The Huntley - where has she gone ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sadly, that's not the way of the world and no amount of legislation is going to change human nature. You'll always get the ones (as aforesaid) who are arrogant enough to say whatever they want, how they want, to whoever they want, and sod everyone else. That's why I agree with Twilight and Brissles - somehow I need to first find the reserves in myself and if I can't after trying, then I can only hope that some kind soul will take pity on me and support me. But support shouldn't be the first and only option - I am that option and this is something that I've also learned the very hard way. Poor little me (with no support back in the day) was never going to be the way out for me. Lesson one well learned and applied.

Simon Wilson was incredibly rude with her some weeks ago and to be honest if that had been me I would have told him to shut up and stop being a ... “. As Catherine was being paid though she had had no choice other than stand there and take it. Yes I know they all get pad well for what they do and there are massive perks to the job but if it means having to stand there taking condescending s**t from up themselves designers/guests then they can keep their job.
He is so ill mannered to all the presenters he works with. However, I think it's water on a duck's back for most of them. They must all receive rude messages from viewers, so they've developed thick skins. This doesn't excuse Wilson for his slum manners, however. Obnoxious man.

He is so ill mannered to all the presenters he works with. However, I think it's water on a duck's back for most of them. They must all receive rude messages from viewers, so they've developed thick skins. This doesn't excuse Wilson for his slum manners, however. Obnoxious man.
You have to wonder: how hard is it to at least ACT like a decent human being on air?

Simon Wilson was incredibly rude with her some weeks ago and to be honest if that had been me I would have told him to shut up and stop being a ... “. As Catherine was being paid though she had had no choice other than stand there and take it. Yes I know they all get pad well for what they do and there are massive perks to the job but if it means having to stand there taking condescending s**t from up themselves designers/guests then they can keep their job.
What happened here?

I feel for Catherine its very hard dealing with your mum who is ill specially if they are of a certain age.
If her Mom is ill......She may be, but no one knows for sure the reason for Chunts' absense.

Yes Twilight, I think women like our Grandmothers faced incredible hardship and could only dream about the lifestyle we have today. My gran married a miner in the 1920s, the old sort who polished the front step, baked her own bread, wore a wrap around pinny all day and being the eldest of 13 would deal with all the issues her siblings brought to her. Most of us would have long crumbled with life in those days, - no time to be mentally ill, if they did it was off to the asylum ! Nowawadays its all about 'pressure' that causes heart attacks, anxiety and the inability to cope.
We need more Gran's like yours.

I quite like the way he puts them in their place
Indeed. It's so entertaining.....

What's entertaining to someone watching will be awful for the more vulnerable. But that's the job they chose for the money and perks that go with it. Being in the public eye and having to work with people they either don't like or who are better at asserting themselves or even bullying them in full view of the public, is something very few consider before taking on the job, I'm sure. In that job, you have to put up and shut up on air, but I for one would have a "word" afterwards if I wasn't happy, and to hell with the job. I wouldn't last past my first show.

I saw that show where he was ****** rude to Catherine and I do recall her saying she couldn't wait to get into her PJ's and slippers - in other words "this guy is such hard work and I'd rather be anywhere than here". Simon Wilson should buck up, manners cost nothing and she was trying to help sell his shite jewellery.

So why so mean on Q?
I reckon the hosts gush over him & treat him like som esort of celeb. I bet he demands his OWN dressing room & special flowers etc. I suspect the 'niceness' in his shop is so phoney. Also, maybe th e stuff he sells there is less Blackpool gift shop/MIC/Pat Butcher - ie costs more & so he kisses arse to make money. He should play the villan when panto returns.....Evil hob goblin?

We've established who's right and who's wrong but again I ask - what are QVC doing about this appalling behaviour?

If it continues, the answer seems to be - nothing, if there's money in it for them. But they need to remember that customers have memories - and legs that can walk.

I feel uncomfortable when I watch him but not everyone will find him offensive - there are different viewpoints about his attitude on this page! The most consistently rude person I've seen on the Q was the representative from Deans Bears, he was obnoxious to the core.

Latest posts

Back