The presenters tell fibs!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was watching Peter 'Pope' Simon attempting to "present" a Woodlands leathers hour - the model in the grey leather coat looking like she wished she was anywhere but the studio, and him going bonkers over a leather coat we've all seen on umpteen occasions in the past. I couldn't stand too much of it, but his whole "presentation" while I was watching consistent of half-words and half-sentences, the "will you look at this" and telling us how wonderful the coat would look if you wear it with a pash mita (think he meant a pashmina). How is this bloke a presenter? He squeaks and shouts, waves his arms around and puts on excruciating looks of faux amazement. He is an absolute twit, IMO, and my cat would make a better presenter.

Oh, I agree, IW still have the remnants of what used to be a pretty decent shopping channel, it's just the diabolical presenters that they've drafted in of late that's damaging everything that was ever good about them! So lets pick out something good about them, ok Flexipay...then one of the goons will quote the flexipay installment price as if it's the full price, someone could get mislead and they know it! Seriously, if that channel stands any chance of survival they need to throw out most of their presenters, especially the ex bid ones!

PS is really shocking he frequently will say its the price of the flexipay without mentioning its the flexipay totally misleading and disgraceful selling tactics how this channel gets away with it is beyond me.

Lots of presenters on IW and QVC emphasise the flexipay payments rather than state the full price of an item. IW are slightly worse I believe as only a few presenters actually give the full price clearly.I have watched presentations where the full price was never stated at all. I find this so infuriating. Not only is this presuming everyone will pay by way of instalments but more seriously is misleading as to the price of items.How indeed do they get away with it?On create and craft is a similar story where they tend to announce c&c club price and not actual price.Some presenters say both but some just the lower price.I am sure in law there must be something to say this is a form of misrepresentation as some people could surely be confused by the different price said to the ones on screen. The main one they say should surely be the full price and it should also be written clearly .Flexipay might make some people buy more and feel happy to do so because it sounds less at the time,but I think most people are sensible enough to know they still have to pay for everything . images-2.jpeg

Last edited:
The presenters tell fibs........and so do the models

Sheeeeel: wearing the Reflections dip hem top.........'I don't know Peter, I think this could be a viscose actually.....' all she had to do was turn the hem up and look at the label, which states.....

95% Polyester, 5% Elastane

Latest posts

Back