The Sun

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

QVC has become predictable and boring.

TSVs from the same companies, (yes Elemis and Gatineau I'm looking at you) come around every two to three weeks.

Jewellery is mostly EEK, Lola Rose or tat of the quality that can bought from market stalls for pennies.

Fashion is acres of shapeless polyester.

Sadly the days of innovative different products demonstrated by knowledgeable BAs and well prepared presenters are long gone.

During the past twelve months most of the older age groups (QVC's core demographic) have stayed home and many have discovered that there is a whole new world of safe online shopping out there that offers better quality, better value and is more convenient.

Like you shopper I suspect that their viewing figures are declining. The poor selection of presenters can’t help. It all started to go wrong when someone decided it would be a good idea to get Presenters to embrace social media. Some were reluctant at first but they finally made the move. Big Mistake. At that point they began to believe they were interesting and possibly even celebrities. Julia Roberts became like a pantomime act, gurning, arms waving, flicking of hair, fake laughter. Debbie Flint became even fuller of herself and publicity hungry vlogging and blogging like crazy. Most of the others followed their example and so the decline accelerated. That’s how I see it. The presenters can’t see that they are ensuring the beginning of the end. They would do well to watch the Create and Craft presenters at work. They present the product in a professional manner, engage with the guest, talk about the product and the demonstrations. It’s never about them and they never give the impression that it’s their show.

Spot on, absolutely spot on.

Back when Adam was a lad I was watching a Kirks Folly two hour special with Steve Whatley who was having a lovely time with Jenniefer* Kirk. Towards the end of the show there was a a double set of earrings, two stars & two crescent moons, they were in one of the original material covered boxes & they were beautiful. I rang, waited, got cut off & went through the whole procedure a few times until I got through & managed to get one of the last sets. My delight, & that of my two little girls, was genuine but I can't imagine that happens very much now unless the person's a die hard Q groupie. The earrings are as good now as they were when I received them, I still love them & always wear them as a mismatched pair.
*Why do Americans change the spellings of so many names?

Like many have said - Gone are all the brands that you can't readily buy over here. All the innovative household products have been replaced by expensive branded products that are readily available to buy over here (for the same price or cheaper). Anything innovative from them, these days is a piece of cheap plastic tat most people can live without. Skincare is down to a couple of brands, again readily available over here - and when I say cheaper, I also mean more conveniently from companies who'll give next day delivery for less than you'd pay Q to send something a week later.
The fashion department is a disgrace and needs a complete overhaul.

With the potential power of their ability to ship large numbers of products for a brand in a short space of time, Q should have the ability to innovate, to show leadership. They just don't bother and chase after the same products sold everywhere else and easily obtainable with a better price, better service or both and with the likes of Klarna entering the market, paying in installments is no longer tied to the retailer. All this has been going on with the "leadership" of Q seemingly asleep at the wheel. When any organisation appears to be doing a poor job, look at the top. That's where the problems truly come from.

Q could be more ethical, if they wanted to...and they do need to. Attitudes are changing among consumers of all generations.

I am not sure how much of a free rein Q UK has, as unfortunately I think Q in the US conflates their customers with UK customers... they think if the US is agog for something, UK will be the same...so we get crumbs from the US table...and for brands sold both sides of the pond that means we aren't really catered for at all.
Q UK doesn't have enough purchasing power to get a good deal, as we see time and time again.

If I hear Debbie F tell us once more that items jump out of our baskets after ‘about 20 minutes’ I will put in a complaint. She knows d@MN well it’s 30 mins.
As an experiment I put a random item in my basket at least an hour ago, I just logged back in and took the purchase as far as I could before I had to confirm payment and the item was in still in the basket.

As an experiment I put a random item in my basket at least an hour ago, I just logged back in and took the purchase as far as I could before I had to confirm payment and the item was in still in the basket.
Perhaps it only applies to items that are actually on air at the time

Sometimes it stays for days others it’s out in 30 mins. If you want to think about it for over 30 mins just stick something else in after 25 and then again later . The time resets after each addition. just remember to delete the ones you don’t want!

I had an email last year telling me that my item was still in my basket and had I forgotten to check out. Intrigued, I went into my account and my basket was empty which was no surprise to me because I hadn’t ordered anything. 🙄

I also received an email asking me to complete the QVC customer satisfaction survey today which I did and I sent back. They gave the option of asking why I’d put a particular score ...... so I told them 😉

Ooh never thought of that.. I'll 'pop' whatever tat they're selling right now in my basket and see what happens, can you tell I'm a tad bored?
It's still in there, I'll leave it in there to fester, I do not need a Kelly Hoppen greige colour tray.
I had an email last year telling me that my item was still in my basket and had I forgotten to check out. Intrigued, I went into my account and my basket was empty which was no surprise to me because I hadn’t ordered anything. 🙄

I also received an email asking me to complete the QVC customer satisfaction survey today which I did and I sent back. They gave the option of asking why I’d put a particular score ...... so I told them 😉
I occasionally get the survey but it won't load so I don't get the chance to vent my spleen.

Just dipped in whilst I was clearing up in the kitchen to see an absolutely hideous Lola Rose monstrosity - beads with a big chunky square with dangly bits hanging off it and they were asking £108 & £5.95 postage - It was down from £135. I don't care whether the stones are semi precious - nobody could tell by looking at it....It could be any old type of resin and looks as though it could've cost anything between a fiver and £15 !
You could buy yourself a really lovely piece of proper jewellery for that sort of money. Why do people buy into this sh*t?!!!

Just dipped in whilst I was clearing up in the kitchen to see an absolutely hideous Lola Rose monstrosity - beads with a big chunky square with dangly bits hanging off it and they were asking £108 & £5.95 postage - It was down from £135. I don't care whether the stones are semi precious - nobody could tell by looking at it....It could be any old type of resin and looks as though it could've cost anything between a fiver and £15 !
You could buy yourself a really lovely piece of proper jewellery for that sort of money. Why do people buy into this sh*t?!!!
Oh I am so glad that you have said that! Every time we happen upon a Lola Rose show Mr Twirl says "how much!? They look like stones from the garden" I don't think that I have ever seen an item that I like, although I do realise that there are collectors of Lola Rose that love it. Sorry but I just can't see it.

I like some Lola Rose pieces but I buy mine from her sample sales. That was obviously pre-Covid. My daughter and I would make a day of it, amazing prices, huge selection of styles and lunch at a nearby Thai restaurant. Miss those days.😟

Lola Rose is so dishonest, they never mention that most of the stones are dyed.

In the early days they did some really nice pieces but they've gone down the tacky rout with garish colours, base metal accents and neon string.

Made in China at very low cost, sold on Q at extortionate prices and sadly they get away with it.

Latest posts

Back