The CS person has made me mad!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

caretodiffer

Registered Shopper
On 6.10. 15, I ordered a Ronen Chen silk scarf at a reduced price of £53.55 . When it came, it did not warrant the price, it looked like something you could pick up from a bargain basket at an Indian bazaar and it had threads pulled and altogether , not an item to be sold at that price.:mysmilie_10:

I rang customer service and a nice lady promised to send me a return slip .

I had waited a few days for the return slip to arrive and then I forgot about it for a few days.

Today I rang again to remind them and this person asked why I wanted to return it, when I explained, saying I had not received the promised slip, she told me that the 30 days MB is over.:headbang: (what has that to do with a faulty item, the slip not been sent and I had rung them well within the 30 days!!)
She said, " just this time I will send you a slip" Her tone was as if she did not believe I had rung them earlier and she was doing me a big favour.:mysmilie_51:
That really got me mad. :devil:
I told them it was not my fault if they they had forgotten to send me the slip, or had not made a note about it.
I also said I did not like her tone! :mysmilie_10:
I asked for her name and all at once her attitude changed:wink:
I told my OH about the CS person, expecting some sympathy :mysmilie_853:....all I got was," how many times have I told you not to order anything from QVC !"

I will think twice before ordering anything from them again.

Anyway, I feel better now after all the ranting , thanks :mysmilie_508:for listening

The 30 day MBG is irrelevant if the complaint concerns the quality of the item and your complaint is that it was damaged on receipt. Nevertheless, the snotty madam on the end of the phone clearly deserved to get what for, so well done.

in the days when I used to buy A LOT...and sent back my fair share...I could never be bothered to wait for the slip...like you say it never materialises without constant hounding.Although when I did receive them eventually I kept a couple "in stock" for when I needed them next.

All calls are recordered so you should've gave the jobs worth the time and date to prove when you rang requesting a return, when I used to shop with QVC, before I closed my account over two years ago, I had my fair share of CS staff who don't believe in the term "the customer is always right". I even had one woman call me a liar once and when she double checked, had to eat a whole lorra humble pie, and it wasn't "The Real Pie Company's" either I can assure you. Best move I ever made that was though closing my account, saved me a whole lot of money and hassle.

in the days when I used to buy A LOT...and sent back my fair share...I could never be bothered to wait for the slip...like you say it never materialises without constant hounding.Although when I did receive them eventually I kept a couple "in stock" for when I needed them next.

I used to post them back myself, or most of the time ,but if they were boxed or heavy items, (but not heavy enough for them to pick up) I could not be bothered to spend more postage and keep them hidden at the back of the wardrobe, I have wasted so much money that way.

I only ring them up when I am not happy with items or annoyed with their service...such as the time when I was sent an expensive top with elbow creases ,another time, it was a Yong Kim dress with a P&P of nearly £7 but it was in a blue plastic bag, pushed through the letterbox and of course very greased in the process,(it looked almost like a crinkle top which I don't like,):doh: another top with BO , a coat with collar stains and once I was sent a used and washed top!!
Once I was sent a pair of Emu boots with long grey hair in them ( I just could not justify them sending returned items to customers before checking them out.) They replaced them with another pair with the previous customer's complaint that they were too small for her:mysmilie_17:

They then apologise profusely.

The scarf is feather light, it would have saved myself the hassle had I posted back without the slip. I rang to complain about the quality of the scarf for the price it was sold.
Most of the CS personnel are quite nice, but the odd one spoils their good name.

On 6.10. 15, I ordered a Ronen Chen silk scarf at a reduced price of £53.55 . When it came, it did not warrant the price, it looked like something you could pick up from a bargain basket at an Indian bazaar and it had threads pulled and altogether , not an item to be sold at that price.:mysmilie_10:

I had waited a few days for the return slip to arrive and then I forgot about it for a few days.

Today I rang again to remind them and this person asked why I wanted to return it, when I explained, saying I had not received the promised slip, she told me that the 30 days MB is over.:headbang: (what has that to do with a faulty item, the slip not been sent and I had rung them well within the 30 days!!)
She said, " just this time I will send you a slip" Her tone was as if she did not believe I had rung them earlier and she was doing me a big favour.:mysmilie_51:
I told them it was not my fault if they they had forgotten to send me the slip, or had not made a note about it.
I told my OH about the CS person, expecting some sympathy :mysmilie_853:....all I got was," how many times have I told you not to order anything from QVC !"

