The next fashion fad ????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Its been a bone of contention every year that the tins have got smaller and smaller, despite the same retail price.

I agree with you LATI that the centres are too sweet, and the chocolate is 'gaggy' since being taken over by the 'foreigners'. Also there are no hard centres anymore, and you can forget about the ones with nuts in !

Every year I would always expect to get a box of Black Magic, but since Rowntrees gave up the ghost, the brand is nothing like the original selection. Nut cracknell, nut cluster, toffee and mallow, marzipan, all much loved centres, but its all pap now. Its the same with the Guylian and Thornton chocolates and the ilk, the centres have descriptions like "sun kissed lemons in a blend of creamy guava juice", then you find its the same claggy centre as the "strawberry delight truffle" !

The only decent chocolates for me are Charbonnel et Walker, expensive, but their Salted Caramel truffles are to die for.

The red balls (lindt?) are rather nice. Not much that can go wrong here, until someone horrid meddles. (FIU)

Lots of marzipan here in the link. Flavours I`ve never heard of before. I`m not a fan of marzipan, I prefer nutty or caramel chocolate.

Everyone stop now. All this sweet talk is going to have me off on a sordid 'Garage run' to score a midnight fix. Someone will see me & tomorrow people will point.

Fondant Creams, or Fruit Creams, I can't remember the exact name.

My Gran used to treat me to those - they were my absolute favourites. Very sweet - even to my sweet tooth. Didn't stop me eating them, though!

Quality Street at Christmas. The glorious smell when the tin was opened.

Ah, memories!

Mr L loved fondant creams. Years ago there used to be an annual Ideal Homes exhibition which had expensive admission and everything in it was either crap or overpriced (often both). There used to be a stand which sold FC priced individually and Mr L used to treat himself. This was a time when money was very tight so it was a treat. The last time we went we paid the admission only to find no stand so whilst in the past it was an expensive box of sweets that year he didn’t even have the sweets to show for it.

In a red packet with a picture of a galleon? I'm 61 & the sweets of my childhood were amazing; loved kaoli, caylie. cayli, kaylie, kayli or whatever it was called & can also remember a hard twisted 'stick' with a centre core of chocolate, a sort of artistically reversed Dime bar. I also adored Aztec - Cadburys version of Mars, Spangles & Cherry Lips 😋

Yes T, The red sleeve wrapped like real loose tobacco with a gold inner wrapping.

Liquorice! Lovely but most be hard. The last packet of liquorice all sorts were a real disappointment, too sweet and the liquorice was non existent.

A local garage sometimes has a stick of liquorice with chocolate up the centre.

although I like red stuff it’s not liquorice.

Holland and Barrett have loads of liquoric, packets or individual strips of various flavours including mint and raspberry.

Perhaps it’s going to be the cardigan showing now on Attitudes by Renee. It looks like something an American Indian would wear in the old cowboy films of yesteryear.
Kathy did say, early on today, that she would not be giving all the sizes for the items as you could find them on the website!!!! What is she there for, if not to give details of the clothing? Next, no presenters just look it up for yourselves.

Might be a good idea ... lol
It is hard for us to believe, but she should give sizes and not assume that everyone shops online or has a computer. I personally know people who fall into that category!

She rarely gives sizes, and tells people to look on the website. Isn't it amazing how its always assumed that people have access to the internet. A bit like people always assuming you have kids.

It is hard for us to believe, but she should give sizes and not assume that everyone shops online or has a computer. I personally know people who fall into that category!
She's just plain rude.
She rarely gives sizes, and tells people to look on the website. Isn't it amazing how its always assumed that people have access to the internet. A bit like people always assuming you have kids.
She's also arrogant.

Dear god! Dyson 2pm show and that Elidh Nair who I find very difficult to take to is wearing a knee length green shirt as a dress with black trainers - she looks a mess - dress and trainers are a hard look to carry off, certainly not black anyway, it’s all just wrong.

Dear god! Dyson 2pm show and that Elidh Nair who I find very difficult to take to is wearing a knee length green shirt as a dress with black trainers - she looks a mess - dress and trainers are a hard look to carry off, certainly not black anyway, it’s all just wrong.
She never gets it right, in fact she always a mess.

She's clearly a failed actress, but appears to have done the rounds of the auction channels, modelling, etc. This makes interesting reading......

I remember her on Bid tv and I liked her and I thought she was really pretty too..but since she's had her baby, she looks painfully thin / gaunt I'd say...obviously living on her nerves....could do with putting a bit of weight on...not trying to be nasty..just and observation.

Latest posts

Back