The Real Pie Company - any bakers here?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Retrovertigo

Registered Shopper
Just saw a clip of whatshisface from The Real Pie Company saying how many pies they make by hand per day. My quick maths calculated that the 8 people make roughly 1.5 pies per minute. That is based on an 8 hour day and not including lunch hour or any other breaks.

And isn't 6,000 pies (I think that is what he said) rather a lot for what he describes as a larger version of a typical kitchen?

Ordered their pies when they first started mine were really small and two tiny 3mm pieces of chicken with a teaspoon of a white sauce. The fact the pies varied so much makes me believe they were made all over the place some were crammed to the crust theres like mine "were just crust"

When his first 'real' company went to the wall there were many companies they outsourced to that suffered financially. I think Brett's creepy & the photos that get shown of their kitchen, worthy of a glossy homes magazine, annoy the wotsit out of me.

They are just jumping on the food delivered to your door bandwagon.I visited my local supermarket early this a.m calm as usual, well stocked with everyone keeping their distance.Is this the lull when the hoarders are working through their stockpile, and getting ready for round 2?

Just saw a clip of whatshisface from The Real Pie Company saying how many pies they make by hand per day. My quick maths calculated that the 8 people make roughly 1.5 pies per minute. That is based on an 8 hour day and not including lunch hour or any other breaks.

And isn't 6,000 pies (I think that is what he said) rather a lot for what he describes as a larger version of a typical kitchen?
I would think their definition of hand made is a bit loose.

They are just jumping on the food delivered to your door bandwagon.I visited my local supermarket early this a.m calm as usual, well stocked with everyone keeping their distance.Is this the lull when the hoarders are working through their stockpile, and getting ready for round 2?
lol sounds like round two coming shortly:Giant Haystacks and Mick Mcnannis

lol sounds like round two coming shortly:Giant Haystacks and Mick Mcnannis
Boffy you just brought back happy memories of Saturday afternoons watching wrestling with my late dad, was a bloke named Kent Walton the commentator?

When the programme finished dad would cycle to the next village and get fish and chips for supper, such happy innocent times I'm sorry that children these days will not have those types of memories.

When his first 'real' company went to the wall there were many companies they outsourced to that suffered financially. I think Brett's creepy & the photos that get shown of their kitchen, worthy of a glossy homes magazine, annoy the wotsit out of me.

I agree he gives me the heebee jeebees too especially in that advert with him and his husband (who also gives me the creeps) Makes me laugh though when he says their kitchen is just like a normal kitchen but bigger er......yeah Brett love, that’s called a factory.

my dad loved his wrestling got a bit too involved lol...I could see it was a set up...but not my dad....hilarious!
The Queen Mother loved it too - Saturday afternoon, gin & Dubonnet in hand while shouting "Go orn, get him in a half nelson" 🤼‍♂️

Aaah Saturday afternoon wrestling followed by checking the football pools coupon. My Mum loved the wrestling especially the tag matches. Saturday was the only day of the week that Mum didn`t make a cooked evening meal. She`d go to the local market and buy cold meats, pork pies, fresh baps and salad plus a large fresh cream sponge cake.
We had an oval coffee table with a glass top and under the top was a large photo of a mountain scene. Big plates of sandwiches and sliced pork pie and a bowl of salad would be put on the coffee table and we kids thought it was great because we didn`t have to sit on proper chairs at a proper table and eat with knives and forks and the telly would always be turned off whilst we did so. Saturday was Mum`s night off and she could sit shouting at the telly when one wrestler took a swipe at another wrestler whilst the ref`s back was turned. All staged as someone said earlier but Mum loved it, was totally engrossed and we`d giggle at her.
The she`d check the football coupon, licking the tip of her pencil before she marked off how many points she`d got and every week she`d declare it was a waste of money and she wasn`t going to do the coupon again but she always did. The coupon would be screwed up and chucked onto the coal fire, the pencil would find it`s way back into her pinny pocket and the dishes would be washed before dad was dispatched to the off licence for one bottle of Mackinson, one Cherry B and 1/4 lb of sweets for each of us. Saturday night treat because we didn`t get sweets, cream cake or to eat off a plate whilst sitting on the sofa on any other day of the week.

Latest posts

Back