The Christmas Shop TSV 01/10/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have boxes of decs from previous years in the garage, and having seen the 'offerings' in Dunelms/Range/ garden centres already, I'm glad I've hung on to my stash. They are all the same - just coloured balls, hardly anything different for the christmas tree - yes there are plastic ballerinas and flying reindeer, but I've got beautifully dressed fairy dolls / decorative ladies heads / repo retro metal miniatures / miniature boxes of presents, etc all bought in the last few years, but there is nothing like that now. I'm sure if I gave them to the charity shop they'd get snapped up, but I'd rather have them on display all year than give them away.

I have an open plan lounge / kit /diner - long before it became fashionable, but have little room available for a full tree, so I have a half tree which I can put behind a sofa or stand in the bay window behind a table.

4ft tree £198.00 plus £10.00 postage. Ridiculous. Looks like the 6ft has sold out. 5 easy pays so your still paying for it in the summer. What on earth is our Lady wearing she looks like a 1960's astronaut.

I have boxes of decs from previous years in the garage, and having seen the 'offerings' in Dunelms/Range/ garden centres already, I'm glad I've hung on to my stash. They are all the same - just coloured balls, hardly anything different for the christmas tree - yes there are plastic ballerinas and flying reindeer, but I've got beautifully dressed fairy dolls / decorative ladies heads / repo retro metal miniatures / miniature boxes of presents, etc all bought in the last few years, but there is nothing like that now. I'm sure if I gave them to the charity shop they'd get snapped up, but I'd rather have them on display all year than give them away.

I have an open plan lounge / kit /diner - long before it became fashionable, but have little room available for a full tree, so I have a half tree which I can put behind a sofa or stand in the bay window behind a table.

Never heard of a 1/2 tree before, would be ideal for behind a sofa, also the sofa could be pushed back further towards the wall.

If you want an expensive tree just buy it just before Christmas as cheap as chips or even cheaper in the january sale

Never heard of a 1/2 tree before, would be ideal for behind a sofa, also the sofa could be pushed back further towards the wall.

I wasn't going to bother this year, but if I do that's what I thought I might do - bring the sofa forward from the wall and put the tree behind it.

In case you think I completely ignore Christmas, from my earlier post, because I don’t have a Christmas tree or hang decorations everywhere, I do bring down a Nordic Father Christmas and one of the Festive traditional Santa Claus from QVC and stand them in the lounge. 😉 I also have rice lights in lanterns dotted around. I left our tree and all the decorations with the ex when I moved out and haven’t bought one …… yet. 😉

I have a beautiful little tree about 10 inches high I put in the hallway on a small lamp table. I use battery lights its so beautiful. I also put those long prelit garland up the bannister and put on extra holly stakes. I cant wait!

There speaks the voice of sense. My tree came from Grattan catalogue and it cost £50 back in the day which was massive. Not pre-lit. I say every year for the past 10 I'm going to replace it but then I don't have the heart. It would be like rehoming your 15 year old dog wouldn't it? I would never ever ever do that btw (unfortunately none of my dogs have got to 15 :cry:)

CC
My dearest Westie will have her 15th birthday next month. I have owned many dogs over the years, but none has reached 15. It is her breed, however, and not unusual for them to have long, healthy lives. And, being a Scots lassie.

Mr CC's sister had Westies and they were really lovely dogs. Actually I'd have any dog if it needed me.

CC

Latest posts

Back