Today I bought....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Today I didn't buy this! Chloe Everton is shrieking her head off that this would be perfect for a wedding. Eh? My Auntie Vera (old and large) used to wear these kinds of things along with a Hilda Ogden style hair turban. She's on drugs (Chloe, not Auntie Vera). This is hideous and £55 to boot. Sorry if you bought it (but surely not to wear to a wedding).

Any guest wearing this monstrosity wouldn't take the attention away from the bride, apart from the laughs. It's totally awful.

Dinah the outside cat, she is semi-feral and won't come in. This past week 3 half-eaten mice left on my porch, yes the backend, tail and legs.
We've had cats who've always done that & one vet said that it was because the brain's the delicacy :sick: Sox is quite an effective mouser but when I find them they are always in tact & often have closed eyes, it's as though he's smothered them!

Moth and Moose kitty update. Both boys have now been "done" and love their time out in my son`s garden. Moth (the tabby) is a born hunter killer so it seems and my son had to rescue a blackbird from his clutches just yesterday. Moose (the black and white) is so laid back he`s horizontal and can`t be arsed chasing anything except his food dish. They are chalk and cheese in characters, Moth ever alert, always looking for mischief and loves the thrill of the chase especially if he catches something edible, Moose always looking for a cuddle, he actually purrs whilst sleeping and wants to be everybody`s friend. Lovely pair of boys who are spoiled rotten by my grand daughters.
moth and moose.jpg

Early last Tuesday morning I was hanging out some laundry, I turned around and there were three kittens peeping out from under my car!

I know none of my neighbours has cats because they are banned under the lease (the game keepers shoot them the evil barstools).

The kittens were starving as they were chewing the wing of a pigeon, anyway I managed to capture two of them and phoned my local Cats Protection for advice, meanwhile the mother cat had turned up, they said put some food out and some-one would come later in the afternoon.

I put a dish of tuna down and the mother and kitten wolfed it down but I couldn't get within ten feet of them.

The Cats Protection lady came but she couldn't catch them so she left a humane trap and within twenty minutes I had the third kitten, feisty little thing it ripped my hands to shreds with it's claws, but no sign of the mum.

The charity advised that the trap needed to be checked every half an hour because the cat would probably panic when trapped so it might be best to remove the trap overnight but living next to a really busy road and with the aforementioned gamekeepers I left the trap and had my Alexa wake me every thirty minutes to check the trap and refresh the hot water bottle for the kitten.

I caught the mum about 6am :)

When they were collected the lady told me that she thought that the mum was about a year old and the kittens about five weeks old and that some person had simply dumped them and left them to their fate.

Early last Tuesday morning I was hanging out some laundry, I turned around and there were three kittens peeping out from under my car!

I know none of my neighbours has cats because they are banned under the lease (the game keepers shoot them the evil barstools).

The kittens were starving as they were chewing the wing of a pigeon, anyway I managed to capture two of them and phoned my local Cats Protection for advice, meanwhile the mother cat had turned up, they said put some food out and some-one would come later in the afternoon.

I put a dish of tuna down and the mother and kitten wolfed it down but I couldn't get within ten feet of them.

The Cats Protection lady came but she couldn't catch them so she left a humane trap and within twenty minutes I had the third kitten, feisty little thing it ripped my hands to shreds with it's claws, but no sign of the mum.

The charity advised that the trap needed to be checked every half an hour because the cat would probably panic when trapped so it might be best to remove the trap overnight but living next to a really busy road and with the aforementioned gamekeepers I left the trap and had my Alexa wake me every thirty minutes to check the trap and refresh the hot water bottle for the kitten.

When they were collected the lady told me that she thought that the mum was about a year old and the kittens about five weeks old and that some person had simply dumped them and left them to their fate.
You are wonderful & I love you 💐

What a superstar! That little furry family were so lucky that you found them. I hope all can be rehomed once they have been "done".
What horrible people to do that. New kittens are so vulnerable to the cold. I hope they are ashamed of themselves.

I have been considering buying an Etsy gift card for a pressie. Anyone used there gift cards - are they ok to use or is it one of those things where there are so many T&C that no vendors accept them?

TIA

I just phoned Cats Protection and mum and babies have settled and are doing well, but my hands, every time I use sanitiser I can feel every scratch and gouge, and that's from a tiny kitten!! 😾😺:D
They have the sharpest claws. Do you have any electrolyzed water? It's kind to hands & I've used it since alter told us about it back in the summer.

SusieSue, You are brilliant. What a lovely thing to do.

Late last night I bought - Gift mate 32 piece festive gift bag set! Cross with myself for not sticking to my principles ,as I'd promised myself that I wasn't going to buy anything more from them. Thing is, I watched the demonstration and I could see that the jumbo bags were enormous and they would most certainly be big enough for my needs (2 in the pack), and that the other sizes, apart from the teeny tiny ones looked pretty good too and that this pack would most certainly cover everything I need to wrap this xmas. I love the idea that there's literally no effort involved, don't need extra tissue paper, nor do you need to secure the tops of bags with tape to stop the contents being seen, so for me, a winner all round. Present wrapping is a pet hate of mine, so I've used gift bags for years, but it can be a faff going round all the shops buying the various sizes. I do re-use old ones whenever I can, but then you need to get new tags for them, so this set ticked all the boxes for me. I did argue with myself with regards to the promise I'd made to stop giving them my custom, but thought no point in shooting yourself in the foot girl, so I placed the order. I've had a quick look this morning elsewhere on line and there does seem to be a few better deals out there, but checking the sizes of the jumbo bags, the gift mate jumbos do seem to be a slightly better size, though some of the other sets gave you more bags, you can't vouch for the quality . The gift mate demo did make them look pretty robust. As I said before, I bought a bargainous set of gift bags online a couple of years back and the bags were pretty shoddy, and I did end up having a bag full of gifts collapse on the way to the recipients house and ended up staggering round trying not to lose the contents all over the floor!...Anyway, that's xmas wrapped, and hopefully a return to not buying anything more from Q!

Moth and Moose kitty update. Both boys have now been "done" and love their time out in my son`s garden. Moth (the tabby) is a born hunter killer so it seems and my son had to rescue a blackbird from his clutches just yesterday. Moose (the black and white) is so laid back he`s horizontal and can`t be arsed chasing anything except his food dish. They are chalk and cheese in characters, Moth ever alert, always looking for mischief and loves the thrill of the chase especially if he catches something edible, Moose always looking for a cuddle, he actually purrs whilst sleeping and wants to be everybody`s friend. Lovely pair of boys who are spoiled rotten by my grand daughters.
View attachment 19945
What animals are in the other cubicles?

Our house rabbits (RIP)used to kip in similar shelving, know as "cubicles" because they're Cubes...and they're "Ickle!"

What animals are in the other cubicles?

Our house rabbits (RIP)used to kip in similar shelving, know as "cubicles" because they're Cubes...and they're "Ickle!"
They both love cubby holes and hiding in small places. Moth the tabby hides on one of the spindle back dining chairs which is pushed under their table and when their collie least expects it he jumps out between the spindles and startles her. Another place they both hide is behind the window blinds and my DIL nearly took Moose to work with her when she found him fast asleep in her tote bag.

Latest posts

Back