Tiffany-style Lighting

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

user 22184

Registered Shopper
My late sister was a huge fan of Tiffany-style lighting from QVC, but it's been a while since it's been on sale. Any idea why it stopped? I assumed it was very popular.

Quality and or popularity hasn’t ever stood in the way of Q’s decisions to stock or not to continue with a brand.

Loads of good quality jewellery brands have been dropped whilst the likes of Michelle Hope’s monstrosities are churned out month after month. And we haven’t even started on Marla W.

I watched a documentary about Tiffany the other week. It showed the original lamps and they are all art deco period which is just seen an old fashioned now. People changed to clean simple designs so sales went down and QVC dropped them.

I've got two, a big standard lamp and a matching table lamp which is also pretty big. I've always liked them and I got these two for a song from QVC when I think they were winding down the shows. Not to everyone's taste but I was really pleased to get them at a reasonable price.

CC

I've got 2 big standard lamps, the glass looks good on or off.

But I also got a table lamp, and although it was OK when lit, it was just dull when off, you couldn't see the glass colours at all.

And to cap it all, the base, which I thought was cast iron, was actually plastic, which degraded and fell to pieces. :mad:

But I also got a table lamp, and although it was OK when lit, it was just dull when off, you couldn't see the glass colours at all.

And to cap it all, the base, which I thought was cast iron, was actually plastic, which degraded and fell to pieces. :mad:
.......plus a..... :unsure:

........sperm lamp ;):LOL::ROFLMAO:

We're all different, I'm not a fan of the big boringly round lampshades, that I imagine Kelly Hoppen has in every room, and don't get me started on the black lampshades that Julian McDonald favours - what good are they ? cant read by them, throw out no light at all, by are ok for hotel receptions with their mood lighting.

For years I've loved my fringed Downton Abbey style l/shades, and according to my young trendy nephew I'm on trend again - he lives in Brighton so I suppose thats as cutting edge as it gets 🤭 🤭

There were lots of similar designs sold elsewhere I bought a couple in TKMaxx, they were some of the worse lamps I have had .

I've seen the bases get huge fissures in them after a few years. I think they were made of resin.

There were lots of similar designs sold elsewhere I bought a couple in TKMaxx, they were some of the worse lamps I have had .
That's so true! Some of the designs were lovely, in my opinion, but a Tiffany telephone? Naff. But hey, I'm not known for my taste. I really regret not buying the lamp in the shape of an umbrella stand. Don't know why, but that really appealed to me. :)

We're all different, I'm not a fan of the big boringly round lampshades, that I imagine Kelly Hoppen has in every room, and don't get me started on the black lampshades that Julian McDonald favours - what good are they ? cant read by them, throw out no light at all, by are ok for hotel receptions with their mood lighting.

For years I've loved my fringed Downton Abbey style l/shades, and according to my young trendy nephew I'm on trend again - he lives in Brighton so I suppose thats as cutting edge as it gets 🤭 🤭
I don't "get" Julien McDonald's designs at all. Everything seems to be mirrored. His wall mirrors are hideous too and the huge lamp bases topped with black shades look gaudy. The only time I like a black shade is when it's lined with gold so it throws out a warm light. I'm looking at my "gorgeous" Lidl pineapple lamp with black and gold shade right now. I love it.

I'd love this for my hallway. There's one going for £65 on ebay. If I still feel I want one by Sunday, I'll buy it.

Attachments

• tiffany.jpg
    tiffany.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 94

Latest posts

Back