The Huntley - where has she gone ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was listening to the radio earlier and someone said you can get a hard copy covid pass letter, as they call it, either by phoning 119 or going via the NHS website. So as I had been wondering how this would work if you couldn’t get an internet signal, say, (and I know several mobile black spots in Central London) and we’re holding up a queue of theatregoers, I sent off for one just now and I’ll see what I get, if anything!
We still haven’t opened fully We can get a temporary pass on line and send for a hard copy which is at least 10 days.

The lateral flow test thingies will no longer be free after this month here not sure about elsewhere so anyone wanting a pack should check it out. Mine came within 2 days and was extremely easy to order on line.

I can’t understand why they’re going to impose a vaccine passport to anyone who wants to go clubbing (certainly not me) and they’re waiting until September. Surely, as the infection rate is going up the passport should be brought in now. They were the same with closing the borders. They faffed about and in came the Delta virus. They’re also discussing introducing the passports for sporting events with 20000+ attending. Why leave things so late?
The infection rate shot up after the football.

Interview of Cummings this evening BBC2 by Laura K.

Boris said it wasn't worth having a lockdown as only the over-80s would die.
I know many who agreed with that, including my aunt & several neighbours who are all 80+ He's also said he was thinking of a coup even before covid because Bojo didn't have a plan. He doesn't look like he could organise laying a table let alone a coup, they're all mad.

I am sick and tired of listening to where we can go or rather can’t and how many hoops we have to jump through.I am sticking to breaks in the U.K. for the foreseeable future and when I get home shall not be circulating until I am confident I am COVID free so would not pass any infection on.
Last year we did a UK holiday and will do this year. I go with my family there is a lot of us and we get the men to hire and drive small coaches. I love going away but I equally love the UK for holidays to. It will be a nice way to give back to these communities the government don't care about them

I can’t understand why they’re going to impose a vaccine passport to anyone who wants to go clubbing (certainly not me) and they’re waiting until September. Surely, as the infection rate is going up the passport should be brought in now. They were the same with closing the borders. They faffed about and in came the Delta virus. They’re also discussing introducing the passports for sporting events with 20000+ attending. Why leave things so late?
I think it’s because everyone over the age of 18 would have been offered a vaccine by then. There are loads of vaccination centres though so they should be pro-active and arrange one themselves, not wait for the invite.

Here in N.I. people coming has really slowed down. Pop up vaccs everywhere even the city hall. But it seems a quite large percentage of under 30s are not coming forward.

I was chatting with someone I know on Saturday in her 20s and she had an appointment booked for the RVH but worked across from the city hall and as said to me "Can I just go over there instead?" Yes, I said. Great, lunch break she was over.

Our news last night, the hospitals are getting over run again, only one death but doctor was off for a week and 4 people in COVID ward came back Monday now 34 people in the ward on ventilators.

Interview of Cummings this evening BBC2 by Laura K.

Boris said it wasn't worth having a lockdown as only the over-80s would die.
Oh, that would be my mum then 🤬🤬 She's still alive by the way and the mere suggestion that she would be "sacrificed" because she's old would have her hiring a hitman to take down Boris lol.

CC

Yes, they still have the Common Ridings and village Civic weeks and Gala Queens. It's a bit different from Edinburgh but the Borders has a lot going for it. I was back in Edinburgh last week to meet a friend and it is changing so fast. Wall to wall people. You can get the train now from Tweedbank and it only takes 50 minutes.

CC
OOH....gala queen. How does one enter?

Oh, that would be my mum then 🤬🤬 She's still alive by the way and the mere suggestion that she would be "sacrificed" because she's old would have her hiring a hitman to take down Boris lol.

CC
Sorry for the rant !
The idea of being a “sacrificial lamb” really angers me. I’m 65 and still have a long list of things to do, places to go & people to see. Thing is at my age I’m potentially running out of time to accomplish my desires. Health, energy and finances (lack of all 3) will sooner or later confine me to a smaller life. People 30/40 years younger have time on their side, to catch up on the last 18 months and still look forward to a long future.

I've reached the stage where they all irritate the hell out of me. Anne Dawson and her "y'know" every other word, Katherine either shouts or looks disinterested, Knuckles just shouts, Alison Keenan is a gatling gun when speaking, Gabler loves to go off on a tangent about her holidays or using her spot cream, Flinty is just one blob of irritation, Craig dabbing cream on his face encourages me to change channels - and, well you know the rest.
What niggled me the other day was the guest chef selling a so called healthy grilling machine. She was demonstrating how to cook cheeseburgers. There was nothing healthy about them even though some of the fat has dripped out. The chef herself looked none too healthy either!

Well I hope you have lots of time Erics Mum. My mum is 84 and is quite formidable in the fact that in her head she's 20, she lives alone with her dog in her own home, drives her car, goes on holiday, used to be secretary of the local Rural until it disbanded and woe betide anyone that suggests she's old and feeble. I don't recall her ever being ill. Others aren't so fortunate but the mere thought of anyone "clearing the decks" of older people just appalls me.

CC

What niggled me the other day was the guest chef selling a so called healthy grilling machine. She was demonstrating how to cook cheeseburgers. There was nothing healthy about them even though some of the fat has dripped out. The chef herself looked none too healthy either!
Gail Samways by any chance? I would not eat anything she cooks as it looks awful, in fact some of it looks like slop. I don't know why they don't have the delightful Simon Brown demo'ing food and kitchen things as I would be far more likely to buy.

CC

Totally agree Catherine is an attention seeker and far too much fake niceness. No one (and I mean no one) is that nice without some kind of agenda. However, if things aren't going well then I hope things turn the corner (with no fuss and no OTT outpourings).

CC
She drips honey... Very unconvincing. Unless you are a close friend of someone, you can have no idea of their real character. What they show us about themselves on TV is purely an act.

Gail Samways by any chance? I would not eat anything she cooks as it looks awful, in fact some of it looks like slop. I don't know why they don't have the delightful Simon Brown demo'ing food and kitchen things as I would be far more likely to buy.

CC
I don't like her lava cake, either, although she raves about it. On second thoughts, maybe kids would like it. She slathers it with cream and raspberry sauce. Too rich by far.

If they are that desperate, why not buy before they go on air ????? they MUST know what products they are presenting for God's sake. I honestly don't believe they do ACTUALLY buy, its yet another sales technique - the theory that if the presenter buys it it must be good. All the excitement of "I've got mine" is just bull.......t .
It's a marketing ploy.

Latest posts

Back