The Alison Young Ring

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I like it! I only got a quick glance at it but thought it may have different levels (if that makes sense?!) which makes it look particularly unusual and striking...

What a heartwarming story :happy: .

But I haz questionies.

Her literal wedding ring actually fused to her finger? (So is she literally going to actually blame it on a build up of eye make up, hand cream and Decleor Barmy Essential that only Alpha H Battery Acid Eye Drops can get rid of?)

Her actual literal engagement ring no longer fits because of a literal actual wasp sting? (So where were her SBC Arnica and Propolis gel to stop the swelling so this needless tragedy didn't occur?:drunk:)

Her eternity ring lost a stone? (again, I ask you, good people of the forum - where was her Gatineau Melatogenine Instant Whip so she could actually literally glue the prestigious stone back in?)

Her wedding ring fused to her finger because she, like any normal person, eats cake, chocolate and sweets, chips, crisps and pies (apart from the one that got away courtesy of lovely Dickie smearing it into her chops)

Her engagement ring no longer fits for the same reason as above.

Her eternity ring lost a stone because she was wearing it while mucking out Dobbin and pals in the stable and it dropped into their literal actual nosebags. There is currently a pile of horse doings in Surrey that is worth more than the Crown Jewels and H Samuel's window COMBINED.

Fin.

Better get down to Surrey then to look thro' the horse ****, I'll let you go first, 'cos I am considerate like that.

I see its been having some good reviews on the qvc website, think I will order it when I have some spare cash :smirk:

Yes I noticed last night, it has some reviews at last.still pleased I cancelled mine though - i don't "need" it :angel:

Anyone else noticed the spelling mistake in the title on the QVC website?!!

Diamonique Epiphany SS 2.1ct tw Alison Young Annivesary Ring

for anyone who's still interested in this ring, and has it on wait list, it's actually in stock! i rang cs this morning after listening to alison keenan 'selling' it last night, and yes it's available.

so if qvc are selling it now, but making customers on wait list wait even longer, then i'm sure that they will, in the long run, miss out on many sales as people will, and already have, started to cancel their wait list orders.

Sorry ( and don`t shoot me down ! ) but I really dislike this ring. It reminds me of a phase when gold and diamonds began to rise in price and jewellers began stuffing lots of small stones into knuckle duster size rings in order to get some kind of " sparkle ". Not my cup of tea at all and when I see all the illusion set rings in shops I always fear for lost stones too small ever to be found again and stones which until the invention of recent cutting technology would have been used as industrial diamonds because of their size. I know this is only a Q eek version but even so it reminds me of a knuckle duster.

Vienna, it has never appealed to me either but it does seem to give a lot of pleasure to those who do and that is what matters. They seem to have sold an awful lot over the years since it was launched.

The fact that it is eek or not wouldn't matter to me as the setting is the most important to me. NO claws, and no clusters and unfortunately Q seems to do nothing else these days.

Vienna, it has never appealed to me either but it does seem to give a lot of pleasure to those who do and that is what matters. They seem to have sold an awful lot over the years since it was launched.

The fact that it is eek or not wouldn't matter to me as the setting is the most important to me. NO claws, and no clusters and unfortunately Q seems to do nothing else these days.
I fully agree and jewellery first and foremost should give the owner pleasure. I was merely voicing my own personal dislike of these styles of rings, not just this particular one and I hope the people who have bought and love this ring get many years pleasure out of it.

Another thing I really dislike is multi colour gem pieces. Each of the gems are lovely but slapping them together in all sorts of cuts detracts from their individual beauty.

I have a rule - one ring only per hand, one neckless only at a time (unless they are all long ) but as many bracelets as you like! Good job I don't have pierced ears.

I got the origional TSV ring and sent it back as it did not suit me but i do like the gold tone. I do not see AY as fashion forward so this does not tempt me to buy, she would not know fashion if it hit her in the face with a wet kipper.

I adore mine, in fact i've got two. One in case I want to wear it on the right hand and one that I wear most days on my left hand. It gets complimented all of the time and always has. I think you need to have longish fingers to suit it though.

I found this on pinterest and its in diamond, identical to the AY ring. I wonder if this is the one that she copied rather designing it herself?

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/295478425522745776/

I know someone who had the original one and she loves it and it looks good on her. Me, I don't have the fingers for that style and I really don't like it. I prefer simple channel set or Swiss set. The thing I can never understand and I know this has been said many times before. Why did AY never get her original wedding and engagements rings resized and fixed???? Her husband bought them(I am assuming here), so why does she insist on wearing cheap copy versions?

I know someone who had the original one and she loves it and it looks good on her. Me, I don't have the fingers for that style and I really don't like it. I prefer simple channel set or Swiss set. The thing I can never understand and I know this has been said many times before. Why did AY never get her original wedding and engagements rings resized and fixed???? Her husband bought them(I am assuming here), so why does she insist on wearing cheap copy versions?

She probably is working at her horse stables etc and has the cheap copies for that reason, I would imagine. In any case it isn't really about the ring, more what it symbolises. It wouldn't matter if someone wore a curtain ring, so long as their feelings towards their partner are true.

i have the ring and its amazing... i cannot keep count of how many people have commented... they all think its real (i wont tell them otherwise).

honestly, one of the best pieces of diamonique i own.

i have the ring and its amazing... i cannot keep count of how many people have commented... they all think its real (i wont tell them otherwise).

honestly, one of the best pieces of diamonique i own.
I know people rave about this ring but it looks too bulky to me and too busy. Well, I've missed my chance when it was £40-something, now it's way too expensive, prices on QVC just inflate for no apparent reason.

Is AY's ring similar to Tova's signature ring and which is better if possible to compare? They are both chunky rings.
I know that Tova's ring was very popular but never caught a demo of it.

Latest posts

Back