Anyway, I feel better now after all the ranting , thanks :mysmilie_508:for listening

Having worked in call centres myself, I too have been at the end of these queries from customers, the problem is you have to rely on people in the contact centre to enter notes with regards to the call, unfortunately this is not always the case and doesn't happen all the time, as such it is the customers word against the information on the screen, as call centre agents we have to rely on what is on the computer. Not what people want to hear but unfortunately that is the constraints that we had to work with. Whilst the adage 'the customer is always right', should ring true with regards to the call centres I worked in, it was not always the case.

All calls are recordered so you should've gave the jobs worth the time and date to prove when you rang requesting a return, when I used to shop with QVC, before I closed my account over two years ago, I had my fair share of CS staff who don't believe in the term "the customer is always right". I even had one woman call me a liar once and when she double checked, had to eat a whole lorra humble pie, and it wasn't "The Real Pie Company's" either I can assure you. Best move I ever made that was though closing my account, saved me a whole lot of money and hassle.

I wonder if it was the same woman. You understand how I felt . I suppose they have their fair share of people lying, and maybe she bad day, but like you said the customer is always right unless they have sure proof, and they must not take their bad day on customers. They are called " Customer Service"

I did ask her to check if there was some sort of note, regarding the scarf. I also mentioned it was a lady who sorted out something for me, ...I had returned an item, they said they had not received it, would I send them proof of posting which I did and weeks passed and my money was not refunded and when I rang to inquire, that lady said it arrived THAT day!!

I only started shopping a lot with them since my second chemo.. though I don't need a wheelchair, I need someone with me for confidence and as most ladies know how their OHs are impatient with female shopping (even though they can spend hours electronic shopping or reading wine labels :happy: ) Mine constantly says.." you don't need it, you have one similar to it at home " sadly he is right most of the time.

I love shopping,.... before I used to spend hours shopping and /or window shopping, now I can spend hours online window shopping or watching QVC.
I do not watch QVC as I used to, but I have spent a lot with them and when I go shopping on the dreaded high street, I realise how terribly high QVC prices are, compared to similar items in the shops.

Last month, I saw a top in Asda, it was 95% viscose and 5 % elastane , very similar fashion to Young Kim or Join clothes, reduced to £ 5 !! I had this cold feeling inside me , realising how much I had paid for the Yong Kim top. I have decided not to be tempted by Yong Kim again.

You should have asked the CS person if she got her refund from the Charm School.

careto, if you like this style, it's worth keeping a lookout in Asda, as I've noticed in my own local branch they often have tops similar to YK ones.
I wonder if it was the same woman. You understand how I felt . I suppose they have their fair share of people lying, and maybe she bad day, but like you said the customer is always right unless they have sure proof, and they must not take their bad day on customers. They are called " Customer Service"

I did ask her to check if there was some sort of note, regarding the scarf. I also mentioned it was a lady who sorted out something for me, ...I had returned an item, they said they had not received it, would I send them proof of posting which I did and weeks passed and my money was not refunded and when I rang to inquire, that lady said it arrived THAT day!!

I only started shopping a lot with them since my second chemo.. though I don't need a wheelchair, I need someone with me for confidence and as most ladies know how their OHs are impatient with female shopping (even though they can spend hours electronic shopping or reading wine labels :happy: ) Mine constantly says.." you don't need it, you have one similar to it at home " sadly he is right most of the time.

I love shopping,.... before I used to spend hours shopping and /or window shopping, now I can spend hours online window shopping or watching QVC.
I do not watch QVC as I used to, but I have spent a lot with them and when I go shopping on the dreaded high street, I realise how terribly high QVC prices are, compared to similar items in the shops.

Last month, I saw a top in Asda, it was 95% viscose and 5 % elastane , very similar fashion to Young Kim or Join clothes, reduced to £ 5 !! I had this cold feeling inside me , realising how much I had paid for the Yong Kim top. I have decided not to be tempted by Yong Kim again.

qvc are a pain with returns. and its deliberate to stop you returning stuff. i have bought quite a few things recently and i am appalled at some of the quality of the goods for the price. there is no way in hell they would be able to sell them in the shops where you would get a chance to see the poor workmanshio first hand.

i bought some school gloves for my grandaughter on amazon from a seller. it came within two days by courier. well wrapped with a freepost returns sticky label. these two pairs of gloves cost £3 inc postage. its a small order but big on customer service. for the high price qvc charge for postage you should always get a free returns label and 24 hour delivery as standard. i dont think we should have to beg for free returns if we dont like something

careto, if you like this style, it's worth keeping a lookout in Asda, as I've noticed in my own local branch they often have tops similar to YK ones.

