this morning models

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

sausage

Registered Shopper
More and more all we see are the same "older" models being wheeled out as the norm for a older lady, at present our "Tiff" and Beula are on This Morning representing the older lady, come on find us some different models that are more representative of normal ladies!

More and more all we see are the same "older" models being wheeled out as the norm for a older lady, at present our "Tiff" and Beula are on This Morning representing the older lady, come on find us some different models that are more representative of normal ladies!

How old do you have to be to qualify as 'normal'?

i saw melintha yesterday. she is so beautifull. very petite ,no makeup and she looked glorious.
she is also very friendly and chatty. :sun::star:

I didn't mean "normal" age i meant more normal everyday looking and representative in size, for instance my mum is 5' 1, sze 16, I'm 5'8" size 16 and my two sisters are inbetween and none of us are represented by these two in my opinion i just wonder why these fashion items aimed at everyday women (older or not - i know this item was aimed at older ladies )always use the same models, when i walk down the street i see the occassional stunning looking older woman like these particular two but many more who i can identify looking more like me and my female family members that was all, i just think there must be some different models out there somewhere??!

I understand but I don't think QVC are going to employ models who look like the back end of a bus. The clothes, as bad as they are sometimes, need to look half decent,so putting them on fairly good looking models with good figures is a necessity.

loveheart you are probably right and i bet Tiff, Beula and the one who does ALL the ads (you know she has curly hair and swings round lamp posts in some catalogue ad and does make up for one of the qvc brands) are quite pleased and well off as they have cornered the market, i bit like Joy being the larger model of choice for qvc and this morning.
Just get a bit fed up of seeing the same people (and feeling a bit grumpy as i fell through a plastic garden storage thingy chasing a cat which was scaring my ducks yesterday -and yes it was as stupid as it sounds) and hurt myself:confused:

The thing is the models are all signed by agencies which go for a type;

Model = 5'8" or over and usually size 8 or 10 as the norm. Plus size model = 5'8" or over and usually a size 14+. This is for comercial style modelling. So when QVC, This Morning or Lorraine etc book they go to one of the agencies and get whoever is on the books and fits the built for that show. Rebooking the same models as they worked well the last time.

Sorry you injured yourself Sausage, hope you make a speedy recovery.

I get fed up looking at the same models but don't watch enough QVC for it to bother me.

Ouch, poor you Sausage, I am jealous that you have ducks, would love some but only have tiny back yard. Anyway back to the topic....the models on QVC do a sterling job smiling, twirling and endlessly stretching the waistbands of the creations they wear. If they had the likes of me modelling they'd never make any sales what with my lumpy shape and shocked expression at some of the clothes. :giggle:

I understand but I don't think QVC are going to employ models who look like the back end of a bus. The clothes, as bad as they are sometimes, need to look half decent,so putting them on fairly good looking models with good figures is a necessity.

I agree with you. It's no different to what we see in magazines and catalogues.

Latest posts

Back