Tip for breadmakers.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

iloveshopping

Registered Shopper
I have an old bread maker and the paddle leaves an annoyingly large hole in the bottom of the loaf as well as making the loaf difficult to turn out of the pan. Was mooching around looking at Cuisinart breadmakers and found the instruction to remove the paddle when the dough cycle had finished. I now work out when the dough cycle has finished, set a timer and delve around under the rising dough and remove the dough paddle. The loaf now just has a little hole in the middle which is left by the spindle on which the dough paddle sits.
Of course no good if you are not around during the cooking cycle but I am generally around and once the timer pings in my pocket - I go and remove said paddle.
I use timers because I cannot be trusted to even boil eggs on the hob and remember to turn them off before the water boils dry.

Thanks for the tip but my bread is never around long enough to worry about the hole. My machine is a very very old Hanari Sp?) one of the first on the market without many gizmos but it does the job. My problem is that I try to reduce my intake of bread but freshly baked is hard to resist, lathered in butter - yummy but a real no no if trying to shed the pounds!

Latest posts

Back