Today I bought....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I haven’t even seen this book but I want it now! 🐈‍⬛

This is the one I bought

Re: the Debenhams everything must go. On the perfume boards people put up about great deals but it turned out the usual 15% they always have on beauty.

It`s this one Mazza. If he gets another 12 years use out of this one as he did with the last one which was originally bought from Burtons then I won`t complain.
Mr V`s holdall arrived this morning and to say I`m pleased with it is an understatement. It is such fabulous quality, is beautifully made, top class leather and fittings and was really carefully packaged plus has its own dustbag which will keep it in good condition when he opens it. Well worth the sale price.

I can't find where I posted about buying wireless ear buds, but it was prompted by a QVC deal reduced to about £45 (PLUS PP).

Anyway, I bought a set for £7-50 (FREE PP of course) and they arrived from Jersey yesterday, fairly quickly. They don't charge any VAT as they don't have it there. so always a good deal.

They seem fine, and I must admit I was a bit surprised that they worked at all, and they seem to be good quality too.

I nipped into our Debenhams yesterday to buy an Aveda Phomollient, probably the last thing I'll ever buy in that store.
So sad to see all the closing down signs on the window 😢
By the sound of it, decisions taken and not taken by the owners played a significant part in it's downfall. Too many bricks and mortar stores... then Arcadia which is so significant in there going bust, in part due to lack of serious investment in the digital offering. Sound familiar with a shopping channel?
I love shopping at Debenhams, and the designers at Debenhams era was a particularly good one.
I just hope we have a new wave of clothing retailers on the high street, plus other stores. Otherwise the dreaded high street will become the dead high street.

I had a feeling Debenhams was going. Quite a few of the beauty brands suddenly moved to the revamped Boots in Belfast last month. At one point it was said the Belfast store was kept going because they had a MAC counter and they bent over to make sure they did not move to House of Fraser. Then MAC opened their own stand-alone store and last month a counter in Boots. I said to a friend I think they are closing as so many brands have suddenly moved to Boots. MAC, Too Faced, KVD, Urban Decay all turned up.

Debenhams Belfast has looked tired for a number of years, people I know who worked there kept saying oh we are getting a revamp and each time it was cancelled. House of Fraser now Frasers Belfast spend 5 million on the beauty hall alone a few years back and the store was only 10 years old. They are getting another refit when COVID is sorted already did a refit on the top floor and opened Flannels.

Just got back from my local Tesco superstore (a 10 minute walk away) where about 1/4 of the store is taken up by concessions of Burtons, Wallis, Evans and Dorothy Perkins.

Yes, Flannels is next door to our Debenhams, They have a security guard manning the door, you can't just walk in, he has to open the door to let you in. Same as the posh jewellers nearby.

Just had 85% off at QVC ! ! !

I had been browsing the "clearance at least 50% off" and came across this, straps for the UPCART I bought from Q about 2 years ago, but £17 for a few straps was ridiculously expensive, so I didn't buy them.

Now they are £2-55, but I have to pay MORE THAN THAT for PP at £2-95 :(

There were 1000s of items reduced, it took ages looking at them all, but nearly all clothing, so I was lucky to spot these.

I received 3 velvet pouches from Elizabeth Scarlett today. They`re big enough to use as toiletry bags or to hold a lot of makeup and they`re really nice. I doubt I would have paid full price for them nice as they are but I got 30% off when they were advertising a special Christmas offer. They came with each in its own dust bag and you could also choose to have them gift boxed or initials embroidered on them. I didn`t bother with the gift boxes or initials. Might be worth keeping an eye open for post Christmas sales or special offers and they bring out new patterns 2 or 3 times a year. The ones I ordered are all the hummingbird ones in the link below but they do lots of others plus more matching items.

I wanted a simple watch with a very clear dial that you could read at a glance, and with a metal strap.

I chose this one. It is waterproof so safe for swimming in.

The normal price was £149 but it was already on sale for just under 1/2 price at £74, and the 40% Black Friday discount was taken off this, so it cost me £44-40 with FREE PP.

So that is 70% off, almost £105 discount.

View attachment 20019View attachment 20020
Are these your hands?

I was also interested in this one, about the same price, but with a silicone strap.

Should I, shouldn't I ???

View attachment 20021
No.

I am the opposite, rather obsessed with time.

My main watch is RADIO CONTROLLED so it is always accurate to the second. It has the normal hands to read at a glance, but also an LED digital display to read the time to the second. As it is solar charged, it never needs new batteries, so is always correct.

If I have an appointment, I hate being late so usually get there far too early, then hang around and go in at the precise time.

I find it annoying that programmes on Radio 4 Extra are always late starting!

Why doesn't this surprise me??? 😆

You sound like those old farts who arrive at Waitrose 45 mins before opening time on a SATURDAY morning - (before covid) - albeit with a great SOH & reasonable taste in wristwear.

I received 3 velvet pouches from Elizabeth Scarlett today. They`re big enough to use as toiletry bags or to hold a lot of makeup and they`re really nice. I doubt I would have paid full price for them nice as they are but I got 30% off when they were advertising a special Christmas offer. They came with each in its own dust bag and you could also choose to have them gift boxed or initials embroidered on them. I didn`t bother with the gift boxes or initials. Might be worth keeping an eye open for post Christmas sales or special offers and they bring out new patterns 2 or 3 times a year. The ones I ordered are all the hummingbird ones in the link below but they do lots of others plus more matching items.
Those look really lovely. I’m quite taken with the star sign ones as it’s not obvious what it is. I’m going to keep a note of these.

I had a feeling Debenhams was going. Quite a few of the beauty brands suddenly moved to the revamped Boots in Belfast last month. At one point it was said the Belfast store was kept going because they had a MAC counter and they bent over to make sure they did not move to House of Fraser. Then MAC opened their own stand-alone store and last month a counter in Boots. I said to a friend I think they are closing as so many brands have suddenly moved to Boots. MAC, Too Faced, KVD, Urban Decay all turned up.

Debenhams Belfast has looked tired for a number of years, people I know who worked there kept saying oh we are getting a revamp and each time it was cancelled. House of Fraser now Frasers Belfast spend 5 million on the beauty hall alone a few years back and the store was only 10 years old. They are getting another refit when COVID is sorted already did a refit on the top floor and opened Flannels.
I have not been in our Debenhams since the beginning of the year, but it too has been looking tired too despite it having refits in various areas over recent years. Though for many years I did not buy stuff at full price as I used to wait till they had the mini sales which happened regularly.

Debenhams isn’t a shop I go to, as I rarely shop in my town ( Birmingham) A couple of years ago I went with a friend to a neighbouring town, and we went into Debenhams for a coffee. Although the coffee shop was reasonably busy, there wasn’t a single person shopping in the store. The shelves and counters were groaning with stock, and the staff were just standing about doing nothing. I remember saying how on earth are they ever going to sell all this stuff?

My 2 Skagen watches have been despatched, one yesterday, one today (they were ordered at different times).

But the strange thing is, one has full tracking, and the other has none.

Latest posts

Back