Things ain't looking good......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Trying to find who the CEO in the UK is (Dermot Boyd retired a decade ago), and it appears that Rob Muller is controlling operations from his US base; I found this little snip bit about Qurate Retail Inc who own QVC.....

QVC chief says ‘we’re living in a changing world’ as shares plunge on disappointing results​

by Ellie Silverman, Updated: May 10, 2019

"Qurate Retail, Inc. (QRTEA) stock fell nearly 27 percent after the company announced a decrease in revenue across its brands, including the combined QVC and HSN home shopping networks."

Hardly surprising really, and I bet its even worse this year.

A changing world where customers are asking up to the fact that for quality, value and choice there are alternatives out there who offer those things consistently, rather than talking about it.
I don't regret being a Q customer, otherwise I'd never have fond the forum of discovered some of the products I benefit from in my daily life...but the need to do better.

QVC have stayed the same since 1993, same goods, same individual postage, same signing of non receipt letters. When they first started there was very little choice, now brands have their own websites offering free or capped postage making QVC instantly dearer than any were else and the new breed of shoppers just won’t stand for it, they’ll shop around and won’t even entertain QVCs archaic practices, On Trustpilot the reviews for both QVC USA and UK are as bad as each other, so looks like their time is up, they refused to evolve and now because of their greed, they’ll pay the price.

Trying to find who the CEO in the UK is (Dermot Boyd retired a decade ago), and it appears that Rob Muller is controlling operations from his US base; I found this little snip bit about Qurate Retail Inc who own QVC.....

QVC chief says ‘we’re living in a changing world’ as shares plunge on disappointing results​

by Ellie Silverman, Updated: May 10, 2019

"Qurate Retail, Inc. (QRTEA) stock fell nearly 27 percent after the company announced a decrease in revenue across its brands, including the combined QVC and HSN home shopping networks."

Hardly surprising really, and I bet its even worse this year.
I think I have mentioned it before I saw a feature on CNN on one of the financial hours on the QVC company and they were looking into selling on different platforms. They were also downsizing their operation.

Just had a quick look and caught a bit of Alison “rapid fire” Keenan, who has definitely had some procedure to make her neck tighter, probably would’ve been cheaper to use Prai 😜

But I’m now looking at the biggest load of sh!t, four QVC own brand (they always give a double name to make it look more elite, Bell and Howell today) made in China set of four magnifying ballpoint pens with lights for £20. So this “high end” shopping tv channel who like to sell food you need to remortgage for, consider these a “big deal”...........yep, things definitely ain’t looking good.

I think QVC have left it too late. I am going to include IW in there as well. They both started in the early 90s and the latter early 00s when let us be honest the online shopping thing had not become the monster it is. People happy to pay p&p and wait ex amount of days for their item to arrive. Then Amazon started selling other things besides just books and the world of online changed for good. Other companies joined free postage and much faster shipping, people want their product asap. Hell the QVC app has been a bollicks from the start breaks down people cannot find items then revamp it and it still does not seem to work properly same for the website loads of complaints on their Facebook page about both for years.

I have ordered products from the US with free shipping tax already included and arrive in 5 days that included the weekend. There will always be people who will shop with QVC and IW but the heyday of selling on TV which has more in comment with the High Street which is dying the latter I say, unfortunately. QVC have tried getting the big expensive brands in to up their profile, you to can use X which the celebs us and even a few Z list celebs in with their names on products.

People for years have asked for free shipping which has never happen or even proper set p&p if you buy a number of items, not just it must be the exact same colour size etc. Amazon you can join Prime with free shipping very fast told when it will arrive but you get music, films and tv series for that. QVC relies on easy pay to get the customers in and now the outrage when there is no easy pay! Even online retails use a form of easy pay now.

I think QVC have left it too late. I am going to include IW in there as well. They both started in the early 90s and the latter early 00s when let us be honest the online shopping thing had not become the monster it is. People happy to pay p&p and wait ex amount of days for their item to arrive. Then Amazon started selling other things besides just books and the world of online changed for good. Other companies joined free postage and much faster shipping, people want their product asap. Hell the QVC app has been a bollicks from the start breaks down people cannot find items then revamp it and it still does not seem to work properly same for the website loads of complaints on their Facebook page about both for years.

I have ordered products from the US with free shipping tax already included and arrive in 5 days that included the weekend. There will always be people who will shop with QVC and IW but the heyday of selling on TV which has more in comment with the High Street which is dying the latter I say, unfortunately. QVC have tried getting the big expensive brands in to up their profile, you to can use X which the celebs us and even a few Z list celebs in with their names on products.

People for years have asked for free shipping which has never happen or even proper set p&p if you buy a number of items, not just it must be the exact same colour size etc. Amazon you can join Prime with free shipping very fast told when it will arrive but you get music, films and tv series for that. QVC relies on easy pay to get the customers in and now the outrage when there is no easy pay! Even online retails use a form of easy pay now.

Yes, Amazon is always my go to 😃

I’ll always shop in places that offer good value and service, that to me is Ideal World, not because it’s on the telly or I’m used to it, but because I get what I want cheaper, especially clothes. Last week I ordered a kettle and toaster and scoured the net, as I always do to get the best price, and IW was £25 cheaper (on both the kettle and the toaster) and they were delivered free. I also bought three tops delivered for £1 but that £1 was including different colours which would’ve cost £15 delivery from QVC. It’s not just that though, it’s returns too, which are free so it makes you able to order with confidence and my refund is always in my account less than a week after I’ve returned it, it’s tracked and free. QVC have held on for as long as possible not wanting to evolve, but then again they have to be the dearest, because let’s face it, those overheads won’t pay themselves. So always Google and shop around. 👍❤️🎄

If shopping habits continue the way they've been going for some years, and no doubt the market will become even more competitive, they're gonna need to make some radical changes before they hit the deck. The die hard addicts, which include the elderly and vulnerable won't be around for ever. It's unlikely that the families of some of these people are going to carry on where that person left off. (Especially after they've cleared their loved ones homes of unopened boxes and cupboards and shelves full of tat!)
What's the point of putting that advert "If you think you know QVC - Think again" on their shows? Surely it would have more impact on national television or in newspapers, otherwise they're just preaching to the converted. Mind you if they did that they'd be hiking the prices even more - but I'm sure with a complete overhaul, they should be able to find ways to give the customers better deals. They can start by stopping all this freebie nonsense...baby steps!

Last edited:
In reply to Shopperholic

Bell and Howell started in 1907 making cameras, lenses and projectors - - -
Bell_&_Howell_Regent_home_8mm_film_projector.jpg

and eventually went bankrupt, so the company name was bought up for cheap tat like the pens.

I can't help but raise a wry smile when I think that we've been saying for years how out-of-date and tired their business model is (not to metnion their presenters) and how increasingly non-competitive they're becoming. If they've been watching (aka monitoring) what's been said on here, their arrogance is such that they've no doubt dismissed us as bitter/cynical/jealous trolls when in fact, we were right all along.

Latest posts

Back