The Huntley - where has she gone ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am sure she is pleasant but at the end of the day she is paid to part you from your money. She comes across as saccharine to me but inoffensive. She does self deprocate but it could be because she laps up the luvvy omments it gets her from her fans. I actually got an invite to the beauty bash about 5 years ago but I was working the night before, so didn't go. I am sure she was lovely to the people who went but again, she was working!

I am sure she is pleasant but at the end of the day she is paid to part you from your money. She comes across as saccharine to me but inoffensive. She does self deprocate but it could be because she laps up the luvvy omments it gets her from her fans. I actually got an invite to the beauty bash about 5 years ago but I was working the night before, so didn't go. I am sure she was lovely to the people who went but again, she was working!
she was working!

Praise the Lord & that this has been pointed out! (I wimped out!) If only more people would catch on!

Hands up who's been 'nice' to some prick at work, or a chump relative....?

Everyone who is face to face with the public for their job had to appear pleasant even if it is through gritted teeth. However what we don’t do is drip with syrup and act like a drippy, ditzy teenager, telling all and sundry about our “back hedges”.

If I wouldn’t put up with it from the ladies in Marks (other retailers are available) I certainly ain’t going to take it from someone just because they are on TV, but then maybe I’m an old cynic who doesn’t take to being taken for an idiot.

I missed the start of the Molton Brown segment this morning with Gemma and Catherine H.

She (CH) looked well. Did she mention any details of her absence ?

Bet she’s relieved she’s managed the hour, must have been so nervous on her way into work this morning.

She did say she was nervous. She thanked everyone who had sent messages but gave no details about why she was away. She didnt mention getting married, nor her new husband but I did spot she wasnt wearing a wedding ring. Mind you that might have been because it was a handwashing show! Or she doesnt wear one!

She made no reference to her absence, barring thanking people for their messages. To be honest, I thought she was much more watchable than before. There was no waffling about absolutely nothing, unlike some of the other presenters. She stuck to presenting the products and didn’t monopolise proceedings. She let Jemma speak.

Thankfully she didn’t waste time reading any of them out. She just did a general “thank you.” Before her “break” she often read out tweets that said how lovely she looked etc which was very relevant (not) to what she was selling. I guess that might start again in the future. Hopefully it won’t though.

There’s another presenter who always makes sure that viewers hear complimentary tweets like that. 🙄

Everyone who is face to face with the public for their job had to appear pleasant even if it is through gritted teeth. However what we don’t do is drip with syrup and act like a drippy, ditzy teenager, telling all and sundry about our “back hedges”.

If I wouldn’t put up with it from the ladies in Marks (other retailers are available) I certainly ain’t going to take it from someone just because they are on TV, but then maybe I’m an old cynic who doesn’t take to being taken for an idiot.
Nice to see her back today.

Let's give Catherine a chance. If we were returning to work after a long absence (I have in the past), we might want people to be gentle. I know I've made catty comments (probably after a wine or two) but she might be feeling pretty daunted about returning sooooo, I'll wish her a welcome back and a best foot forward. Now no preening in the monitor Cath :LOL:

CC

So she returned and lot's of pics of a QVC night out all huddled together for pics. Surprise she has now got Covid and will be off over christmas. No mention of the boyfriend.

That’s confused me because I’ve just read Catherine’s blog from 15th December and there’s no mention of her being unwell, unless you meant someone else?

I’m not on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter so maybe that’s where you saw it.

Latest posts

Back