Today I bought....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Decs down in this house on 2 Jan. I don't like Christmas things up after new year, yet I love all my decs.

As for buying. I bought 2 fur jackets off IW for £60 ish (cheaper if you buy 2). Four easy pays of £20. That's me sorted for coats for the rest of my life. Faux fur.

CC

I bought ester Lauder advance night repair from qvc the " new " version - theyv obviously watered it down not a patch on the old version so won't bother again. Also i wanted a pair of vionic boots on qvc sale at £126 but after checking online got the same ones for £75 !! ( I always check online before buying qvc) so i cant be the only one doing that - most of us now are tech savvy. Qvc take heed !

Well I've ordered myself a rubber broom because despite hoovering my hallway carpet to within an inch of it's life it still looks ingrained in places. I was reading the blurb and so many people were saying that it works wonders on carpet. Got room for it after getting rid of my regular broom that didn't get a lot of use. so here's to clean looking carpets (I hope)!

Well I've ordered myself a rubber broom because despite hoovering my hallway carpet to within an inch of it's life it still looks ingrained in places. I was reading the blurb and so many people were saying that it works wonders on carpet. Got room for it after getting rid of my regular broom that didn't get a lot of use. so here's to clean looking carpets (I hope)!
Only got carpet in one small room, everywhere else has varnished floorboards with large rugs. Would a rubber broom be suitable on antique rugs? Where did you purchase it from, if you don’t mind me asking.

Only got carpet in one small room, everywhere else has varnished floorboards with large rugs. Would a rubber broom be suitable on antique rugs? Where did you purchase it from, if you don’t mind me asking.

Amazon sell them in fact just Google it they’re sold in many places, including Studio. https://www.studio.co.uk/shop/homewares/utility---laundry/mops---brushes/kleeneze-rubber-head-brush?source=DO5G&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=--always_on--PLA | Top Review Products | DO5G&utm_term=--P_24499692--&utm_content=--pla--&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI18Hzi9WE7gIVg2DmCh236AwMEAQYAiABEgJ5wvD_BwE

I've ordered a couple of Isaac Mizrahi items before Christmas , cheap as chips in the sale, and they have still not arrived. I ordered (or won as Ebay like to put it) a few items before Christmas and one has still not arrived. This has put me off buying online for the present.

I'm not sure if I'd use a rubber broom on an antique rug. Having said that, I don't own an antique rug!

I use my squeegee rubber broom to help clean up after my greedy dog who gobbles her food too quickly, has a really long drink... then brings up a watery mess of undigested food a few minutes later. It took us having a spycam on her to realise the water wasn't weird wee but what was left after she'd re-eaten the food from the mess :sick:. That was a shock! The broom is easy to disinfect after spills etc.

The rubber bristles did bring up flattened carpet and rug piles but my old stiff brush seemed to keep the pile up longer. My memory may be a bit faded, though, as I've had hard flooring for 20 years.

I got my rubber broom from JML for under a tenner iirc. It's been very useful but not something I've used that often. Having said that, I wouldn't be without it now.

ETA I had a look at Shopp's link and noticed the Beldray PVA mop. I also own one of these for mopping up after spills. I love it! It has to be a bit damp to work but it sucks every drop of moisture up and the head can be thrown into the washing machine with my other cleaning stuff.

Last edited:
In Sandringham House the housemaids get on their hands and knees to sweep the antique rugs with a dustpan and brush.
Seriously though I get better results on my stair carpet with a dustpan and brush they're so much more manoeuverable , so hit and miss with the vac. But I'm hoping that the rubber broom will bring the pile up better and get rid of stuff that's trodden right down into the pile. I think the handle on his broom is adjustable too which is handy. Front room rug responds pretty well to the vacuum cleaner but the carpet underneath could do with a bit of a fluff up..so here's hoping! And the rug upstairs really needs throwing out 'cause it's got a carved out pattern so all the guff gets caught up where the vac doesn't reach..so I'm hoping my rubber broom will save me having to replace it. Not so urgent 'cause it's out of the way and really only seen by me but would still like it to look a bit nicer. Main bedroom is just rugs bathroom has floor tiles and mats, kitchen laminate.

I had to buy a new microwave the ****** catch is going on mine. The microwave works fine. The shop around the corner no longer sells them, so Amazon it was. I didn't want to cook in it and then not be able to get it out? Current one is around 10 years perhaps more.

I have a rubber brush use it for outside.

Latest posts

Back