The Huntley - where has she gone ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I could be wrong Loopy but I think I read a while ago she became involved with that Trust after the passing of her brother. I'm not really that interested in any presenter's personal life but when I hear of anyone's sadness it strikes a chord. I noticed the presenter Lee lost his cat after 19 years just a few days before Xmas - my eldest cat went blind in November and it made me grateful at leastI still have her. I remember your post about yours too. On the candle front I've only bought one set of 3 when they first came to QVC and were very pleased with them. As Boffy says they can burn quickly depending on where they placed and if in draughts etc. With the 15% off it is good value - just a shame the only one that appealed to me was the peony one and I don't need gifts at the moment (plus I have the Yankee autodelivery coming in the new year😊😉).
Hi Mollie, I only just found this!

Thanks for the info about the grief trust - and others above - I didn’t know she had lost her brother :(

Didn’t know Lee had lost his lovely cat either...
19 years is amazing but no less painful :(

Thanks for remembering my boy, Alfie. He died the end of July and I miss him as much as the day it happened!
I had a right sob last night about it!

I think it’s just because of how very special he was to me, and the hole he’s left in my heart and home.

Sadly not well enough to have another cat atm but hope I will be at some point in 2022...

My mum has 2 of the same breed as mine was, and is getting a cocker spaniel puppy in 2 weeks (mad!!), so we keep saying I could have the boys (cats) if they can’t cope with it... as live round the corner.
But I think that would probably finish me and then off!

I’m really sorry your cat has gone blind?

I do hope she can adapt to life without sight and still enjoy things. Maybe just be much more home-based?
Good luck!

(And thanks for the candle tip too!)

I looked again at Catherine’s Instagram and she’s better from COVID and out and about...

Posted pic of her and friend at a wonderland and had to smile at some comments...!

AA264DD6-EE4C-439A-A11D-CE850B714E90.jpeg

Linda Magistris CEO/Founder Chair Of Trustees The Good Grief Trust.

I first met my partner Graham when I was in the original cast of the BBC Series, Grange Hill and he was one of our Directors and we met again 30 years later, purely by accident.

I had been running a varied portfolio of businesses over the years since we first worked together, from a Wedding Consultancy to Vintage Tea Rooms, and Graham had been working in TV and Film.

We spent the following 8 years together until he was diagnosed with a rare soft tissue sarcoma, an agressive form of cancer, and he died five and half months later.

The 3 years since his death have been enlightening and a real journey of discovery, waking up to the reality of life and death, and realising the urgent need to join the dots across the country, to bring us altogether to share our stories and to try to make things a little better for all of us who lose someone we love.
I am passionate about trying to ensure no-one falls through the net, and have dedicated the past year, to setting up this charity and I am very proud of everything we have achieved in such a short space of time.
And for me that's where it all falls down. I cannot stand people making it their business to find out my business and then trying to hug me, hold my hand, tell me it's all ok and all that happy clappy stuff. I really hate that. I've lost people and animals and the open wounds are there to this day but I don't want to "share my story" unless I feel I need to. Not everyone is interested either. Everyone's different and I'd be happy to fall through her net.

Linda has my deepest sympathies for the loss of her partner.

CC

Taken over 6 months to extract her big toe from the bath 🚰 tap.
Nothing between the ears obviously Q bosses should have a quiet word,but I doubt it,no mask in a crowd no common sense like normal people have.
Well perhaps they do need a word with the staff, as many do seem pictured out without masks.
Ali K also had an evening jaunt around the capital and is now off with Covid.

Well perhaps they do need a word with the staff, as many do seem pictured out without masks.
Ali K also had an evening jaunt around the capital and is now off with Covid.
That’s a shame, but she’s had cancer so could be particularly vulnerable.

I have 3 neighbours with a history of cancers of different types, all treated and currently “in remission” . They have been so careful all the way from the first lockdown in March 2020. Even now they are very guarded about going shopping or mingling indoors or out. They certainly wouldn’t be going for “jaunts”.

We all recognise life is short and want to make the most of every day but personally I’m still in a ‘cautious’ mode and so are most of my family, friends and neighbours.

Sorry to go off at a tangent.

Charity & voluntary work (and just doing the neighbourly thing) will be close to most of our hearts but there’s a fine line to tread to ensure necessary public awareness without sounding boastful & smug about one’s personal involvement.

PS. Having read this after posting, I want to make clear it’s not aimed at LM or CH. it’s something I’ve caught myself doing and I’ve given myself a good talking to.

Just being curious, did CH have covid or did she test positive and have to isolate? Did she get married in the absence from work & social media..or not? Personally, I couldn't care less about anyone's private life that works on TV but there is always a current topic on here about Catherine still, yet most of us know she talks a lot of hoo-hah and is all 'me, me, me, me, me'.

Perhaps she's exempt from having to wear one...just a thought 🤔

I don’t really buy that excuse in all but a very few cases - a shield visor thing would cover most cases but then unless it is covered in hearts and me me me stuff it’s hardly going to go with the image.
Like me, I can’t wear masks but have worn a visor from the start and have never caught COVID although reports were negative about visors being effective.

Latest posts

Back