Titanium Instyler TSV 11/12/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes and II have thanked various great member sleuths for their info but this time I was thanking Star in the Hood for his hard work.
Argos currently have a similar looking Titanium Instyler in white for £40.79 (with or without £3.95 delivery) so that makes me wonder what the TSV price or USP might be?

I've tried the instyler twice (two slightly different models, not sure what the difference was). Anyhoo, there just didn't work for my hair, the gap between the roller and the brushes allowed my fine hair to slip through. My hair is fine and straight but I have lots of it and the only way I could get the instyler to grab and smooth the hair was to use it on thick sections so if I needed it straightening it might have been ok. The clumps of hair were too thick to achieve anything close to a curl. If your hair is like mine, the only way to curl it to achieve waves, is to use a small barreled heated wand to create a Shirley Temple head of curls which soon drop to loose waves.

Just bought mine in purple. The one I bought last year from QVC when it was on half price as a OTO is still going strong but as I use it every time I wash my hair I figure at this price it is almost sensible to have a second one (I say almost as I know I have really bought it because I hate to miss a possible bargain!) I have a chin length bob; I rough dry my hair with my Ego and a brush and then smooth and turn my style under with the Instyler, for me it is quick and really hassle free and I would really hate to be without it. I have acute rheumatoid arthritis and my hands are quite deformed so I can only handle tools that are light and easy to use and for me this fits the bill. Hope this is helpful to someone xxxxx.

Last edited:
I tried it and kept burning myself the big barrel gets very hot. Was too clunky for me. Sent it back.

I ordered one to see how it goes, I've got some ghd straighteners which are getting a bit old now so expecting them to give up at some point and would like a product which could give a bit more body. Hopefully it will be ok but I did note a good point which I read on a review; the barrel only goes in one direction so not easy to use yourself on both sides. We will see!!

I received an email a couple of days ago about this TSV. And got a heads up to order it early. Watched videos of it on YouTube and thought, yeah I like this, I'm going to give it a go. So I ordered it Tuesday. It's only still in progress ! What was the point !

I received an email a couple of days ago about this TSV. And got a heads up to order it early. Watched videos of it on YouTube and thought, yeah I like this, I'm going to give it a go. So I ordered it Tuesday. It's only still in progress ! What was the point !

they have your money .....silly

I have the instyler. The oto someone mentioned. I quite like it. Prefer it to straighteners I think. I think the barrel is a bit bigger than this one.

Thanks, Akimbo

I've tried the instyler twice (two slightly different models, not sure what the difference was). Anyhoo, there just didn't work for my hair, the gap between the roller and the brushes allowed my fine hair to slip through. My hair is fine and straight but I have lots of it and the only way I could get the instyler to grab and smooth the hair was to use it on thick sections so if I needed it straightening it might have been ok. The clumps of hair were too thick to achieve anything close to a curl. If your hair is like mine, the only way to curl it to achieve waves, is to use a small barreled heated wand to create a Shirley Temple head of curls which soon drop to loose waves.

I am feeling really good now about saving the postage and return postage (£!0!). I was tempted, but having had terrible results with a lot of QVC's electrical devices I held back. So glad I did now because you have just described how useless it would be on my baby-fine hair. Glad to know there is someone else who has to have tiny curls in order for them to fall out by the next day to a more sophisticated look. Merry Christmas.

Oh you're welcome hun, even though I know it didn't work for me at all, I found myself watching and thinking it might work (a blame a sugar crash having eaten many jelly babies a couple of hours earlier). So i gave myself a slap and snapped out of it!

It's very telling that Jill hasn't altered her hair using the TSV!

Latest posts

Back