ten pound postage for a pair of shoes! !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mollymoo

Registered Shopper
I'm sorry but I think qvc are really taking the micky now with postage.
How on earth can they justify that?
More and more I won't buy due to the charges. ..just robbery!
Rant over!
Mollymoo šŸ˜ˆ

I'm sorry but I think qvc are really taking the micky now with postage.
How on earth can they justify that?
More and more I won't buy due to the charges. ..just robbery!
Rant over!
Mollymoo ��

Sounds outrageous - but which shoes, please?

I noticed at the weekend, when I fancied a shrub they had on the gardening show, that the postage was Ā£8.95. I do buy a lot of plants and bulbs from QVC but they never used to charge that kind of postage for anything. Does put me off and I didn't buy.

CC

So if you wanted two pair of shoes in different colours on next day delivery, to the same house on the same day, it would cost a whopping Ā£24 for delivery, that's absolutely outrageous. Tell you what, QVC must be raking it in.

I noticed at the weekend, when I fancied a shrub they had on the gardening show, that the postage was Ā£8.95. I do buy a lot of plants and bulbs from QVC but they never used to charge that kind of postage for anything. Does put me off and I didn't buy.

CC

Was it like a John Lewis delivery - where you can get delivery and fitting (or in this case delivery and planting)???

So if you wanted two pair of shoes in different colours on next day delivery, to the same house on the same day, it would cost a whopping Ā£24 for delivery, that's absolutely outrageous. Tell you what, QVC must be raking it in.

It's more than outrageous... it's unconscionable! They charge over the odds for under-par performance delivery, only discounted if you buy two identical items, and then ask you to pay more to get it quicker. How come other websites don't have to charge such extortionate standard delivery, and can often give you a single delivery charge for your whole order.... could it be that their business model and systems have left the 20th Century and joined the rest of us in the 21st Century?

It's more than outrageous... it's unconscionable! They charge over the odds for under-par performance delivery, only discounted if you buy two identical items, and then ask you to pay more to get it quicker. How come other websites don't have to charge such extortionate standard delivery, and can often give you a single delivery charge for your whole order.... could it be that their business model and systems have left the 20th Century and joined the rest of us in the 21st Century?

I agree, I think I saw QVC in the background of Jurasic Park.

Nah, they're having a laugh at our expense - literally. Very clever when you come to think about it - it's all extra profit, isn't it?

I love French Sole ballet type flats. They aint cheap, but their p & p they only charge just over Ā£3 for one pair, and further pairs are free delivery. Hotter shoes are Ā£4.50 PER ORDER - I ordered 3 pairs recently, and still only paid Ā£4.50 AND they pay for any returns for exchanges.

Q are pricing themselves out . I remember a few years ago before I cottoned on that different colours/flavours/sizes were each charged separately, ordering 3 sets of the Molton Brown Xmas tsv's. The order came to over Ā£90 BUT there was a further Ā£22.50 in p & p charges. I cancelled the order when I picked myself up off the floor !!!

Sorry - it was a pair of wedge Vionic on at 9pm. Even my husband had comments on the p and p...
Had to go and speak to daughter!

QVC just rip people off, end of.
They`ll have a contract with their couriers in which they`ll have negotiated a huge discount in delivery prices, up to 60% less than you and I would pay per parcel. My youngest son works for UPS and they have contracts with large companies and he says they pay much much less because they agree a yearly payment to UPS instead of cost per package and because the courier firm is receiving a huge chunk of money in one go, it helps with cash flow and investment. I daresay QVC do the same.

Yes, agree about Hotter. Now I do click and collect but when I ordered for my late mother they went to her address and I had to get there to pick them up before dealing with any return. Hotter could not have been more helpful and sent return labels, but can you imagine explaining that to Q? Also, I do not know if this is a peculiarity of their Kingston store, but they have several assistants available so you hardly have to wait to be served, and they are extremely pleasant and helpful!!!!!

Sorry but I would have phoned and queried that amount. I've just looked at Vionics on QVC and I can't find anything with p & p of Ā£10.00. If it is correct, I'd certainly cancel the order and do a trawl of the internet.

Must have been a mistake, but, even so Ā£6.95 is a heck of a lot to charge for P&P for their slow service. That's more than most other websites charge for next-day.

I bought some Vionics yesterday after watching the show. I got them at Simplyfeet.co.uk Ā£30 cheaper than the QVC price and only Ā£3.50 p&p with free returns.

Not one of the new styles but I'm chuffed with them, yes they arrived today LOL.

Yes, agree about Hotter. Now I do click and collect but when I ordered for my late mother they went to her address and I had to get there to pick them up before dealing with any return. Hotter could not have been more helpful and sent return labels, but can you imagine explaining that to Q? Also, I do not know if this is a peculiarity of their Kingston store, but they have several assistants available so you hardly have to wait to be served, and they are extremely pleasant and helpful!!!!!

I like click and collect, much more convenient than having to be in when I order stuff online. I can't believe people will put up with this sort of service, everywhere you look it is free delivery, or one price per order, or you have it delivered to a shop. I am a bit of a dinosaur with new technology and stuff, but even I catch on eventually!

I rarely buy from Q because of their ridiculous p and p charges. I recently ordered some Rieker shoes off Amazon, 2 different sizes and it was free p and p and free returns for the pair I didn`t want. Plus the shoes were heavily discounted. Q just doesn`t compare.

Latest posts

Back