The new 'wonder' product from OPI - a peelable base coat for glitters

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That does look interesting. Wonder how well it works when the glitter has been on for quite a few days. I will look forward to the reviews of the item with interest. I do like glitter varnishes but tend not to use them too often due to them being hard to remove. Thanks for the link Nicky.

Oooh I'm excited and I note Q have an OPI show on Tuesday ?! I would share the views on durability though but am often put off by the faff of removing it so this could be great

Sounds good! Every time I wrestle with removing glitter polish I vow to never use it again, and then the next time I use it I say the same thing again, etc, etc...

I got a couple of Andrea Fullerton peelable polishes for a couple of quid each from Superdrug a year or so ago having read this tip somewhere and it does work. It's not something I'd use hoping for longevity; the opposite in fact, because it means I can wear a glitter for 1 or 2 days and get rid easily. If I wanted longer wear I'd just use a normal base coat as glitter polish wears very well but soaking with the tinfoil method or with remover in a bowl works ok.

I love OPI and use many of their products.

I remember being told about this at the Beauty Bash. I have quite a few of their glitters, so I will be giving this a go, because I have trouble removing them too.

I love OPI and use many of their products.

I remember being told about this at the Beauty Bash. I have quite a few of their glitters, so I will be giving this a go, because I have trouble removing them too.

I was the one the rec'd the AF peelables - allergy issues with normal stuff but no problems with the peelables.

I know they don't last long (even shorter times if you get your hands in water for any length of time), but the ease of use is amazing. They have lasted me up to a fortnight on my toes if I use topcoat (I like the Sally Hansen ones, Megashine and Insta-Dri - as they dry through all the coats in minutes).

I love using the AF Brit Black as it makes the glitter coats really pop. If I use holos, the SH topcoat brings out the depth.

I've used the peel-offs for donkeys - Lancome in the cute round bottles and loads of colours was the first. L'Oreal had a small range of colours. Maybelline (and Lancome) had clear versions that were great basecoats for any colours. I especially loved them as they completely stopped any kind of staining.

In my quest to find new colours (the AF range isn't very big, unfortunately), I found a range called Suncoat and also came across a few ranges from Korea on eBay. I'll still be looking into the OPI range, though.

Latest posts

Back