen the guest on before with those pretty expensive snacks. How do these people actually sell enough of these to earn a living? A lot of things I see and think that's absolute carp but someone somewhere seems to be getting rich. I'm an awful lot more selective about what frivolous things I buy now, however, I did succumb to the Joe and Seths posh popcorn at Christmas. Personally I wasn't too fussy on it but I took it into work and it vanished in minutes. Won't be tempted by these new snacks.

CC

I`ve been in the pound shop today and noticed they had a big display of low calorie snacks, biscuits, crackers etc, many of them Weight Watchers brand and yessssssss all of the multipacks were, you`ve guessed it, a pound !

What a load of rubbish ...l.las I a,ways I will say they prey on people's desperation ....when what would help is counselling and nutrition .....plus a burger or chocolate ....but mostly nuturuious healthy life giving food .....rant over

12 mini snacks would be wasted on me - I'd eat all 12 in one sitting. Might as well buy 6 normal size or 3 family size - same damage for half the price.

If the snack were carefully chosen with nutritional value and delicious it may be worth a punt if you have money to spare but choc muffins and jelly beans! May as well buy a bag of snack sized milky ways, flumps etc. It is easy to find snacks under 100 calories if you are happy to eat empty calories and have the discipline to just eat one at a time. PYes they are individually packaged but like others have pointed out nothing to stop you eating them all in one go. It did make me laugh when they read some reviews and someone had posted that they were delicious they could eat them in a couple of days. I think they realised too late that that wasn't a good selling point.

Latest posts

Back