Tjc buyers presenting

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Scooby-Doo

Registered Shopper
Stick to your main job buyers! Nobody wants to see sour faces shouting gobbledegook incoherent rubbish like you're in some third world market place while the professional presenter has to sit there like a spare part. Big turn off!

Stick to your main job buyers! Nobody wants to see sour faces shouting gobbledegook incoherent rubbish like you're in some third world market place while the professional presenter has to sit there like a spare part. Big turn off!
I used to enjoy the jewellery shows but since the buyers have been appearing I’ve tended to turn off. It’s sometimes a struggle to get their point and the drops are just ridiculous. I suppose it’s all part of the switch away from so much jewellery.

I always change channels when the buyers appear. Unless they're on with Lindsay Gunderson.

It doesn't matter who she's on with, Lindsay will talk or shout over everybody. She left Lucy Q speechless when the designer started explaining the background to yet another drippy necklace thing, and Lindsay just shouted over her mid-sentence with her unrelated opinion. Lucy was completely silenced, and had a face like a slapped kipper for her remaining time on screen. Fun lol

The constant loud incoherent rambling along with the 25 price drops on everything has turned me off. Why do they even need the presenters there now if they’re going to be selling everything.

The constant loud incoherent rambling along with the 25 price drops on everything has turned me off. Why do they even need the presenters there now if they’re going to be selling everything.
At least when you switch on tjc there's always a visual of what's for sale hopping between tjc and gems chat show tjc showed 5 items - I'm still waiting for anything to appear for sale on gems chat chat chat show!

Gemporia has gone down the same route QVC went down about 8 years ago. No talking about the items, no specs or measurements info, but loads of gab about the presenters' new books, new homes, what their kids did in school or whatever.

I feel sorry for prospective Gemporia buyers. By tbe time the presenter gets around to actually talking about an item, the ****** thing has sold out on pre-order.

Even TJC isn't immune. Laura Schofield, who used to be one of my favourite presenters, has a) gone very sell, sell, sell, and b) will start talking about her business selling shoes for women with flipper feet at a moment's notice. Doesn't matter what the topic is, Laura will find a way to get her new business into the conversation.

It's ****** depressing.

Gemporia has gone down the same route QVC went down about 8 years ago. No talking about the items, no specs or measurements info, but loads of gab about the presenters' new books, new homes, what their kids did in school or whatever.

I feel sorry for prospective Gemporia buyers. By tbe time the presenter gets around to actually talking about an item, the ****** thing has sold out on pre-order.

Even TJC isn't immune. Laura Schofield, who used to be one of my favourite presenters, has a) gone very sell, sell, sell, and b) will start talking about her business selling shoes for women with flipper feet at a moment's notice. Doesn't matter what the topic is, Laura will find a way to get her new business into the conversation.

It's ****** depressing.
I agree - I give up with gems like you say - everything gone on preorder website is rubbish anyway and the bracelets and pendants are so miniscule look like they're made for a 3 year old. I can't stand Tjc buyers presenting so I don't bother to watch when they're on shouting in bad English that no one understands. I do order from Tjc but always online.

Watching a painful embarrassed Derek on tjc having to put up with the shouty incoherent third world market trader speaking in very bad English - do they really think we are impressed? Enough people have complained about it small wonder presenters keep leaving it's soooo unprofessional and makes them look like a cowboy outfit.

I switch over when Mark is presenting. He goes overboard with his overacting. Rachel is just as bad.

Out of the blue one of them will pull the "We've gone far too low! This makes me so angry, but we'll just have to go with it!" crap. Then they'll syate that only TJC can go so low because they do everything in-house etc.

Neither seems to note the discrepancy. It puts me off buying, because if they're going to lie so easily, what else won't be true?

I switch over when Mark is presenting. He goes overboard with his overacting. Rachel is just as bad.

Out of the blue one of them will pull the "We've gone far too low! This makes me so angry, but we'll just have to go with it!" crap. Then they'll syate that only TJC can go so low because they do everything in-house etc.
Neither seems to note the discrepancy. It puts me off buying, because if they're going to lie so easily, what else won't be true?
I notice TJC always pretend theyv gone too low and Gems theme is rarity and closed mines theyv been saying that for over 10years and still flogging tanzanite n sleeping beauty turquoise.i don't mind any of the presenters on tjc but can't stand the false manic euphoria displayed by gems presenters

It all went down hill when Colin Wagstaff left.

Acutally, Colin Wagstaff was the one who started it all! Any excuse to appear in front of the camera.

I recall, he often brought his family on to flog TJC. It's down to him why the buyers now all want to be on screen. Don't miss him.

I haven't seen any off the buyers on since lockdown but the presenters who are having to travel to work. Hope they are using different studios.

Latest posts

Back