The end of the line?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sorry to be bearer of bad news, but i don't think this is the happy news you think it is. That's the old Ideal Shopping Direct ltd that's going into admin, not the Ideal World Ltd were watching today.

I'm not 100% sure what's going on, not a business or accountant person, but i'm guessing, Hamish Morjaria only bought the Ideal TV channel and web site part of the business (without the debt) from Ideal Shopping Direct ltd and that Ideal Shopping Direct ltd still technically existed and kept all the debt that they had accumulated. Hamish Morjaria then incorporated the IW Shopping channel with his Brandchests Ltd then changed it's name to Ideal World Ltd. The original Ideal Shopping Direct, which kept all the debt is the one which has gone into admin.

Old IW - Ideal Shopping Direct Ltd

New IW - Ideal World Ltd

What is interesting is the list of creditors, some interesting names on the list, if you follow the following link below, then look click on the "view PDF" for Statement of affairs with form AM02SOA on the 13th Oct 2022, it will give you the list . ;)

Hi Duke just noticed this post from you, my gosh it has been very informative. I only wish I had known about ShoppingTelly before it would have saved me a lot of unessasary upset & I would never have placed order.

I'd try looking on the internet what your rights are so if they ring up threatening you can quote exactly your rights to them.
Personally I would
A ask if telephone calls are recorded and say you are noting the date and time of the call if so.
B ask for everything discussed to be forwarded in writing in case you have cause to contact a lawyer in Consumer Rights.
There is a site on Google called Just Answer.Co.Uk that will answer questions regarding Consumer Rights.

Hi Patsy, only just saw your great reply. I am still getting my head arround navigating Shopping Telly being a newby on here. Thank you for the most helpfull reply to my nightmare. I will check out Just Answer.Co.Uk we will also try to get access to the original telephone recording with the c/s stating that as the goods had not been sent out that was on 27th June he would e-mail wearhouse and cancell the order. I had placed the order on the 20th June why it was still sitting in IW wearhouse not sent out was odd. Then they said on the 28th by e-mail they stated it had been picked up by courier, strange the courier confirmed they had not picked it up untill the 29th, 2 days later! Thanks once again for your help.

Hi Patsy, only just saw your great reply. I am still getting my head arround navigating Shopping Telly being a newby on here. Thank you for the most helpfull reply to my nightmare. I will check out Just Answer.Co.Uk we will also try to get access to the original telephone recording with the c/s stating that as the goods had not been sent out that was on 27th June he would e-mail wearhouse and cancell the order. I had placed the order on the 20th June why it was still sitting in IW wearhouse not sent out was odd. Then they said on the 28th by e-mail they stated it had been picked up by courier, strange the courier confirmed they had not picked it up untill the 29th, 2 days later! Thanks once again for your help.
Hope it is of some use. Please let us all know how you get on and good luck.

Hope it is of some use. Please let us all know how you get on and good luck.
Will do Patsy, how the heck have they been allowed to trade right up to last minute taking orders and I wonder if I right to Telivision broadcasting authority, to hear they are up and running on 813 between 6pm to 12 am under a new banner is alarming to say the least. I read 4 of long term presenters that have been retained? The not so Ideal nightmare starts all over again!!!

Latest posts

Back