The next fashion fad ????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
We've seen every neckline, shoulder and hemline known to woman, but I wonder if there is another 'look' that the Q stoilists might latch on to.

I've noticed in the media that many ladies are throwing a curtain over their shoulder - (like a giant nappy when burping a baby), and having seen Judi Dench and Jenni Murray wear the look for a few years, I wonder if its on the 'up'. I can imagine those brands that sell scarves for a fortune, all jumping on the bandwagon and making supersize lengths of fabric, to chuck over one shoulder.

Its not for me, as I cant see the point of it, and as I have trouble keeping a shoulder bag in place with my small sloping shoulders, so fabric would be constantly falling off. I believe its an Indian fashion, but stand to be corrected. And surprised that the woke brigade haven't been up in arms for crimes against cultural appropriation 🤭

I agree it wouldn’t be practical to wear but must admit the 2 ladies mentioned can pull it off but it needs to co ordinate the outfit not just be a tablecloth flung across any old mismatched ensemble

Some things are OK when you are sitting around or posing, well how many of us do either?The test is if something is comfortable when going about your normal life.I absolutely hate having to readjust an item of clothing all the time.

Down another track I am watching some episodes of the documentary on the fast fashion brand Misguided on my iPad. Another planet comes to mind, I call it Trash Fash. Wow am I from another age?! I am going to be an ‘Influencer‘when I grow up!

I don't mind a chiffon scarf, as long as it's not too big, and worn right a large chiffon scarf can look quite good...but I know the look Brissles is talking about and I agree,it's awful. It's power dressing for the woman of a certain age. Though I've not seen it worn on a smaller lady though I'd think it would look just as bad as it would swamp them. It adds more bulk to the larger frame, so instead of looking stunningly impactful it gives that Brunhilde look - Formidable and rather scary... that's until you look down and you'll see a balloon dress, Widow Twanky's tights and sandals that look like Cornish pasties!

Does Kathy T ever Shut Up? Haven’t seen her for ages but she is on with Glen the so called fashion expert and he can hardly get a word in for her.Umming and eeerring stuttering delivery, thinks she is an authority on what we need to wear ( as if!) a nod to this a nod to that.Totally confusing advice on sizing basically order every size until you get one that might fit. Just as well I have no interest in what they are showing I am giving a nod to the remote OFF button.

Does Kathy T ever Shut Up? Haven’t seen her for ages but she is on with Glen the so called fashion expert and he can hardly get a word in for her.Umming and eeerring stuttering delivery, thinks she is an authority on what we need to wear ( as if!) a nod to this a nod to that.Totally confusing advice on sizing basically order every size until you get one that might fit. Just as well I have no interest in what they are showing I am giving a nod to the remote OFF button.
In a word, NO.

I wish someone would put her out of her misery! She is just unwatchable, confusing herself and everyone else with sizes and colours. She really is the worst presenter. The

We've seen every neckline, shoulder and hemline known to woman, but I wonder if there is another 'look' that the Q stoilists might latch on to.

I've noticed in the media that many ladies are throwing a curtain over their shoulder - (like a giant nappy when burping a baby), and having seen Judi Dench and Jenni Murray wear the look for a few years, I wonder if its on the 'up'. I can imagine those brands that sell scarves for a fortune, all jumping on the bandwagon and making supersize lengths of fabric, to chuck over one shoulder.

Its not for me, as I cant see the point of it, and as I have trouble keeping a shoulder bag in place with my small sloping shoulders, so fabric would be constantly falling off. I believe its an Indian fashion, but stand to be corrected. And surprised that the woke brigade haven't been up in arms for crimes against cultural appropriation 🤭
Brissles, that Judy Dench look was one that started in the USA and was the thing in the 80s and 90s.

the point totally eludes me, and would drive me daft!

I love accessories, I am rarely seen without one of my scarves, my preference being aquares which are hard to get. I still have some I wore years ago. Scarves can be very flattering, and can dress any outfit.

These “curtains” are not for me!

I have 2 Liberty of London shawls, wool, beautiful prints bought back in the 80’s.I can’t remember the cost then, but today? I had a meltdown one day thinking in one of my manic clear outs I had sent them to a charity shop.No I hadn’t, they come out every Winter, love them wrapped round as scarves.

I saw her last night doing a 'later shift' because she had some rowing certificate going on in the morning, so she swapped. Lord above she never gave the stylist a chance to speak ! She kept interjecting and interrupting all the time, as though she knows better. Can you imagine Keenan and Taylor on together 😂 :eek: that would be a show worth watching for the entertainment value. She clearly wants to have her say, and I wonder how many guests throw up their hands when they come off air.

Jeez, if we the audience can moan about the awfulness of the presenters, surely to God those in authority and in the Gallery MUST be of the same mind.

Latest posts

Back