Today I bought....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Been on a gadget spree recently, but all from Amazon, apart from my SPERM lamp.

1. A Bluetooth receiver to fit in my old Bose ipod dock, to bring it back to life for another purpose.

2. A £1-89 clipboard which I needed anyway to get free postage for the above item.

3. Mobile phone charging leads with magnetic ends. You put the small adapter permanently into the phone, so there is no more constantly plugging in and out. and it keeps dirt out. Then you just bring the lead close and it automatically connects, whichever way around it is. Each lead comes with 3 adaptors, so using them for phone, ipad, pocket DAB radio, Kindle etc.

4. Various DVDs

5. Three more smartplugs for voice control with Alexa. It's so decadent to get into bed then tell it to switch the light off, or back on if you get up at night.

Plus a few other things I can't remember off the top of my head.

ALL FREE PP, would have cost a fortune with Q.

There’s something curiously fascinating about reading what other people have been buying! I get some kind of vicarious pleasure from it when I’m not buying much myself and it makes me feel better about my own past impulse purchases. It’s very therapeutic!

Been on a gadget spree recently, but all from Amazon, apart from my SPERM lamp.
5. Three more smartplugs for voice control with Alexa. It's so decadent to get into bed then tell it to switch the light off, or back on if you get up at night.

The smart plugs were withdrawn strato, the bits inside were positioned too close together and deemed a fire hazard.

Judith Williams hypnotised me and I bought the collagen TSV whilst under her spell. It was AWFUL. Made my skin tight ( not in a good way) and sore. The eye cream made my eyes swell and itch like mad, so back to QVC it’s gone!
Ah, Judith Williams - I don't buy any skin or bath products from anyone online ( :love: Aldi) but I find her mesmerising.

I have just ordered a Margret Dabbs Foot File, although it is more than on Amazon it comes with more replacement pads. One of the reviews on Amazon alerted me to it.
My previous purchase was Alpha-h Eye Complex Duo as it was good price.

I bought a set of 3 lanterns/torches - I think they were a TSV. They were about £9 cheaper than elsewhere.
Over on Craft Telly forum we have a 'Fess Up' thread - a new one every month. It's just for craft purchases.

Ooh I could fill that thread too; I've still got boxes and cupboards full of stuff I was tempted to buy by Balan and Arry, the Bibster etc! Even if I start a cottage industry I'd never get through it all. I'm secretly perforating condoms in an effort to gain a brace of grandkids to use it up! :devilish: 🤪

My last big buy was the Dyson AMO9 Hot and Cold fan, my other buys in recent times is ABC skin wash and Alpha H liquid gold. I only buy what I need now, after years of buying cupboards full of gadgets I had to have. I was tempted by the battery storage case but I will have a look on Amazon as suggested by Toril...(y)

[QUOTE="Kathy, post: 987775, member: 16303" I was tempted by the battery storage case but I will have a look on Amazon as suggested by Toril...(y)[/QUOTE]

This is the one that I bought although mine was only £16.14. You’ll need to click on the photo to see the details. If you apply the 10% discount at checkout it’ll bring the price down to just over £17 which is still cheaper than the one on QVC. 😉

Attachments

• 3361C0FB-6725-4202-BD8C-A3965E34FCA5.jpeg
    3361C0FB-6725-4202-BD8C-A3965E34FCA5.jpeg
    86.7 KB · Views: 149
I`ve only bought one item from Q since the beginning of the year and that was a set of cozee home bedding for my youngest grand daughter`s birthday. As you can tell I`m more of an observer than a buyer from Q these days and I tend to find better deals elsewhere.
I`ve begun my Christmas shopping and in recent weeks I`ve ticked quite a few off my present list and have found some good voucher codes or deals and free deliveries.
My husband and my oldest son both like a Chanel mens EDT Pour Monsieur and The Perfume Shop were offering buy one get one half price on all brands to members a few weeks ago. That was a heck of a saving on a brand such as Chanel and free delivery too.
That`s just one of the savings I managed to find and I`m registered with lots of sites so regularly receive discount codes or offers and have made the most of them in recent weeks.

I’ve bought some diamonique hoop earrings & a couple of rings in clearance & lola rose earrings, all frivolous but just as a cheerer upper. The Lola Rose May go back as not keen on the colour now they’re here.
I too bought The Doll 10 TSV but, unlike you all, I’m not loving it. I’m very pale but with a warm/neutral undertone & the colours look more blue pink than they did on screen. I hate the darkest colours, look like the embalmer has been at work.

There’s something curiously fascinating about reading what other people have been buying! I get some kind of vicarious pleasure from it when I’m not buying much myself and it makes me feel better about my own past impulse purchases. It’s very therapeutic!
I've always liked looking at what is in someone else's trolley, it gives me ideas but also allows my judgemental character free rein.

[QUOTE="Kathy, post: 987775, member: 16303" I was tempted by the battery storage case but I will have a look on Amazon as suggested by Toril...(y)

This is the one that I bought although mine was only £16.14. You’ll need to click on the photo to see the details. If you apply the 10% discount at checkout it’ll bring the price down to just over £17 which is still cheaper than the one on QVC. 😉
[/QUOTE]

I have just ordered one for £15.99 should be here tomorrow. Thanks for he heads up.

My monthly credit card statement tells its own story. 5, 10 years ago it would have been littered with half a page full of qvc purchases. Now there are barely 1 or 2 every couple of months. I honestly shudder to think of my expenditure in those early years, but I don't regret the gold/silver jewellery or (amazingly) some of the clothes I bought and still have, like the art deco-ish pieces from Dreamkeeper. I wonder if its me being more prudent, or just that QVC has nothing of interest to tempt me anymore.

I got the Ninja air fryer/grill tsv from a couple of weeks ago and I'm pleased with it so far, mainly just using it as the air-fryer and haven't used the Lakeland remoska or their air-fryer since as this is so much faster.
Also sent for the Harry Slatkin tsv, even though I wasn't going to because I thought they looked a bit 'twee', but they're nicer than that and the fragrances are lovely.

Only one item and goodness knows why. A lovely Perceptions dress ,no idea when,if I will ever wear it.

Had a charity bag pushed through the letterbox and got rid of quite a bit including a lot of costume jewellery I would have worn on holiday.

Latest posts

Back