This lovely forum

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

China Girl

Registered Shopper
I have watched Qvc from the start when Julia came on with John Briggs on the very first show. Have watched ever since and ordered now and again, some good stuff, some not so good along the way. Came across this forum by chance a couple of years ago and just had to join, didn't realise back then that it would become so addictive and that I would meet such lovely people...so to speak. It's like a little community that have become cyber friends. I'm posting this thread because a few days ago I read the posts regarding lovely Sweetpea in the drop. I read them with tears in my eyes and if someone had told me when I first joined that I would one day cry over someone that I'd never met and didn't really know I wouldn't have believed them.

Still like watching Q but this fab forum has become about much more than that.

The forum has had it's ups and downs but is in pretty good place just now I think. Apart from Graham's sponsorship issues of course. We all get along pretty well well, and arguments are resolved without much intervention. I have some issues with the way moderation is handled but I'll not bore you with that. It wasnt always like this! :giggle:

I posted a link to one of our threads on Facebook last week and someone commented that we should all air our gripes on her because QVC looked at them.

No thanks. I prefer freedom of speech. QVC can stick their FB page up where the sun don't shine.

I have watched Qvc from the start when Julia came on with John Briggs on the very first show. Have watched ever since and ordered now and again, some good stuff, some not so good along the way. Came across this forum by chance a couple of years ago and just had to join, didn't realise back then that it would become so addictive and that I would meet such lovely people...so to speak. It's like a little community that have become cyber friends. I'm posting this thread because a few days ago I read the posts regarding lovely Sweetpea in the drop. I read them with tears in my eyes and if someone had told me when I first joined that I would one day cry over someone that I'd never met and didn't really know I wouldn't have believed them.

Still like watching Q but this fab forum has become about much more than that.

What happened to sweetpea? I know I am being nosey, but reading this, I just wanted to know:sad:

It's a good place to come to.

Discussion, good advice, shared interests, occasional spats, a bit of fun - an escape from our everyday lives.

Long may it continue.

I love coming here to find out the QVC gossip, latest TSV info, and best of all - the way a perfectly ordinary, innocent thread can become so much more...like the l'occitane thread where peeps have commented on pronunciations oop north and dan saarf - love it! And love the myriad of views and reflections expressed here. I now spend more time on here than watching QVC, which can only be a good thing.

I agree with every word said above. My particular reason for coming on here is the comedy/smut content. Oh, and the salacious goss. and of course BB's avatars.

It's a real antidote to my fluctuating levels of depression.

Linda xx mwah, mwah

I agree with every word said above. My particular reason for coming on here is the comedy/smut content. Oh, and the salacious goss. and of course BB's avatars.

It's a real antidote to my fluctuating levels of depression.

Linda xx mwah, mwah

Smut? On here? Never heard such an outrageous statement! Seriously though, anything that helps you cope with depression can only be a good thing.

thanks for starting this thread Chinagirl, I too love this forum and check it out most days. I found it when I was on long term sick with crippling depression and it really helped me by giving me a giggle and realising I was not the only one put there who was watching Q in the early hours due to being unable to sleep. Since those dark days I have made a very good recovery and still come on here to laugh and enjoy the intelligent and thought provoking comments. Like many other the forum has saved me a small fortune as whenever I am tempted I find out what you lot are thinking and I have avoided many an impulse purchase. I even think that our mockery of the presenters and the sometimes naff products is very gentle when compared with some of the stuff that is "out there" on line and this is another reason that this is the only forum I have joined, the lack of spite and bullying is most refreshing.

I have sat here crying with laughter at some of the posts-especially Burlybear. He's on fine form today.

I posted a link to one of our threads on Facebook last week and someone commented that we should all air our gripes on her because QVC looked at them.

No thanks. I prefer freedom of speech. QVC can stick their FB page up where the sun don't shine.
What on earth is your avatar BurlyB.??? Sometimes about 5.30 a.m. as im getting ready to go to work i come on here and check out whats been said and it always (nearly) makes me laugh. Burly B could be a comedian, he's a very sharp witted person, who says things we all think and never say,and puts it so damm well :envy: and there's others i love reading (not naming names as don't want to leave anyone out). And i'm so sosososososososo glad i found this lovely place to come too . Thank you one and all :bow:

Sometimes i cry with laughter reading this forum, sometimes with sadness at the some posters stories .
As long as we can carry on laughing,speaking our mind, respecting each other whilst having a good old ding dong. It should stay fun.

Speaking of smut Im watching Carry on Camping, smut city. I was never allowed to watch them as a child as my dad said it was cheap inuendo. Right up my street.

Latest posts

Back