The Alison Young Ring

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes, when I look down on my hands I can think of nothing more pleasurable than having a daily reminder of this screeching harpie, oh the bliss, who wouldn't want that?? And Alison Young is so very fashionable, who wouldn't want to follow her lead??

By the way isn't this ring just a slimmed down version of Tova's 90th wedding anniversary gift from Ernie,which cost about 1.5 mill?

yes I agree about the alison bit,considering I can't stand her - and yes,I immediately thought of the tova ring...................but I still ordered it!!LOL

I've ordered it - hopefully be ok - was going to wait for reviews but the price was Ok enough to go for it and return if it screaches wear me when cleaning the horses - I dont have horses wonder if it'll still be ok?????
:glass:

i'm desperate for a few reviews to see what people REALLY think!!

I've ordered it - hopefully be ok - was going to wait for reviews but the price was Ok enough to go for it and return if it screaches wear me when cleaning the horses - I dont have horses wonder if it'll still be ok?????
:glass:

I believe it will garner a lot of 5 star reviews, after all, it is a good looking ring.

But what has Alison Young done here??, all she has done is look at what other people own,thrown in one or two cod ideas to the diamonique design team and now she's making like she is The House of Chopard, she who has never had an original thought in her life and slavishly follows fashion.

Jewellery is supposed to give you pleasure when you look at it, if everytime you look at this thing and even subconsciously get a picture of this harridan in your mind, then that's hardly pleasurable is it?.......well dependent on your kink.:)

Nice looking ring yes.
The associations, no.

did she design it herself like claudia and a few others did?

Yeah she "designed" it after she'd been coveting Tova's for the last 5 years.It's essentially the same kind of ring,slightly tweaked to suit her equestrian lifestyle.

Will be interesting to see if she has the gall to wear it during her hours with Tova.

"Ring off" anyone?,lol

AY or not, I rather like it. I like bold rings but don't normally go for gemstones, such as the hideousness often seen on those other jewellery channels as I find too much bling (fake or not) looks about as subtle as a screaming trollop.

But it quite appeals to me that she's mentioned wearing it day to day (horses blah blah) as I think I may be more inclined to wear it. if it's that "wearable". Love the baguette cut stones too - not too OTT.

Think I'll reserve judgement until a few reviews have appeared.

I thought it was a very good looking ring. I'm ok with the AY association cos I like her. :happy: Plus, I think things like that wear off. I certainly don't think of Jemma Kidd or Nina from Smashbox every time I reapply lip gloss! :grin:

I was also drawn to the fact that it might be a practical non-snagging style if AY has been wearing it day to day. I'm not sure if it would suit my short fingers though.

I seem to remember her saying that her rings (ie the platinum and diamond ones) didn't fit her anymore/at the moment. Did anyone else catch that? (Can you imagine not being able to wear rings you spent a fortune on and previously wore all the time?!) Or do you think she's just giving the real stuff a rest while she wears the 'Alison' ring and just telling a little porkie pie? Let me see now... sausage fingers or porkie pie? I'll have to check out her hands next time she's on...

Not sure about anyone else - but I certainly don't buy things because of the association -I buy them because I like them.In this case I didn't really think of it as an association with AY when I went on the waitlist - I just liked it and can't stand her - but that wasn't going to get in my way!!!

I do not buy or wear any coloured gemstones - I just don't like them.I also don't like to wear my "fine" jewellery to work - but love a bit of bling at work!

I seem to remember her saying that her rings (ie the platinum and diamond ones) didn't fit her anymore/at the moment. Did anyone else catch that? (Can you imagine not being able to wear rings you spent a fortune on and previously wore all the time?!) Or do you think she's just giving the real stuff a rest while she wears the 'Alison' ring and just telling a little porkie pie? Let me see now... sausage fingers or porkie pie? I'll have to check out her hands next time she's on...

It tells you here why the ring came about. It seems her wedding ring "fused to her finger", her engagement ring no longer fits because of a wasp sting and her eternity ring has lost a stone! (...and her new nickname is "Lucky"! :cheeky:)

It tells you here why the ring came about. It seems her wedding ring "fused to her finger", her engagement ring no longer fits because of a wasp sting and her eternity ring has lost a stone! (...and her new nickname is "Lucky"! :cheeky:)

:mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483:

Not my style of ring. I do like coloured gemstones.

What a heartwarming story :happy: .

But I haz questionies.

Her literal wedding ring actually fused to her finger? (So is she literally going to actually blame it on a build up of eye make up, hand cream and Decleor Barmy Essential that only Alpha H Battery Acid Eye Drops can get rid of?)

Her actual literal engagement ring no longer fits because of a literal actual wasp sting? (So where were her SBC Arnica and Propolis gel to stop the swelling so this needless tragedy didn't occur?:drunk:)

Her eternity ring lost a stone? (again, I ask you, good people of the forum - where was her Gatineau Melatogenine Instant Whip so she could actually literally glue the prestigious stone back in?)

Her wedding ring fused to her finger because she, like any normal person, eats cake, chocolate and sweets, chips, crisps and pies (apart from the one that got away courtesy of lovely Dickie smearing it into her chops)

Her engagement ring no longer fits for the same reason as above.

Her eternity ring lost a stone because she was wearing it while mucking out Dobbin and pals in the stable and it dropped into their literal actual nosebags. There is currently a pile of horse doings in Surrey that is worth more than the Crown Jewels and H Samuel's window COMBINED.

Fin.

Latest posts

Back