The Body Shop

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Fraggle

Registered Shopper
I know what you're thinking - daft woman has posted this in the wrong forum - bear with me!

As some of you will know I used to buy a lot of bath, shower and make up products from QVC, this included Philosophy shower gels and Bare Escentuals and Smashbox make up.

I gave up buying from QVC for 2 main reasons about 2 years ago and I used to buy a lot! I felt very stongly though that a) QVC selling products from a known furrier, Dennis Basso, without telling their viewers who he is is morally wrong and b) the phenomenal postage charges and bullying people for using the no-quibble guarantee that they themselves pushed on air was an appalling way to behave. So I gave up. 100%. This however left me needing to source my products from other sources.

A friend of mine recommended The Body Shop and I just wanted to say how impressed I have been. Their bath products are glorious and much cheaper - I adore their Satsuma range which is fabulously fruity. Their make up is also fantastic and great value for money. Added to which they often do money off codes, current one is 25%, plus 3 for 2 offers etc

I have found it a really great alternative , the products aren't cheap but they are cheaper than the luxury brands which in honesty looking back, I can't believe how much money I was spending on things that I was down a drain or wipe off my face at the end of the day. If anybody is looking for an alternative to the QVC brands then I wanted to give The Body Shop a recommendation :)

I agree that the Body Shop is very good value Fraggs but personally I don't want to smell like an orange or a strawberry, all those fruity pongs just don't appeel (geddit??...ok I'll get me coat). :blush:

sorry to say but if your woried about dennis basso and his attitude to animals, the body shop are now owned by loreal who condone and practice testing cosmetics on animals. that;s why i give them a wide bearth now.

Yes TBS was bought my L'Oreal and the prices went up and the sizes went down too. Haven't walked into our branch since they bought TBS over.

I am another who refuses to do synthetic strawberry fruit smells. Sorry but I do find them really yucky.

Not only the Body Shop as an alternative for products....

I walked in Superdrug last week, and was amazed at the range and choices of make up!!! I was like a kid in a sweet shop!!!
I did not get the Laura Geller TSV, as the colours were all wrong for me, but I filled my basket with an array of lovely make up, all so much cheaper than QVC's offerings, and i was able to make the colour choices I wanted.

No more am I going to get my make up and skincare from QVC, I am hitting the high street!!!

I am definitely getting more choosy as to what and where I buy from - and no longer falling for the QVC sales patter as much. Particularly with make up/skincare and the like. I know the brands I like the QVC introduced me too, but I now find them cheaper elsewhere. I went to Tescos and Asda respectively in the last week - I picked up Asda's version of the Philosophy products - N-Spa - and for the price they're really lovely quality.

In my local Tescos I picked up some of their own brand shampoo and conditioner 85p a bottle, really nice quality and has a lovely gentle citrus fragrance. I won't change from my A'kin stuff permanently, but this is making a lovely, inexpensive change.

Marks and Sparks Honey range of products ifs fab too, lovely moisturiser. I'm off LE stuff atm, very over-rated imho and don't forget the Lidl/Aldi miricle cream for around £2, doesn't smell very nice though:call:

sorry to say but if your woried about dennis basso and his attitude to animals, the body shop are now owned by loreal who condone and practice testing cosmetics on animals. that;s why i give them a wide bearth now.

I'm shocked that Roddick sold out to a company that did this :angry: but if Wiki is correct (which is not always the case unfortunately) it would appear that L'Oreal have not tested on animals since 1989. I hope so anyway. :angry:

Sadly that isn't right according to their letter in 2005....

http://www.naturewatch.org/Campaigns/L'OréalBoycott/Loreal_response.asp

Quoted from the link above:

At first sight L'Oreal's animal testing policy might seem ethical; however, EU legislation requires that all newly developed cosmetic ingredients have to be tested on animals to assess safety, until validated alternatives are available.

So does that mean that any company that uses new cosmetic ingredients will have undoubtdly been tested on animals?

I love TBS body butters although I still don't think that I've tried a moisturiser that beats LE's Nourishing Body Cream - that does leave my skin moisturised all day, shame about the smell which I do like but find the smells of the TBS ones more yummy!

I've also recently become a convert of Superdrug Vitamin E oil and am looking at trying Soap & Glory cleanser and eye gel.

I love TBS body butters although I still don't think that I've tried a moisturiser that beats LE's Nourishing Body Cream - that does leave my skin moisturised all day, shame about the smell which I do like but find the smells of the TBS ones more yummy!

I've also recently become a convert of Superdrug Vitamin E oil and am looking at trying Soap & Glory cleanser and eye gel.

I can recommend the Soap & Glory undereye brightener and cream. Great products. Not to impressed with their version of a serum. Its too dry for my skin. I have a bottle I have only used a handfull of times and it has a squirt thing ( sorry no iddea what they are called, but like the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish) so if anyone want to try it they are welcome to PM me as it will only go in the bin anyway

The Body Shop-Nutriganics

I know what you're thinking - daft woman has posted this in the wrong forum - bear with me!

As some of you will know I used to buy a lot of bath, shower and make up products from QVC, this included Philosophy shower gels and Bare Escentuals and Smashbox make up.

I gave up buying from QVC for 2 main reasons about 2 years ago and I used to buy a lot! I felt very stongly though that a) QVC selling products from a known furrier, Dennis Basso, without telling their viewers who he is is morally wrong and b) the phenomenal postage charges and bullying people for using the no-quibble guarantee that they themselves pushed on air was an appalling way to behave. So I gave up. 100%. This however left me needing to source my products from other sources.

A friend of mine recommended The Body Shop and I just wanted to say how impressed I have been. Their bath products are glorious and much cheaper - I adore their Satsuma range which is fabulously fruity. Their make up is also fantastic and great value for money. Added to which they often do money off codes, current one is 25%, plus 3 for 2 offers etc

I have found it a really great alternative , the products aren't cheap but they are cheaper than the luxury brands which in honesty looking back, I can't believe how much money I was spending on things that I was down a drain or wipe off my face at the end of the day. If anybody is looking for an alternative to the QVC brands then I wanted to give The Body Shop a recommendation :)

Tis funny you mention The Body Shop because I went in there for the first time in while,about 2 days ago.
I love their Satsuma body butter,but a whole tub usually only lasts me about 10 days and at 12 bux a pop,it's a bit pricey for me.

However,they have just recently launched a new Organic anti-age range,called Nutriganics and the ingredient list is akin to ..errrm A'kin.

They have a day cream,night cream,serum,eye-cream and a few other bits and pieces.One of the sales people raved about the eye-cream but I don't have a problem in that area so left that.
I did purchase the night cream and the serum.I like to use night creams in the daytime too,so that is a personal preference,the consistency of the day cream is light,for those of you who prefer that texture.

At the moment they are doing a buy one product,get the other at 50% off.So my two products came to £19.Night cream is 50ml and the serum is 25ml I believe.

THE RESULTS???

After ONE day of use,I can see a clear difference,could be that my skin is just excited at the new ingredients as your skin can get bored or used to the same things,so it could be that,however I see a radiance in my skin which I haven't seen for some months,so my skin obviously likes this cocktail of ingredients.

Would recommend!

You can ask for a sample if you just wanna test drive the range I reckon.

Latest posts

Back