Thank you HM :mysmilie_508: I do like that style, I do not like anything clingy .I do not like the shark-bites some designers (Anttony, Rene etc) do because all they do is add more bulk on the hips with extra fabric, I like Yong Kim (the tops made of modal fabric) because she adds extra material , but they are fashioned in such a way so they do not cling on the hips, but away and they give a feminine swing rather than a unbecoming cling :nod:.
The modal is lovely on the skin. Yong Kim's modal fabric is far superior to those of Henfrey London. YK has started using jersey and other materials and yet her prices remain high...which is not right. Her cut and the alignment of patterns are really good, so we expect high prices but not so high as some of her clothes.
The top I saw in Asda was good, a lot nicer than the Henfrey London tops I had bought off QVC. , it was made better too.
I had bought 157778, a pack of 2 , which worked out to be £ 26 each (I could have bought 5 Asda tops and have change):mysmilie_487:
Of course I did not buy it as I already had the Henfrey London tops.

some of the yong kim tops and dresses are very well made and have clever cuts. they never fall apart but are expensive but e bay is a good source of bargains

They sell silk scarves very cheaply on TJC sometimes. There is a horrible little man called Amit who touts his wares with all the geniality of a fishwife! Probably QVC sourced your scarf from the same supplier Amit gets his.

Having worked in call centres myself, I too have been at the end of these queries from customers, the problem is you have to rely on people in the contact centre to enter notes with regards to the call, unfortunately this is not always the case and doesn't happen all the time, as such it is the customers word against the information on the screen, as call centre agents we have to rely on what is on the computer. Not what people want to hear but unfortunately that is the constraints that we had to work with. Whilst the adage 'the customer is always right', should ring true with regards to the call centres I worked in, it was not always the case.

A phone call put through to a presenter by way of a gushing recommendation for whatever item is on air then a swift "your customer services called me a liar" before being cut off should put the cat amongst the pigeons. Which presenter would you prefer?

A phone call put through to a presenter by way of a gushing recommendation for whatever item is on air then a swift "your customer services called me a liar" before being cut off should put the cat amongst the pigeons. Which presenter would you prefer?

Oh boy that had me roaring as I could just picture the shock on the presenters face and the sheer panic that would suddenly descend in the studio and gallery.

I often wonder how the more expensive 'designers' can get away with the prices they do do, I am even more skeptic when in the case of Yong Kim and Join clothes most of the presenters seem to have at least one piece of each of these lines. It is just that the fabrics that they are used, as you yourself found can be obtained far cheaper not only in the high-street but at the supermarket also. I know that the fabric 'modal' is the must have fabric (I think Liz Claybourne) used it in her line of clothing, I got a top very similar to the one that she designed, for a fraction of the price. I think the reason why they have the designers they do is that because they are American/Canadian they can go on about how wonderfully 'exotic' they are and how the QVC UK have got exclusive rights, thus the exclusivity bumps the price up. What it could mean in reality is no-one else wants the 'tat' (maybe slightly too strong), that they are selling.

I often wonder how the more expensive 'designers' can get away with the prices they do do, I am even more skeptic when in the case of Yong Kim and Join clothes most of the presenters seem to have at least one piece of each of these lines. It is just that the fabrics that they are used, as you yourself found can be obtained far cheaper not only in the high-street but at the supermarket also. I know that the fabric 'modal' is the must have fabric (I think Liz Claybourne) used it in her line of clothing, I got a top very similar to the one that she designed, for a fraction of the price. I think the reason why they have the designers they do is that because they are American/Canadian they can go on about how wonderfully 'exotic' they are and how the QVC UK have got exclusive rights, thus the exclusivity bumps the price up. What it could mean in reality is no-one else wants the 'tat' (maybe slightly too strong), that they are selling.

Exclusive and designer many brands may claim to be... but check where they are made. I often go around street markets in India and see clothes made for famous name manufacturers. Most of the so-called designer brands have their clothes made in sweat shops in the third world, so on QVC and elsewhere you are paying a huge mark-up from the cost of manufacture.

Trouble is, they're on a few seconds' delay so your call would just be edited out or they'd have "lost" it.

So I'm not the only one then, wish I'd thought of that. :mysmilie_14:

Latest posts

Back