Thorntons Chocolates TSV 25/11/12

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well done Kim ... stay strong :muscle:

I've actually been known to open chocolate gifts I've bought for other people once they're wrapped to eat the contents ... not something I'm proud of :blush:

The dogs advent calendar isn't safe when I'm around ... this TSV is not for me :angel:

Last edited:
I am surrounded by choc in our house but am never tempted as it gives me migraines and this is me during an attack:

Grade 1 migraine :mysmilie_512:

Grade 2 :mysmilie_43:

Grade 3. :mysmilie_460:

Can drink tea though, yayyyyy! :mysmilie_14:

Co-Op have the large boxes of Thorntons for £5 and Iceland at the moment have a smaller but still decent box for £3.50. Im afraid Lindt are the ones for this household, OMG between us we can 'do' a box in half a film LOL. This year I have got my better half a box of the cookies and cream Lindt, how in the name of god I haven't eaten them yet........

I can see this selling out. just watching the launch repeat and a third of the stock has gone.

The Thornton guest is so dull . I could talk about chocolate with far more enthusiasm

Around £20 a kilo not such good value but a lot of packaging?

chocolates are like that though the boxes make you look like you are getting more than you are. dont you think this is good value dale stated that it was £50+ on the thorntons website i'm asking as my mum wants to buy some for the nice ladies that look after her. so far they have a large yankee candle now she wants to give all of them some chocs. lol

I've complete admiration for anyone who can have that amount of chocolate in the house and resist the temptation to get stuck in. I just know that in a moment of weakness I'd give in and scoff the lot.

Me too - won't be the first time I've had to repurchase chocolate/selection boxes that I'd bought as gifts.

I think its good value as on the Thorntons website the same thing would cost you £47.95 plus £3.95 postage, the big box is £19.99 and the small ones are £6.99, so really its equivalent to buying the big box and one small one and then you get the other three small ones totally free.

Yes you can buy boxes of Thorntons in supermarkets etc but generally its not the continental range, it is the classic range. I think the novelty appeal for this is the fact is very "giftable" as you could keep the big box for yourselves and then you have four separate pressies which are equivalent to what £1.65 each. Fab!!

A lot of Thorntons things are cheaper direct but on this occasion this isn't. I have gone for it and also the 8 bags which were on four EP's, £5.73 per go, wahoo!!

I can see this selling out. just watching the launch repeat and a third of the stock has gone.

The Thornton guest is so dull . I could talk about chocolate with far more enthusiasm

Shockingly dull & I can't bear to listen to her anyway; she has a highly irritating sibilant way of speaking & for some reason the way she says 'choclet' does my head in & why does she have to say the word so often, I've already worked out that's it's bl**dy 'choclet', stop repeating it over & over for gawd's sake......!
:mysmilie_365:

Shockingly dull & I can't bear to listen to her anyway; she has a highly irritating sibilant way of speaking & for some reason the way she says 'choclet' does my head in & why does she have to say the word so often, I've already worked out that's it's bl**dy 'choclet', stop repeating it over & over for gawd's sake......!
:mysmilie_365:

I don't recommend you ever visit Derbyshire, then. We all say 'choclet' here!
I'm not too sure how you described chocolates without mentioning chocolate …

chocolates are like that though the boxes make you look like you are getting more than you are. dont you think this is good value dale stated that it was £50+ on the thorntons website i'm asking as my mum wants to buy some for the nice ladies that look after her. so far they have a large yankee candle now she wants to give all of them some chocs. lol

Your mum is very kind. The chocolates make a very nice present and a luxury. I'm a bit of a cheapskate. I got it wrong last year when I bought some special deal dairy box chocolates in tescos. They were just all 3 creme flavoured centres. Horrible so the thortons are much better quality

Well, I've just bought the tsv. I do think its nice to get nice quality chocs at christmas time as a pressie, you know, something that you perhaps wouldn't buy for yourself. I know I like to receive something a bit more special than just any old chocs that have been on a bogof offer in the supermarket. No offence to anyone buying bogof - I do that too, just saying!

Last edited:
oooh the guest is getting through now, her voice is whispery, sickly sweet and the amount of times she says chocolate! stop it woman! stop ittttttt!!!!!!!!!!

oooh the guest is getting through now, her voice is whispery, sickly sweet and the amount of times she says chocolate! stop it woman! stop ittttttt!!!!!!!!!!

choc chocs is what gets under my skin. I'm not talking about the packet of choc chocs. but when they're referring to the ordinary ones.

Hi,

up to 25% off on the Thorntons website today -
TCB is doing 10% off full price items or 8% off sale items,

Plus XWFT 15% off everything at Thorntons.

Bit cheeky of them to be doing that code on the same day as the TSV!

Cheers,
karen

Thanks for the voucher code. I had to register with voucher codes to get it. Will use it on Sunday. I also succumbed and bought the tsv

Latest posts

Back