Thortons Lady

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ilovelulu

Registered Shopper
Not to be too mean, but does the thortons guest have to speak in a half whisper all the time, its only chocolate in the name of God! it wont melt if you speak too loudly!

Also dont know if this has been mentioned before but the prices seem a wee bit steep compared to just buying them at a Thortons shop, although enjoying seeing all the chocolates for ideas on what I fancy, but as I stay in the city I can pop along to the shop quite easily.

Not to be too mean, but does the thortons guest have to speak in a half whisper all the time, its only chocolate in the name of God! it wont melt if you speak too loudly!

Also dont know if this has been mentioned before but the prices seem a wee bit steep compared to just buying them at a Thortons shop, although enjoying seeing all the chocolates for ideas on what I fancy, but as I stay in the city I can pop along to the shop quite easily.

They've always got offers on at www.Thorntons.co.uk plus you can get discount via Topcashback or Quidco. I don't know how QVC manage to sell any at all looking at their ludicrous p & p charges.

The combination of sickly sweet "she who must not be named" and the whispering-in-awe guest is worse than eating a whole sack of the stuff!!!:puke::puke:

I lost count of how many times she told us the chocs would take us on a 'flavour journey around Europe'. Yawny yawn yawn.

all the collections seemed expensive, I noticed they had some half price chocolate mints and a milk chololate box for £5 each in the Thorntons shop

I lost count of how many times she told us the chocs would take us on a 'flavour journey around Europe'. Yawny yawn yawn.

I wonder if she's the long lost sister of the Molton Brown lady who used to say a little bit of over priced soap smelling of stuff would send us on 'a heady night of expectation'...:drunk: . :drunk::drunk::talking::drunk::drunk::drunk:

I ordered the Chocolatiers Choice at £27.16 with £3.95 postage, a total of £31.11.

To order the 4 items directly from Thorntons would be £33.48 plus whatever they charge for postage, so not all of the collections were overpriced.

I wonder if she's the long lost sister of the Molton Brown lady who used to say a little bit of over priced soap smelling of stuff would send us on 'a heady night of expectation'...:drunk: . :drunk::drunk::talking::drunk::drunk::drunk:

Oh... I couldn't stand her. All that guff about a shower gel smelling like baby polar bears rolled in freshly falled snow flakes.

I personally hold the Thorntons lady responsible for me finshing off my Christmas toffee stash. And I mean Christmas 2010.

I don't know how the shops stay in business - QVC does have stuff on cheaper than the shops and every time I go Asda/Tesco/Morrisons there are Thorntons on half price offer.

The woman was quick to point out that the collections she was showing yesterday were not available in the supermarket aisle. she was right, however they are available in the Thornton's shop in the high street and they have a lot of offers at the moment.
All that guff yesterday about not having to drag around the high street and hope that your chocolates won't melt in the hot shops or get battered by your other shopping bags had me laughing so much.
I would rather any of the above as opposed to being overcharged by qvc, having my chocolate bunged into the back of a lorry with a hundred other boxes and then manhandled by a courier.

The woman was quick to point out that the collections she was showing yesterday were not available in the supermarket aisle. she was right, however they are available in the Thornton's shop in the high street and they have a lot of offers at the moment.
All that guff yesterday about not having to drag around the high street and hope that your chocolates won't melt in the hot shops or get battered by your other shopping bags had me laughing so much.
I would rather any of the above as opposed to being overcharged by qvc, having my chocolate bunged into the back of a lorry with a hundred other boxes and then manhandled by a courier.

I totally agree, I really like double checking items in the shop to make sure the chocs are ok, esp as a christmas gift, nothing worse than a battered box of chocolates! I actually like the hustle and bustle of christmas shopping, it wouldn't feel like christmas if I didnt feel at least a wee bit harassed at this time of year.

Latest posts

Back